Redirects any www.amazon.com page to smile.amazon.com
SmileAlways makes giving to charity easy by automatically redirecting all Amazon.com pages to smile.amazon.com. ***Now also includes international support for Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk.*** ============================== Extension Summary: This extension makes giving to charity easy by automatically redirecting all Amazon.com pages to smile.amazon.com. Through Amazon's AmazonSmile initiative, 0.5% of your purchases on eligible items will automatically be donated to the charity of your choice. SmileAlways does not collect any information about your identity or browsing or purchasing activity; we just want to help you give to charity every time you shop at Amazon, without having to remember to start at smile.amazon.com. SmileAlways was developed by two MIT students, Josh Haimson and Dan Elitzer. Josh and Dan wrote and published the initial version of this extension on November 10th, 2013, dedicating it to the memory of Aaron Swartz. We hope in our lifetimes to contribute to the world a fraction of the impact Aaron achieved during the far too short time he was among us. While we encourage everyone who shops at Amazon to use this extension, we hope you will also find other ways to contribute to charitable causes you care about by directly donating your dollars, skills, and time. If you are unsure which charity you want to give to, please check out the organizations recommended by GiveWell, a charity research and evaluation group with whom Aaron volunteered his time. The extension was not created or endorsed by Amazon. Amazon and AmazonSmile are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. The repository for this extension can be accessed at http://github.com/Jdhaimson/smilealways Image credit to Daniel Ayuso Pérez.
- (2020-01-16) tommi kuisle: Es macht was es soll, und viele menschen wird es helfen... :D. Danke für diese kleine extansion!
- (2019-12-18) Andrew Lamarra: Works exactly as expected. Thanks for the great extension!
- (2019-10-08) Michael G: Does exactly what i need it to do!
- (2019-07-26) Kyle Evans: It's very common for me to just browse around on Amazon checking prices and reviews. When I actually go to buy an item, I often forget to switch over to Amazon Smile and don't realize it until after I've placed the order. This extension has saved me numerous times. Solid 5/5.
- (2019-07-02) Jordon Griffiths: Amazing extension - I always forget to use smile but this works perfectly and redirects me there without me having to think about it 👍
- (2019-06-11) rosemarie luces: Very fast
- (2019-03-11) Donald Straka: Works exactly how it is suppose too.
- (2019-02-20) This extension used to be great, now it does nothing unless you uninstall/reinstall it weekly (at least). Too bad.
- (2019-02-20) jaidon rymer: Works perfectly for amazon UK. makes making amazon do their bit just a little easier.
- (2019-02-14) Familie Pelz: Funktioniert aktuell nicht bei https 02/2019
- (2019-02-12) Jenn Forbes: It doesn't work, just sends you to the normal Amazon site.
- (2019-02-11) Brian Hart: I love this extension and have been using it for a while. I got a chrome update recently that I think broke it though. From skimming other reviews seems they are having the same issue. I hate to rate it one star but if somebody is coming to see this now they need to know... as soon as this gets fixed I'll be sure to update my review.
- (2019-02-11) Ben Caldwell: To those having issues with the extension recently- Give this a try: 1. Turn off Smile Always 2. Log out of Amazon Account 3. Turn on Smile Always 4. Log into Amazon If that doesn't work try: 1. Turn off Smile Always 2. Log out of Amazon Account 3. Log into Amazon 4. Turn on Smile Always This got it working for me. Wonderful extension!
- (2019-02-09) Ryan McVickers: No longer works. Links to Amazon are not redirected to AmazonSmile. Typing in Amazon.com in the address bar is also not redirected to AmazonSmile. Stopped working about a week ago.
- (2019-02-05) Kali: Having issues these days. It doesn't do anything. My current setup Chrome Browser Version 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Linux Ubuntu Box 16.04.
- (2019-02-02) Justin Renberg: This app has malware in it. When you search for something on google it will hijack when you click on a link and launch a different link, links that are probably monetized. Disabling the app this behavior no longer happens.
- (2019-01-31) Vero Marine Center: Easy, unobtrusive, and you can support groups easier!
- (2018-10-06) Donna Heaston: i originally used another app for this function. i always had to wait for the change. this app works with no apparent difference than choosing smile every time.
- (2018-08-23) Devil Angel: i love this extension. its very simple and useful. its works very good.its support every country. and UK and Germany support is awesome.
- (2018-08-22) Chris Linder: If you use Chrome as your browser, this extension will automatically take you to AmazonSmile when you go to Amazon. It's helped my family know that every purchase we make on Amazon gives back to our community.
- (2018-08-13) Manny I: Great extension to make it easy for everyone to go to amazon smile every time.
- (2018-07-17) Matthew Stanfield: Amazon.co.uk users please note that it works well with Amazon UK. A simple extension that does what it says on the tin. 5/5
- (2018-07-10) Tony Almatti: I love this extension, but I just wish that there was a button to disable it sometimes. Some of my other Amazon-focused (research) extensions don't play nice with Amazon Smile, unfortunately, so it is a hassle to have to go into the Extensions menu to disable it when I want to use them.
- (2018-06-23) Travis: Excellent! I recommend charity = Judicial Watch, Inc.
- (2018-05-02) Robin van Baalen: Set and forget. Always and automatically use Amazon Smile :-)
- (2019-02-12, v:0.93) MJ K.: not redirecting
running chrome 72.0.3626.96 on windows10 (64-bit)
- (2019-02-07, v:0.93) Ariel Halevy: Wont redirect anymore
Dear Developer, This is an amazing little extension. I never noticed how much I needed this in my life until it wasnt there anymore. I see that going to amazon.com doesnt redirect to smile.amazon.com anymore. I am not sure what the issue is. Can you please help out? All the best, Ariel
- (2019-02-07, v:0.93) Jack H: Stopped working
The extension suddenly stopped working. I think it may have been due to the update to Chrome 72. I read some of the other reports and replies, and I turned off all extension...even Google Keep and Slides and such...and it still doesn't work.
- (2019-02-05, v:0.93) Tanner Barnett: Not working anymore
No longer redirecting. Chrome 72 64bit Windows 10.
- (2019-02-04, v:0.93) Nicholas Blasgen: Not Redirecting
Very odd. Chrome 72 (Mac) is no longer redirecting to Smile. Same issue reported by others.
- (2019-02-01, v:0.93) Rob Avina: As of last night
all was working fine, wake up this morning and hit amazon.com and don't get redirected to smile.amazon.com :( Letting you know.
- (2018-11-01, v:0.93) Lena Rotenberg: Today Chrome stopped opening Amazon.com until I disabled Smile Always
"A notice to our users The browser or mobile device you use to access the internet does not support modern security standards that Amazon and others use to protect customers. To complete the entry of your payment information, please upgrade or use a different browser or mobile device to ensure that your experience on Amazon will be uninterrupted. To install or update a supported browser please visit any of the browsers websites: ..." Running Windows 7 Pro, latest Chrome version.
- (2018-10-01, v:0.93) sean flores: Exceptions for other amazon sites
I sometimes use Amazon UK and it would be great if I could create an exception
- (2018-07-22, v:0.93) goat on a stick: Incompatible with another Addon
Does not work with HTTPS Always extension!
- (2018-05-13, v:0.93) Eugeniu Plamadeala: permissions question
When I try to install it Chrome asks if I am ok with the extension being able to "read and change your data on amazon.com". Is it really necessary for it to read all data? Since it filters by URL, that should be enough. How can I make sure it does not actually read all my data?