Checks Craigslist every 5 min for your saved searches.
- (2021-01-24) Patrick Trautfield: Love this app! Edit: This app worked well for me for a couple years. I scored some great things from CL because of it! But ever since roughly a year ago (when I wrote my original review), the notifications stopped happening. The app still "works" as in I can still save things to the list from my craigslist searches, but notifications for when new items are listed never happen anymore. I reached out to the developer twice, but never heard back. FWIW, the notifications stopped on all of my devices, not just one. It's a shame, because this was *really* useful for a while for me. I'm holding out hope that it will somehow fix itself, but I'm not holding my breath.
- (2021-01-20) Barbara Whitten: Just added this and it doesn't seem to be working. I have a search saved but am not getting any notifications.
- (2020-11-09) Jason Grosser: Stopped working a month or 2 ago. I tried to contact support but no response. please help!
- (2020-10-20) Aric Domke: Extension hasn't worked in quite a while, over a month at least. I've contacted the developer and explained the issue but haven't gotten a response.
- (2020-10-12) Mikel Poppe: I have used this extension for a long time and always appreciated it. Unfortunately as of the past few weeks it has stopped updating. It appears to be refreshing continuously but no updates ever come through.
- (2020-10-09) Lo Loo: Keeps refreshing and posting any popups - extension is broken.
- (2020-09-24) George Muromtsev: The extension is great but has it just stopped working a couple of days ago? It's in a refresh loop and no popups occur.
- (2020-07-16) Thomas Pham: Kind of useless because it shows notifications for the entire region, you cannot get notifications for only your specific region
- (2020-01-30) Victor Reppeto: I have used this for a long time and I used to like it very much but I am getting ready to delete it. Constantly it reports that new items have been listed and it is a lie. The little reminder window pops up in the corner of my screen every few minutes even when no new listings are present.
- (2019-09-16) __: Great extension. I use it for finding gigs on CL in multiple cities and it works well.
- (2019-09-12) Brendan McGinley: Absolutely essential. I live in a large metropolitan area, and this handy little plugin finds me free or cheap offers for nicer versions of the things I was about to buy at full price...usually a walk from my apartment. I have enjoyed it for years and am grateful for its existence.
- (2019-07-16) Candi Soda: Not sure what's going on but.. There's 999+ notification on the app icon and there's no way to "Mark all as read" Lol it's been at 999+ for a few days now, how the hell do you take that off so I can actually see the actual notification number 🤣
- (2019-05-03) Robert Bredlie: I've been using it for years and I love it. Saves a lot of time digging around in CL.
- (2019-04-09) Greg Baumann: Simple and effective.
- (2019-03-06) Pat Reddy: It works - about 50% of the time. I have been searching and saving over, and over and over again but the app doesn't save the price filter - so it returns EVERYTHING. Uninstalling.
- (2019-03-05) Almost perfect - only thing that doesn't work for me: saving the minimum price option of my search.
- (2018-12-02) Michael Waite: I love this tool. It fills a gap in Craigslist functionality.
- (2018-11-14) Ron Helton: System Update: Since the latest Google Chrome update, this app has ceased to function. Notification counter is stuck and does not allow you to see any of the notifications. Stuck on the refreshing mode when opening the app window. UPDATE: Since I posted my original review, there has been an update to the notification feature and it is now fully functional. KUDOS!!!! "There is no notification. But since I usually am tracking 10 different categories. I can click to open all at once. Which is handier than opening them one by one."
- (2018-10-18) Jason M: You're aware this is now completely broken in the last few releases of Chrome right? Is a fix coming?
- (2018-09-07) Timothy Curry: Bare minimum. It works. It's average.
- (2018-08-26) Sarah Morris: So far so good.
- (2018-08-20) Amir Esmaili: great program
- (2018-06-08) Alex D: I used this years ago and they still haven't fixed it. This app DOES NOT save your price preferences, which is a big deal when saving searches... Great idea for an app, if only it worked. 1 star. Edit: I decided to try this app again, another handful of years later. IT STILL DOES NOT WORK in 2018! I am getting notifications for things I have already seen. I am getting notifications and then nothing new has been posted! I hide items and I still get notifications for them. Broke app, MIA developers, and ignorant people giving it more than the 1 star it deserves.
- (2018-06-02) Noah B: great extension. use all the time
- (2018-05-27) Kayu: This app is the best ever!
- (2018-05-01) Houston E. Nelson, III: The program is great, but it should allow for an option that provides the user a notification sound as well.
- (2018-04-30) Mike Simmons: Works Great!
- (2018-04-29) Leslie Croot: Super helpful! I'm so grateful for this!!
- (2018-04-20) Fajar Nugroho: DSC
- (2018-03-31) Jess Carrasco: I've been using this app for years. I have focused searches that get me in and out for something that i'm looking for (for me it's maybe 3-5 things at a time typically. all saved.
- (2018-03-21) John Dumas: ONLY FREE program that works great :) Thanks, johndumasjr.com
- (2018-03-05) Stevie Howard: False positives all day! Wasted my time, ended up removing it. Looking for something that works...
- (2018-03-01) Hersh Hossain: straight forward does what it says
- (2017-12-23) Ed Gallo - Nest Rooster Videos: Great!
- (2014-06-20, v:188.8.131.52) Gene Smith: Notification Does Not Clear
I tried un-enabling your app in Chrome, then fully shutting Chrome down, then opening Chrome again and enabling the app. Made no difference - same 3 saved searches do not clear.
- (2014-06-17, v:184.108.40.206) Gene Smith: Notification Does Not Clear
There are now 3 of my saved searches which do not clear after clicking on them. The rest of my searches are behaving normally.
- (2014-06-13, v:220.127.116.11) Gene Smith: Notification Does Not Clear
Having finally cleared out the recalcitrant notification, now apparently NONE of them will clear once they appear!
- (2014-06-12, v:18.104.22.168) Joel Mellon: Wrong URLs
Firstly, I can't have a search for both San Diego North County and All San Diego, if the search term is the same, eg. PHP. I don't know how far this goes but it seems like it might affect whole cities and even multiple boards and sub-boards. It appears that searches are indexed by search term, ie. the search term is what makes the search unique. No workaround. Secondly, searches appear to be cached in some way and quite poorly. If I save a search like: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/search/nsd/sof?query=php (North County SD) then decide I want to expand my search to the whole county I and add: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/search/sof?query=php ...it doesn't work (as explained above) but even if I delete the first search and add the second URL manually, it still shows North County SD and still takes me to the first URL onclick. My workaround was to add a random var in the URL to bypass the caching, eg. ?query=PHP&test=test These are brutal bugs, but I'm guessing are somewhat related to San Diego County since we're a complex place. North and south should really be two counties.
- (2014-06-10, v:22.214.171.124) Gene Smith: Notification does not clear
This is my second feedback on this topic. After having my search for Silvertone, Houston, Musical Instruments continue to display a notification for 1 message no matter what I did to clear it, I finally just deleted that search and then recreated it. That fixed it - at least for now. Don't know if this is helpful, but I thought I'd share what finally worked.
- (2014-06-09, v:126.96.36.199) Alex Arias: NOTIFICATION DOESNT CLEAR!
IT doesnt tell me which are the new posts either.
- (2014-06-08, v:188.8.131.52) Gene Smith: Notification fails to clear
For some reason, the app sometimes fails to clear the notification (the little number next to the search) when I click on it and even click on the particular ad to look at it. Even looking at the ad more than once doesn't clear it when this happens. I shut Chrome completely down to make sure that was not the problem. But when I opened it again, the very same notification was still there. This is the particular ad: http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/4508617319.html
- (2014-05-23, v:184.108.40.206) forward new listings to email
Since mobile phone Chrome App can't install extensions, it would be nice if your extension could email the links to new CL listings it detects
- (2014-03-27, v:220.127.116.11) Richard Beggs: ubuntu
I do not know if my OS is the problem but your Craigslist Notification worked fine for a while and then it would only showed loading so I remove it and now when I try and reload it, it will never load. Thanks you for your help. [email protected]
- (2014-03-05, v:18.104.22.168) Jen Bond: It doesn't update every 5 minutes
Your description of your app says it updates every 5 minutes and I have found things that were listed 45 minutes ago and you still haven't notified me.