Replace all prices with time based on your hourly wage.
This extension replaces prices on all shopping websites (Amazon, eBay, Target, etc...) with how many hours you would have to spend working to make enough money to pay that price. This is calculated based on your hourly wage after state and federal taxes. (Idea Credit: Aaron Z. Lewis)
- (2022-12-13) Matthew Kowal: This implementation replaces the number completely so you are not able to see the actual price It does not recognize text strings such as thousand, million
- (2019-11-04) Michael HaZe: Love the idea but its a shame its unexcetionaly buggy :(
- (2019-09-24) Troy Brennan: I think this extension is so helpful, HOWEVER, it would be super great if you could also enter the number of hours in your typical workday for very large purchases. For example, I had something up that said it was only going to take 132 days of work to pay off, but multiplied by the typical # of hours in a workday (8), it actually came out to 1056 days! From ~1/3 of a year to almost 3 years! Huge difference in mental framing.
- (2019-08-12) K Higa: It did calculate prices in all sites I visited but it's not accurate. Everything cheap was 1hr worth of work or anything higher was off by 1.5 hours of work
- (2019-08-09) Ebsan Uddin: Real scary looking at all my Amazon purchases using this app. So far so good and it works fine (even with an adblocker enabled), hopefully more compatible sites will be added soon.
- (2019-08-08) Shane Williams: Does not work
- (2019-08-07) Shaun Falk: This extension also converts all dollars to time, even those within a news story, so that is pretty annoying. Uninstalled because of that. Not sure if using the gross income is appropriate even with thier State/Fed tax rates applied. Should use net income if you really want to know how long it will take as many of us put money into retirement, healthcare, etc pre-tax. There is no way to know what calculations they are using.
- (2019-08-05) Vanessa Vanier: Didn't work for Canadian Amazon. Yet another US exclusive... bummer. Uninstalling!!
- (2019-08-05) Simon: Does not work in Germany. Only available with dollar currency...
- (2019-08-05) Ryan Jones: Would really like you to extend this to £GBP. Great app though. Cheers
- (2019-08-05) --: A great idea, but I cannot use it as I don't live in the USA! Please allow for different currencies and tax systems please :)
- (2019-04-05) Gio: Does not work unfortunately.
- (2018-11-05) Khalea Berry: Good, but for hourly work you cannot use decimals in the pre-tax income field :(
- (2018-10-03) Pradeep Kumar Gouribhatla: Loved the idea.. great way to keep ourselves from buying unnecessary stuff.. But it never worked for me.. tried couple of times, It doesn't detect amazon.com pages or product list
- (2018-05-22) Anne van der Ven: I love the idea, can you please please please also make this in EURO? :)
- (2018-05-04) Tim Lockk: Not able to use it. Glitches. The screen shakes like crazy and won't allow me to change any of the options. Sounds like a great idea for an extension though.
- (2018-05-04) Booker Smith: It could be my computer, but it glitches on me. State select is not a drop down, I had to discover that typing the first letter of my state name is the only way to iterate through until I find my state. The add-on also vibrates back and forth with extreme rapidity when trying to enter salary values, and takes 5+ seconds to save values. There is no way, apparently, to choose anything other than annual income.
- (2020-08-23, v:2.4) Ruth Carrick-Forrester: Time Well Spent
Hiya, I can't see to get the chrome extension to work at all - am I doing something wrong? Thanks! Ruth Eastelow
- (2018-07-14, v:2.4) Chase Cromwell: Hourly Doesn't Work
Selecting hourly in the dropdown prevents the extension from doing anything.
- (2018-05-18, v:2.4) Jordan Fugazzotto: Working Great
I wish that when I hovered over the time it would show me the equivalent in USD.
- (2018-05-09, v:2.2) Cat Stephenson: Pounds please!
Love this idea, but I'm in the UK
- (2018-05-09, v:2.2) GBP
Would love to use this on websites with prices in GBP!
- (2018-05-04, v:2.1) Buddy Shively: Shaking
Only able to add salary. Unable to use drop-downs to update location or pay frequency.
- (2018-05-04, v:2.1) First Last: Shaking
Options window shakes, can't select anything from the drop-downs