The extension is shown on Amazon product pages to help you make the right decision.
****IMPORTANT NOTICE**** Since 0.5.0 - The AmzVar has been rebranded to "Amazon Shopping Assistant" (previously it was called "Price Checker of Amazon Variations") The new extension does not provide the price list of Amazon Variations, but it allows you to check the price history of most products, prices from different sellers, and alternatives from other websites. We hope it could help you to make the right decision. BEFORE YOU BUY, LET'S DO SOME RESEARCH... @shopecific Sep 3, 2022 ************************ Because Amazon does not allow its API to be used in the Browser Extension, AmzVar no longer works as before. We are looking for new ideas, in the meantime, you might continue to use AmzVar to check the Price History and All Prices of the current product. @shopecific Apr 9, 2018 ************************ ************************ The amzvar - Before you buy, let's do some research... Currently works for amazon.com & amazon.ca, i.e., United states & Canada region. ===BELOW DESCRIPTIONS ARE KEPT FOR REFERENCE=== You're buying a swimming jammer. When you land on a jammer product page, it shows the price of $14 - $35, but it doesn't tell the specific price until you select the size and color, and then it takes you a lot of clicks to find out the one that was $14, but actually, it's not the right size for you. Does this scenario sound familiar? If so, you come to the right place. The amzVar was born to solve this issue. It pops up when you are viewing products that have variations on Amazon, provides the list of variations (for example, color and size) sorted by price, and saves you a lot of time to find the lowest price. Since V0.2.0, it also includes price history powered by camelcamelcamel. Note that not all products have a price history available. Since V0.3.0, it shows product recommendations when the product does not have variation. The amzVar Chrome Extension's key features include: - List variation sorted by price - Filter variation by size - Add to cart button to get a special price (*not* include shipping and tax, so please double check before checkout) - Provide the link to see all offers to compare the price with shipping and tax Stay in touch: Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shopecific Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shopecific Change logs: **Version 0.4.0 (3/26/2018)** 1. Rename to Price Checker instead of Price Viewer. 2. AMAZON.CA IS SUPPORTED!!! 3. Added rate us icon - please rate us 5 stars if you like amzVar! 3. Style fixes **Version 0.3.4 (3/19/2018)** Minor fixes of Toggle icons. **Version 0.3.3 (2/23/2018)** Fixed draggable open/close icon. It now needs to *press the "Shift" key* to drag, so it will not mess up when you click. **Version 0.3.0 (2/11/2018)** This is a major update!!! 1. The trigger icon (orange arrow icon) is draggable. In case it blocks something, you can move it down or up. :-) 2. On the non-variation product page, we show recommendations now. 3. A lot of optimizations. **Version 0.2.7 (2/7/2018) ** Show landing on other pages to be consistent Align checkbox with text Reduce delay to auto popover to be 0.5 sec **Version 0.2.5 (1/1/2018) ** No kidding! It's 2018. Happy new year! **Version 0.2.2 (11/23/2017)** Fixed auto pop checkbox style in Windows. **Version 0.2.2 (11/23/2017)** Fixed empty box shown on old Chrome browser. - Happy Thanksgiving from AmzVar! **Version 0.2.2 (11/22/2017)** Do auto pop again and add a 1-sec delay - always you can disable it if you don't like it. Update name to be the first Cap to all. **Version 0.2.0 (11/16/2017)** Added price history powered by camel3 Use Jackets as an example since the weather is getting cold. :-) Turned off auto popover by default **Version 0.1.9 (11/14/2017)** Fixed amzTag to show landing page **Version 0.1.8 (11/7/2017) ** Small fixes - It has been a year - new feature coming soon. **Version 0.1.7 (11/29/2016) ** Move the auto-open option to the bottom Fixed auto open settings bug **Version 0.1.5 (11/19/2016) ** By default, auto displays the sidebar, and you can change behavior via settings. Fallback to search in the case there are no recommendations found. Shorten footer bar **Version 0.1.3 (11/15/2016)** Internal AID updated **Version 0.1.2 (11/14/2016)** Improve performance to display 'view example' popup **Version 0.1.1** Show a different popup when the user is already on the Amazon website **Version 0.1.0** Improve performance Add an example link on the popup window **Version 0.0.9** A bug fix - no more empty pop-ups on some product pages. **Version 0.0.8 (11/6/2016) ** Initial public version :-)
- (2023-07-12) aGlobetrOtterEric: does not wort to show price of variatons like it said it would
- (2023-03-29) Chris Liu: What is the point of allowing this to remain in the Google Webstore when it obviously no longer works due to Amazon's API limitations?
- (2021-01-29) Nave Flow: "AmzVar no longer works as before" Ok. But it's a major feature so it's like it doesn't work at all.
- (2020-08-13) Shawna Swisher: I want to love this app, I use it frequently... But I feel like every time I download it I only get a month or so for it to work, and then have to delete and download again. The concept is great, LOVE when it works as it saves me time and money frequently... Just wish it would continue to work.
- (2020-03-13) J L: No longer working or supported as of 2018
- (2019-11-08) Marilyn Boes: I accidentally hubg up on a person who was cancelling my free trial of a Prime Membership. He wrote me back and said it was cancelled, but I didn't get a chance to thank him. His name was Sergio ________. Can you please see that he gets this and send me a confirmation by email that the free membership and anything else is cancelled is cancelled. Thank you!!!!
- (2018-10-03) Dawn Crowley: I LOVE GOOGLE EXTENSION
- (2018-07-09) Kawana Hanick: I've used it for a while. I like the way it used to work better. But as long as it works. :)
- (2018-03-16) Ricardo Henriques: Doesn't work on amazon.ca
- (2018-03-02) Ning De: This is truly helpful! I use it every time I shop on Amazon. No more clicking around to find the price of variations. Highly recommended!
- (2017-09-20) Brooke F: It actually works!! Unlike the other one that advertises doing the same thing. Thank you!!!
- (2017-06-08) Adam C.: Yes, I'm creator of this Extension. I rate it 5 stars because I think it's a very helpful tool. I hope you can give it a try and like it as I do.
- (2017-05-28) C S: Thank you for making this.