Make your screen dark while casting a tab to a Chromecast.
Make your TV dark in a click while casting a tab to a Chromecast. Restore the screen with a click on the dark tab or the icon. Perfect if you're casting a tab with Spotify, Soundcloud and so on.
- (2015-05-04) Michael Evans: works
- (2015-03-24) Dylan Faltisco: Does what it does. I wish I could set a timeout so that the TV would go black after a set duration automatically. For example, I want to cast an Airdroid tab on my TV so that I can see my phone/social media notifications there while working. I'd rather not have to hit the black out icon every time before and after looking at the notifications on my TV since that takes away a lot of the convenience.
- (2014-09-22) Jaimie T: Exactly what I was looking for and works like a charm. Now I can listen to ambient noise websites without worrying about burn in.
- (2014-09-03) Jan-Albert Manenschijn: Perfect!
- (2014-09-02) Russell Wren: PREFECT! I have been trying to find an app to use as a screen saver while casting since I got my chromecast. This one is prefect.
- (2014-08-26) Ian Roberts: Wow, I was listening to music through Chromecast didn't even think about tv burn in. This app does just what it says makes the screen black. Couldn't get any simpler than that. Will be great for leaving what ever music station you have on.
- (2014-04-30) Erik Wilderoth: World's most underrated extension? A game changer!
- (2014-04-28) adam lindqvist: This really changed my way to consume music. Wow. Everything is now better in my life. When listening to Spotify and with this extension you are able to save energy, which is good in this unenvironmentally world.
- (2015-05-11, v:0.0.0.2) Malte Laurids Brigge: permissions for all website dta?
I know permissions are weird and broad, but can u explain why it asks for data on all websites we visit? No way to contain permissions to only apply on websites you black out?