Surprisingly easy email protection and control for Gmail.
Easily protect Gmail messages and attachments, and maintain control wherever they’re shared. At Virtru, we understand that data is an organization’s most valuable asset and sharing it is critical for business success. But sharing data creates significant risk. We believe no one should have to choose between protecting data and sharing it. We help more than 5,000 organizations, large and small, across almost every industry, protect data wherever it’s created or shared so they can collaborate with confidence. Privacy Ensure Gmail messages and attachments stay private so you don’t have to trust Google with your data. Compliance Maintain compliance with data privacy regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR, PCI, and CCPA. Secure, Seamless Sharing Protect Gmail messages and attachments and maintain control wherever they’re shared - both internally and externally, beyond Google. End-to-End Encryption Object-level, client-side encryption or your entire inbox, seamlessly integrated into Gmail with a simple Chrome extension. Persistent Access Controls Access revocation, expiration, disable forwarding, and attachment watermarking give you persistent control, wherever your data is shared. Persistent File Protection Keep attachments protected and controlled anywhere files are shared and stored (i.e. Gmail, Google Drive, desktops, network drives, and more) to ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and privacy throughout the full collaboration lifecycle. Contact us to learn more or try Virtru at your organization: https://www.virtru.com/contact-us/#contact-us By installing this product, you acknowledge that you are either an individual using the product for personal, non-commercial purposes, an end-user at a paying Virtru customer organization, or otherwise authorized user. For terms of service, please visit https://www.virtru.com/terms-of-service/. If you are interested in using Virtru at your organization and do not have an account, please contact sales at https://www.virtru.com/contact-us/.
- (2019-10-24) Liam Groen: Very good
- (2019-10-21) Exactly what I needed, thank you for making it free!!!!
- (2019-03-17) Aiden Dennis: I like it because It protects me from hackers and viruses.
- (2018-12-05) Michael J: I really like Virtru - but it totally conflicts with the new gmail interface. With Virtru chrome extension enabled and gmail using the new (now mandatory) interface - gmail stops working. Clicking anything in gmail (eg Compose) does nothing. Disabling the Virtru extension solves the problem. Switching to the old gmail interface (back when you could) also resolved the issue. I'd love to use Virtru, but obviously if you can't use gmail, then it's pointless. Also - there are features such as disabling forwarding or creating an expiration date on your emails that are shown as greyed out options in Virtru when you send an email. I believe these require a pro subscription - but good luck to you if you can figure out how to get that for the personal gmail version (ie not g suite).
- (2018-11-18) Simple to use and highly effective method of managing information - I have now implemented the solution for my enterprise
- (2018-10-16) Shaya Klechevsky: Was working more or less ok with the old gmail layout (was getting weird rendering on the compose window) but now that the gmail UI has been force updated for everyone, the chrome plugin doesn't seem to work anymore. Any ideas on when to expect a fix?
- (2018-08-31) Heather Couturier: I really loved this until I realized I could no longer edit or add canned response emails. I use this function a lot as I need to send the same, exact emails out to various people for a number or reasons. I had to remove the app.
- (2018-03-16) Mathieu Bourhis: It breaks gmail search "Exact phrase like this" is searched as Exact OR phrase OR like OR this I'd rather filter gmail as intended without the app and decrypt manually.
- (2018-01-16) Casey Loveland: Works well.
- (2017-11-29) Cory Norris: So east to use. Gives you options that no other secure emails source does. I never leave reviews but had to, because I can't believe its not more widely used.
- (2017-11-24) Andy Mudge: Easy to use but keeps switching itself on and encrypting emails that don't require encryption which is very annoying. Possibly down to how my organize has chosen to configure it but at very least I would expect a warning and option to send the email without encryption. Without this I end up having to disable the add-in except when I need it.
- (2017-10-23) Lynn Deman: Works very well with little to no configuration. A very elegant one button solution to encrypting gmail messages.
- (2017-10-14) Andrew S Keenan: woks well
- (2017-08-16) Michael Sagaser: I think it's one of the better solutions out there. It isn't without issue, though. For instance, in testing, I've not been able to revoke access once the recipient opened the email. Also, the customized intros haven't worked, either. Customized intros are supposed to be the part of the body text that isn't encrypted. I've never been able to get it working. I've only really tested in Chrome, not Firefox.
- (2017-06-20) Douglas Turner: Horrible, I mean Horrible customer support... I am on email number 10 just trying to cancel. This was after their software crashed 4 of our clients computers, and they refused to give us a call back. Our emails are not getting read, if you customers or vendors are sophisticated at all, it will take 5 minutes for them to read your email. We are moving to Paubox it is seamless and background based only. Now this is something that works we tried it out for a week and could not believe how responsive they are and how well the system works no need to choose what to encrypt it all gets encrypted. WOW just wow, it makes me sick that we stuck it out so long with VIRTRU we made so many of our clients and vendors angry just because we were trying to be HIPAA compliant.
- (2017-04-06) chad tunis: works as advertised
- (2017-02-13) Wei Li: worst install experience. went to the website but could not find where to install it. eventually had to google to find a way for installation.
- (2017-02-10) Michael Johnson: It seemed to work. But it took 5 minutes to decrypt a draft of my email. Chrome kept saying it wasn't responding. But it eventually worked.
- (2016-11-09) Rasa Aleksic: best
- (2016-10-05) Prevents Gmail from printing messages
- (2016-08-30) Faisal Mahsud: The idea of not sending passwords is great! Easy to setup with great features such as time based expirations for sent mail ... Well Done!
- (2016-08-26) Frank LoCascio: Does so much more then just end-to-end encription
- (2016-06-16) Chris Richards: I'm not sure what the negative reviews were expecting. This gives you a very secure solution without having to send everyone passwords, or using a separate email for secure (like Proton). Ideal for exchange of private information, intellectual properties, and that grocery list you encrypted just cuz.
- (2016-05-04) Murdoch Macleod: Fast and simple, with nothing to configure.
- (2016-04-19) Aigars Ansbergs: very good tool for business