Social Fixer for Facebook lets you filter your news feed, hide things you don't want to see, and customize your FB experience.
Please visit http://SocialFixer.com for a full list of features and documentation. Social Fixer is filled with features to make your Facebook experience better. Filter posts in the news feed by content, author, link url, and more Built-in Filter Subscriptions let you just pick a filter and use it without knowing how it works. Pre-defined filters include hiding Sponsored Posts, Political posts, things your friends like, and much more. Hide posts you've read and are done with, so they don't appear in the news feed anymore. Select from a list of Display Tweaks to customize the interface, or write your own with CSS. Force FB to stay on the Most Recent feed Hide parts of the page you don't want to see, like panels in the left or right columns. Comment Navigator lets you expand all comments and replies to a post, and highlight comments that are older than an age you specify. Tips point you to built-in Facebook settings and options and suggest values to make your experience better. Stealth Mode hides Like buttons, Comment areas, etc so you can browse Facebook without accidentally interacting with posts you don't intend to. Show full timestamps on posts, rather than relative times like "1 hr ago". Anonymize for screenshots with one click - hide friend names, group names, profile pictures, etc. If you want to share a conversation or screenshot but not your privacy, anonymize first. Filters and Tweaks are updated regularly and automatically available to you to use without any additional work. Features will be added continuously to make your Facebook experience as great as possible!
- (2020-04-12) Claudiu Paraschiv: It stopped hiding sponsored ads posts. Now it only hides the first one.
- (2020-03-24) Monique V.B Verheije: Does not work anymore. The only thing that still works is ''forcing switch to recent stories '' Extension has certainly been 'broken' since February 2020 (before this it worked perfectly)
- (2020-03-15) ok
- (2020-03-14) Meghan Masura: This didn't work for me at all. I was looking to hide certain current events I'm being bombarded with, sponsored posts, etc. Note, it may be because I have some beta version of Facebook currently. I hope this is updated so I may try again in future. I also wish there was a mobile solution.
- (2020-02-27) Julie Gear: I have been having issues with Social Fixer not updating to show the actual most recent posts, and just showing the same posts when I refresh. Also it shows an exorbitant amount of posts from groups, instead of showing all the posts in my timeline in order. I do not have the problem on every device I use, so I attempted to contact support and the social fixer support group on facebook is not currently available. I attempted an uninstall and reinstall.
- (2020-02-22) Torku Patena: Just perfect. My feed looks clean, no sponsored ads, no clutter. The user interface takes a while to get adjusted to but considering the huge number of features the extension has a small learning curve at the beginning is tolerable.
- (2020-02-04) Carole Ann: Works good for me. Easy to install. Lots of options. No conflicts with other extensions.
- (2019-12-05) Chad Hamilton: LOVE this. I don't want to see politics in my social media. Besides keeping in touch with friends and family, social media is pretty much harmful to mental health and the #1 tool for the rampant spread of misinformation. You help make Facebook tolerable -- Thanks!!!
- (2019-11-01) A S.: support Marketplace please. too many options.
- (2019-10-27) Lewy B: Filtering doesn't seem to work in groups, which was the main reason I installed this. When I open the filter debugger I get the message "Not filtering post because this is a permalink"
- (2019-10-07) James Hutchison: Had it years ago and it was great. Removed it when it stopped working. Downloaded it today when I learned it was supposed to hide sponsored ad bs. Not only did it not work, but the number of ads increased throughout the day. Normally I see a few but today I've seen around five times what I normally see.
- (2019-09-05) Mark Barnett: It works great to block political garbage. BUT.. You need to turn on the filter. It blocks more and more as we approach the election year! THAT alone makes it worth having to me. It saves me lots of time scrolling through posts.
- (2019-08-12) John Lake: I have been using this extension since it was released. MATT does a Great Job and he needs OUR support to keep it going. Do an automatic payment monthly!!
- (2019-07-11) Jeremy Lynnes: This extension no longer blocks FB sponsored posts.
- (2019-06-11) Taras: Nice, Love it!
- (2019-06-09) makhlouf gharbi: the best extension ever to hide all noisy stuffs on social media
- (2019-06-08) Stephan Gruner: Fix Post Timestamps unfortunately it does not work anymore. Please fix this error by an update. Thank you in advance.
- (2019-05-11) Sergio Eures: Option "Change post and comment timestamps from relative times (1hr) to absolute date/time" doesn't work. Can you set the option "Show Most Recent posts" also in Groups?
- (2019-05-03) Vincent Vegas: Ältere Kommentare sollten entfernt werden, da sie keine Relevanz mehr haben. Bei mir läuft das Addon einwandfrei, jedenfalls habe ich noch keine Probleme bemerkt.
- (2019-03-23) A and J Drone Man: Total garbage and the developer is rude and there is no support all they do is bash you if you ask any questions on the group support page. does not block sponsored ads anymore blocks normal post as well several coders have gave suggestions on blocking the sponsored ads but they are very rude and won't listen stuck on there own ways guess another extension has come and gone well it was good for like six months not anymore
- (2019-02-25) Sea Bee: This worked great for a few weeks. It hasn't alerted me to any friend changes in two months now.
- (2019-02-22) Seems a bit laggy. I just got a new computer this past Sunday (Upgrading from freakin' Windows VISTA!). It does have some great selectable features such as keyword blocking, hiding sponsored posts, etc.
- (2019-02-21) Thanais Tessera: Fail
- (2019-02-07) Finkel - Funk: Currently there seems to be a bug or something because I am consistently starting to see Sponsored posts again.
- (2019-02-06) Nikos Trts: Doesn't work at all. Nothing. Maybe it worked in the past as others have said in here but i downloaded it today and almost nothing works, only the very basic things like recent stories.
- (2013-02-28, v:7.501) Stiofain Gael Mac Geough: Filters
How do I put in a filter to block advertisements and the thumbnail.
- (2013-02-26, v:7.501) Marina Gore: SF stopped working in Chrome
SF is no longer working in Chrome. I checked the extensions in settings, and the extension is there. There is no sign of SF on my Facebook page. Thanks!
- (2013-02-25, v:7.501) LaVonne Caudle: Social Fixer with Facebook
I have ALWAYS used Social Fixer, by letting the site add it to my Google Chrome. Suddenly, IT WILL NOT WORK. I HAVE TRIED ABOUT 15 TIMES TODAY TO ADD IT, AND IT SAYS IT'S ADDED; HOWEVER, WHEN I GO TO "Profile" the "Social Fixer" icon is not at top of my wall, and none of the features or ways in which I have set Social Worker up in the past to work are working--NONE! Again, the WRENCH icon isn't even there. I CANNOT TOLERATE FACEBOOK WITHOUT SOCIAL FIXER. I HAVE PEOPLE WAITING FOR ME AS I RUN TWO MUSIC GROUPS ON FB, AND I WILL NOT GO TO FACEBOOK UNTIL I CAN "SOMEHOW" GET SOCIAL FIXER TO WORK! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE SOCIAL FIXER APP, AND WHAT ON EARTH DO I DO TO GET IT TO "ACTUALLY" BE ADDED, AS IT "SAYS" IT HAS BEEN (BUT IT HAS NOT!)
- (2013-01-30, v:7.321) Sathyaseelan Kumaran: Not working with social graph search
I cannot click the settings icon since it is overlapped by the facebook graph search text box.
- (2013-01-14, v:7.321) Amanda Pogue: Won't install
Keeps telling me that the install file is not a .crx, which it clearly is.
- (2012-12-25, v:7.321) Sandy C: problem
saying i have 1 notification and when i click nothing so it wont go away.i disabled it and turned it on again and nothing.i am on google chrome
- (2012-12-11, v:7.321) Renee Tufts: Won't Update
I have been a user and financial supporter of Social Fixer for a few years. I love your program. Updating to the latest release used to involve a simple click. I am not totally computer illiterate but after attempting to install the new release it is not being installed. It still shows me as having version 7.301. I am very frustrated and at this point I have to disable Social Fixer due to the errors it keeps reporting.
- (2012-12-10, v:7.321) Marlys L: 12-10 update
how do I get todays update? It just takes me to Chrome Web Store
- (2012-12-10, v:7.321) Victor Montoya: Google Chrome
Google Chrome constantly freezing, plus the select all button missing from events. I appreciate your time and effort. Vic.
- (2012-12-08, v:7.301) Lysithea Su: Error: SECURITY_ERR : DOM Exception 18
Error occurs while I open facebook. it shows "Error: SECURITY_ERR : DOM Exception 18" as a pop-up alert. Seem the cause is from Friend Tracker part. Please fix, thanks.