Share web pages, images, links, or text selections by email or Gmail.
Use this extension to share a web page, an image, a link, or a text selection with other people using your email or Gmail account. You can use a button or Chrome's right-click context menu. The extension also works with external email programs (like Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird). Google Apps Gmail domains are supported. This extension has been optimized for lightweight, performance and privacy. In contrast to many similar extensions, it uses no background resources (you can verify this with Chrome's built-in task manager) and no tracking software (Google Analytics, etc.).
- (2020-03-07) Bruce Barron: Very smooth and easy to send web page URLs to friends. Pops up a Gmail outgoing message box (Gmail is my default email) for me to add the address and if I want a message as well. Works reliably for me.
- (2020-02-13) Bob Loucks: Acesses your Gmail contacts whether you use the button OR right-click to send links. Highly USEFUL. Good job Devs!
- (2020-01-27) Antony D: Does not work with MS Outlook
- (2020-01-22) Carlos José Rivera: I was looking for a way to share things easy, using the Mail app, just like the share button from the MS Edge. I had the Send to Gmail extension but I hated to wait Gmail to load. This one was the same, until I entered the options and change it to "Use an app like Outlook, Thunderbird". As long as I press it once, it asked me which app I want to use. Now I have the same button of MS Edge, without having to use it. Amazing. Good job. <3
- (2020-01-05) michael abdollahzadeh: All I can say it worked well for me without causing any problem.
- (2020-01-01) Eli Camhi: When used with MailButler the compose window chops off the the buttons below the green line. So to send I need to close and go to draft folder and reopen.
- (2019-11-29) David Benson: I'm a digital immigrant, 75 years old, and don't know enough to understand all the complaints listed here. I downloaded the email link and used it successfully on the first try, no problem.
- (2019-11-07) SSHQ Home: This app does what it says, and does it well! No complicated options: 1- use your system's default email client if you have one (such as Outlook, or the Windows 10 Mail app on a computer), or 2- use your currently logged GMail account, where it would pop-up a New Email window. Then, you just have to enter the recipients, and click on send... simple as that...
- (2019-08-21) Tamás Majoros: Helyi fájl megnyitása esetén a helyi elérési útvonalat másolja be, ahelyett, hogy csatolmányként adná a dokumentumot az emialhez.
- (2019-08-08) Ed Pier: Seems to work. Won't let me use Outlook even though I set it to.
- (2019-06-27) Ray Rudd: This app does open an email to send from my Gmail account, but the included link is not a link to the page that I am viewing. i uninstalled.
- (2019-06-08) Clifford Pelletier: I want to use the system default email program to send email. At first, when configured properly, this program did that. Then it started opening BOTH the default email program AND gmail. This was annoying, but I still could ignore the gmail tab. Now it just opens a gmail tab, ignoring the system default email program, and so has become useless to me. For a while, it was great. Now I have to figure out how to replace it with something that works.
- (2019-04-30) Roy Dar: Works like I expected it! I wounder why they have this feature build in on phones but not in the desktop app.
- (2019-04-14) rick07261: I am using this extension with Thunderbird and it mostly works great. But I have several email accounts in my copy of Thunderbird, and this extension loads up the wrong account. Does anyone know how to tell the extension which account in your client app you want it to send the email from?
- (2019-04-07) Glenn Eades: Another app that doesn't work as advertised. It does not use an existing email client but insists on only using gmail. There is no settings or configuration feature that allows it to be directed to use an existing email client. So it's fine if you want to use gmail as you email client, but if you desire to use any other email client, it is simply not capable of doing this, despite it's name indicating that it will.
- (2019-03-17) David Frisken: It and all email extensions were broken by chrome, but has been fixed for some time. A good extension.
- (2019-01-27) Politics Dog: simple and practical
- (2019-01-07) Alan Feldsott: Just installed it - very good so far. The only feature improvement I would find helpful is an on-the-fly option to choose between Gmail and External email. Sometimes I need to send the link via Gmail, and other times via Outlook. But to change the method, I have to go into the Options menu, change the setting and save it. A simple right-click option to "Send by Gmail" and another to "Send by External email" would do the trick! Thanks.
- (2018-12-26) Devin Rodriguez: My main use of this extension is to save links for myself to Gmail. It works quickly and well, but I would also love to be able to set a default To address. It would reduce the process to two clicks instead of clicking the icon, typing the first few letters to get the suggested contact, then clicking send.
- (2018-12-09) Or Schiro: Funktioniert nach wie vor wunderbar. Danke!
- (2018-10-12) Đạt Nguyễn: asdsad
- (2018-08-23) Wendy A.: Good app that works! -22 August, 2018
- (2018-08-19) Jaromír Šveřepa: Prima, dá se použít i s Outllookem.
- (2018-08-15) S SS: Using Chrome in Mac Sierra 10.12.6 When I click to email a link, a tab opens, BUT, the tab is NOT next to the tab I'm looking at and want to email its link, AND, the Chrome does not switch to the emailing tab. I have to find the tab that just opened, which is tedious and indicative of sloppy programming.
- (2018-07-29) does what i was looking for in a send link extension. right click, address.. and send thank you