Filter tweets in Twitter web site.
IMPORTANT: To report bugs, request features or make questions, please go to SUPPORT section instead of REVIEWS. I don't get notifications of reviews, so your feedback is better channeled through Support. _____ If you have a lot of tweets filling your timeline about certain topic or person you are not interested in, this extension is for you. Features: - You can filter out tweets by their contents or by their authors. - You can filter out tweets using regular expressions (for example, all words beginning in "auto" using: /\Wauto/) - You can save your filter settings as a bookmarklet. - The tweets are not deleted but just hidden, so you can get them back any time by disabling the filter or changing the criteria. - It supports both the "new" and the "new new" Twitter versions. Usage details and source code are available in https://github.com/rstuven/OpenTweetFilter/ NOTE: We respect your privacy, so no data is sent to any server. Your filters are stored in your browser local storage (or saved as a bookmarklet) and processed in your own computer. Open Twitter Filter has been granted with the "100% FREE" Softpedia award which means this software does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. More information about this certification: http://mac.softpedia.com/progClean/Open-Tweet-Filter-Clean-112403.html ____ Graphic design by @StoicYoic.
- (2020-09-20) Dave G: Garbage, doesn't work with Edge. No way to filter.
- (2020-08-27) Not A Pickle Porbably: Doesn't work, as other reviewers are saying.
- (2018-05-27) Slavko Pekaric: Not working anymore...
- (2018-04-09) Kevin Sturdevant: Does not seem to filter tweets.
- (2018-03-13) Enio Pereira: not working
- (2017-09-24) Stuart Martin: It used to be fantastic, but since Twitter updates, it no longer works at all. A real shame, I hope it can get back to being what it once was.
- (2017-08-20) Luiz Hewson: it was a super useful tool, when it worked.
- (2017-08-13) Richard Gailey: The filter now no longer works at all on Twitter since the update to Twitter. Shame as it was really good. Hoping that the dev will fix this.
- (2017-08-13) Makoto Kino: It doesn't work anymore. It won't filter any tweets like it used to due to the update being bugged.
- (2017-08-01) おちゃ.kawaiina: TLで機能しない。論外。
- (2017-07-18) Hermes M. Crespo: muito bom!
- (2017-03-16) Mr. Locks: This is a godsend sometimes...
- (2017-02-26) Helland Keller: This extension is fully broken. Options is grayed out. It no longer serves any purpose.
- (2017-02-24) Michael Richter: As is typical in this day and age of software, it failed out of the box. Installed it. Refreshed Twitter page as per instructions. Options for the tool are greyed out. Uninstallation happened fairly soon thereafter.
- (2017-02-02) Onur Arpapay: It doesn't work at all for quoted tweets. This means that it doesn't do what it promises.
- (2017-01-05) Ethan Zhong: Very useful, wish there is an option to filter only the tweets on homepage, and no filter for every other pages.
- (2016-12-18) ᄅᄆ: 자동으로 프로그렘 업뎃되더니 단어뮤트 하나도 안되네요
- (2016-11-07) ᄋᄋ: 로그아웃하고나면 필터리스트가 리셋되는게 아쉽지만, 그건 뮤트단어 리스트를 다른곳에 저장했다가 옮기면되고... 기능은 다른 뮤트앱과 비교도 안되게 최고입니다
- (2016-09-27) Jesse Warden: Instantly politics are out of my feed. Thank you so much!
- (2016-09-21) 実況者TEXTER: 少し重いが、及第点。重いのは他の拡張機能と併用しているからかもしれない。 非常に便利で、ミュートしたツイートのユーザーを表示する機能も今や必要不可欠。 会話を見ているときにタイムラグがあるのが少し残念だろうか。
- (2016-07-25) Shu-Wei Tsai: Works perfectly but I wish it has function like hiding the tweet but you can choose to open it or not (kinda like Tumblr savior)
- (2016-07-21) javiera nilo: nooooo es malo
- (2016-07-20) Mr. McSpocky: If it didn't keep losing my list of filtered names it would be great. just lost my list of filtered names again. ARGH!
- (2016-07-12) Dominique Teagle: It works, but I strongly suggest saving your list of filters externally in case it resets itself and loses your entire filter list, because it will.
- (2016-07-07) Exodus D: Excellent. Need this on Firefox :)
- (2016-06-25) claudia kapranos: Muchas gracias, es perfecta.
- (2016-05-02) David Heroshi: It would be perfect if only it didn't keep resetting itself. But now it's not even working at all even when I set the filters. This add on doesn't work for crap, I definitely do not recommend.
- (2021-02-15, v:2.5.0) Лестер Массена: Financial Tweeter
Hello. There is a need in one unique chrome extension, for financial tweets. 1. To hide posts with multiple stocks tags like that $XXX $YYY $ZZZ $AAA $BBB $CCC (we should be able to choose like maximum 3 tags ar OK to see) 2. To highlight posts from users with super high rank in financial world (need the username database with ranking category (according to followers amount/plus other magic) - i guess?) 3. To make your own filters based on logic: AND,OR,NOT() support for complex filters. Thank you!
- (2019-01-09, v:2.5.0) Jessica Pereira: Not working
Just tested and it doesn't work, can you please fix it?
- (2017-11-20, v:2.5.0) Jack Healy: Fix?
Lots of reports here that it no longer works. The extension has not been updated since June. Is there a plan to fix this?
- (2017-08-16, v:2.5.0) Not working
No longer working. Details: Chromium Version 59.0.3071.109 (Developer Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 18.1 (64-bit)
- (2017-08-04, v:2.5.0) Stopped working on Chrome
This no longer works when I toggle the Enable/Disable button. It's the only extension running, no ad blockers on, etc. Hoping for an update soon!
- (2017-08-02, v:2.5.0) ChazzDex: Filter still not working
The extension stopped working properly. It doesn't filter anymore and after waiting a couple of days there is still not fix or update regarding to that problem. I would recommend to take action soon or people will have to look for a different filter.
- (2017-08-01, v:2.5.0) Joe BucsFan: Filter not working
Open Tweet Filter not working at all. All filtered words getting through.
- (2017-07-31, v:2.5.0) おちゃ.kawaiina: alive?
why it is not working at timeline?
- (2017-07-29, v:2.5.0) 그런짓은하지말아야했는데: NOT WORKING
filter is not working. Is this program now stopped?
- (2017-07-29, v:2.5.0) Phillip Gradian: not filtering
I noticed it's not filtering blocked words recently. Was there a new twitter update that screwed everything? Please fix it, I cannot go through my twitter with peace of mind without it.
- (2017-07-28, v:2.5.0) Rachel Kosminsky: No Longer Working
Past few days I've noticed that it's stopped filtering. Please get it up and running again.