On your Twitter home page, collapse irrelevant tweets (that match your chosen keywords) into a single line of text.
Do people that you follow occasionally tweet and retweet concerning a subject you find tedious? This extension may help to solve the problem. I wrote this extension because I wanted to filter out retweets regarding Rob Ford minutia and also some duplicate-tweets from one online magazine I follow. This extension adds a small control panel into your Twitter home page from whence you may add any number of keywords. If one of your keywords is found in the content of a tweet, that tweet will be "collapsed" into a single line of text i.e. 'filtered "Ford" from @ddale8' (see screenshots). You may also filter a twitter username, which is useful if you wish to collapse all the tweets or retweets of a given user. Note: TweetFilter only performs case-insensitive matching of whole words: i.e. if you add 'Ford' it will match the word 'ford', but not 'Oxford'. TweetFilter will access your Twitter home page when you load it in order to provide its filtering functionality. The extension runs purely within your browser; it does not inject ads and it does not communicate with any external site. This extension utilizes Chrome's storage api to store your keywords within your browser. If you login to your Chrome browser, your keywords can be stored in Google's cloud and will be accessible from Chrome browsers on other machines when you login. New! TweetFilter now repairs links in those annoying Quote Tweets (i.e. so that you can right click and "Open Link in New Tab")
- (2019-08-01) S R: Unfortunately doesn't seem to work with the new Twitter layout. Understandable but disappointing.
- (2018-06-12) Elisa: Ne marche pas.
- (2017-02-24) Michael Richter: Passable, but doesn't work on hashtags for some reason. This means I can't filter out the slacktivism that ticks me off in particular. I'll try another plug-in.
- (2016-10-23) Was fantastic until it stopped working on hashtags. Seems like Twitter updated something that this plugin now can't deal with
- (2016-03-30) OF P: This is the only twitter filter I could find that filters quoted tweets, and it works really well! My only wish is that it had an option to turn off the notification that something has been filtered--I'd rather not hear about my blocked keywords at all.
- (2016-05-04, v:1.0) Collapsed tweets overlapping other
Hi, I have just added Tweet Filter and while it works well to collapse tweets I'm not interested, the greyed out line in place of it is overlapping remaining tweets. I'd send a screenshot but I can't see how to attach it here. Thanks.