Shows the content of a reddit text post when you hover on it's link.
Displays the contents of text submissions in a box under the link when you hover on the link. Does the same thing Hover Zoom does for images but for text submissions. Very convenient if you read a lot of self subreddits. Version 0.9.1 Fixes an issue with future versions of Chrome that introduce stricter security related to fetching data from websites. Version 0.9 Adds support for Chrome version 73 and up. Fixes an issue where links wouldn't get marked as visited when not using www.reddit.com. Version 0.8 Add support for the old.reddit.com domain. Version 0.7 Fixes a bug which broke all links starting with the letter g (https://gyfcat.com/... for example). Version 0.6 Support for RES night mode. Version 0.5 Fixes a silly mistake made in 0.4. Version 0.4 Fixes issues related to changes in the Reddit page structure and https forcing. Version 0.3 Fixes RES never-ending scroll and significantly improved performance.
- (2020-07-30) Kaung Khant Phyo Thant: Hover Zoom+ and this one hover text and RES are the absolute necessities to have the best experience browsing Reddit. Love it. Only wish that there be an add-on for Firefox too.
- (2019-10-04) aditya aggarwal: super useful
- (2019-05-14) Paul B.: Update: Doesn't work on new reddit, 2019. I hope this can be updated. Was working great. Very nice. Working with RES night mode here. It would be nice if the delay were a little longer. I'm getting a lot of unwanted popups as I move the mouse around. Thanks again.
- (2018-07-31) UnknownSoldier9865: With Reddit's new update, post aren't being marked as visited in old.reddit.com.
- (2018-04-25) John Hardy: Now that reddit has created old.reddit.com domain for their old page layout, this Extension needs to be updated to work on both www.reddit.com and this new "old" domain. Thanks!
- (2018-04-03) Stefano Paolillo: Doesn't work.
- (2016-02-08) Elie Dib: great idea. hasn't worked for me yet....
- (2015-11-04) Ignacio Torras: Doesn't Work
- (2015-09-09) Doesn't work at all. Don't waste your time.
- (2015-09-04) Ally Samaniego: It was great when it worked, and I really miss it. :( Please make this work again!
- (2015-08-19) No longer works.
- (2015-07-29) João Martins: Doesn't work at the moment. Worked great before
- (2015-07-19) JP Timothy: No longer seems to work.
- (2015-07-02) Newdle Sewp: It was good, now it no longer works on chrome, no idea why. Tried reinstalling and all that, just ceased to work completely.
- (2015-06-30) Sarah Willey: Was great til it stopped working a few days ago.
- (2015-06-30) Ben Batey: Worked excellent the past year or so but has stopped working within the past few days.
- (2015-06-28) John K: It was very convenient to use and worked great. However, it stopped working a couple days ago...hopefully it gets fixed.
- (2015-05-22) r w: it used to work and it was great, but suddenly it stopped.Someone help?
- (2015-02-25) Maverick van der pol: malware.
- (2014-11-08) three sevens: Great when it works. Does not work now.
- (2014-10-31) Bionic Sloth: It was great when it worked. Last updated a year ago; safe to say the dev has abandoned it. Wish I could find an alternative :(
- (2014-09-14) Noah Furman: It used to work, but it isn't anymore. :(
- (2014-07-24) Adrian Nakić: I'm an avid redditor and this extension is as useful as res to me
- (2014-01-06) Ho-Jun Kwon: The window should disappear as soon as the cursor leaves the link.
- (2014-01-04) B: It works good.