Simplifies the Twitter interface and adds useful features
See the website for more info. You must be logged into Twitter for this extension to work.
- (2019-10-15) Heng Xu: do not work
- (2019-09-30) Diogo Frazão: The new Twitter UI has broken the extension unfortunately
- (2019-08-15) Candy Zhou: It's alright, but it would be nice if there was an option to keep the "Who to Follow" tab while blocking the "Trends for You" tab
- (2019-07-25) Anve: doesnt work with new twitter
- (2019-07-21) Justin Fines: New Twitter UI update has completely broken this extension
- (2019-07-19) Edward K: Autoload feature doesn't work on new Twitter
- (2019-07-17) Sarah Lawrence: Really really love this but I think it stopped working again :[
- (2019-05-21) Vadim Karatayev: Now that it's less of a firehose, I can use Twitter again!!
- (2019-05-06) Zaëkof: Bon taff!
- (2019-04-24) Elie Khairallah: The only features I came for, which are the "remove Who To Follow" card and remove the "Trends" card from the home page, don't work
- (2019-03-07) Excellent plug-in. I found one issue so far. Even if I uncheck all the options, when I click the dropdown on one of my tweets, part of the context menu is hidden behind the tweet.
- (2019-03-01) Doesn't work with the new twitter design,
- (2019-01-31) Eddy Breton: Incredibly solid. Great work,, thank you so much!!
- (2018-11-26) Scott King: Pretty perfect.
- (2018-10-17) Gabriel: Just started using it today and yes, it works! I also like that you can enable/disable certain features. Thanks for making this !
- (2018-08-08) Konstantin Pavlovsky: awesome
- (2018-05-09) Michael Iantorno: I've been waiting for an extension like this for a while. Works great!
- (2018-04-10) Chrono Meridian: Superb!
- (2018-03-30) tina ღ: Wonderful! My feed's finally in chronological order again. Thank you so much for this extension.
- (2018-03-27) Frank Jheng: Incredible!
- (2018-03-09) Lorenzo Dal'Aqua: Can't imagine not using it anymore.
- (2018-02-26) Andres Vargas - zodman: Simple focus! and excelent!
- (2018-02-19) Christiam Mendoza: It does improve the experience, but I would like to be able to change some settings (i.e. showing the trending topics).
- (2018-02-19) J. Ramón López: good extension. Simple twitter
- (2018-01-14) Justin Bolz: Massive improvement.
- (2019-07-19, v:22.214.171.1243) Paul Wiley: Fix for new Twitter desktop UI?
I've absolutely LOVED using Refined Twitter to make it usable when I'm at work and have to use Twitter in Chrome. I'm sure you've heard from others that the Refined Twitter we know and love isn't working with the new UI rollout. Question if there's an ETA for an update that will work like before? I wish I could offer some help getting it there but have no coding background/ability. Thanks!
- (2019-03-05, v:126.96.36.1992) Does your Notifications section work? Trying to mute people following or "liking" my replies.
NOTIFICATIONS Hide "Added you to a list" activity Hide "Followed you" activity Hide "In case you missed" activity Hide "Liked a reply to you" activity These aren't removing notification alerts on my chrome browser. I want to mute my notifications on follows & liked replies. Get back to me, thank you!
- (2019-01-16, v:188.8.131.528) ZaCloud StriFair: Preferences for Download location altered/ignored
I brought up this issue months ago on github but it still hasn't been addressed. Even if I have my Chrome setting to automatically select my last-saved-to folder for a filetype, when I have this extension activated, it always goes to my default Downloads folder instead. Even for sites outside of twitter/tweetdeck. I was only told with basically a text-shrug that it's due to changes on Chrome's part. But functional extensions need to adapt to Chrome's quirky behavior, or else they're not truly compatible with the browser. Someone in the github thread already posted a potential lead on how to accomplish this. You can also study the code used in Twitter View Original Images extension, which manages to remember my download locations perfectly, but only fails in that it changes the file extensions to .jpg-orig. Hopefully somehow this problem can be resolved so I can finally just save images as intended. Thank you.
- (2018-10-29, v:184.108.40.2062) songz meng: does this extension support mobile.twitter.com ?
does this extension support mobile.twitter.com ?
- (2018-01-22, v:220.127.116.113) Greg Hooper: Kb Shortcuts to mute words
I'm looking for an extension that would allow "Shift+M+number" to mute selected words for [number of days]. (Also block/unblock, mute/unmute? Don't care much about those, but others might.) Might be a good addition here. Thanks, Greg
- (2017-01-15, v:1.0.0) Alex Niichan: Can't use keyboard shortcuts
Hi, Is there so prerequisite or a peculiar procedure to make keyboard shortcuts work? Just hitting the key while the focus is on Twitter tab, but nothing happens. Thanks~
- (2016-08-21, v:0.5.2) Steven Mancera: Some suggestions about Refining Twitter (being true to the brand) more than forcing the mobile site...
I like your extension atually, it gives ability to run the Twitter in mobile mode, restore down the tab window and snap in on the side while working. Before it wasn't entirely possible (desktop Twitter is horrible in responsive design) but now it is now because of this extension. However, forcing you to run Twitter always in mobile site removes, few things I always loved about Twitter desktop webiste, the auto tweet refresh, video, Vines and GIFs autoplay, ability to see Trends at the side, who to follow at the side, my profile overview, tweet expanding in a window instead of a new link, new tweet in a window and others because Twitter mobile is an entirely different website and stylesheet I don't know if you just made this simple extension to always ridirect you to mobile site because Twitter desktop website lags on your device or if you can do more about this but what if you stay true about your extension brand "Refined Twitter" What if you update this extension, to merge the stylesheet of mobile site to the desktop site, that it will switch to mobile UI when scaled down in a very least, but please always keep the splash screen at the beginning even on desktop website (just when going in the everytime in the Home) or going in for the first time on Twitter website on the tab, or another option to just completely run always the mobile UI or redirect. Beyond that first inital suggested update, there is so much more improvements you can make to really expand the capabilities of this extension like always load Instagram photos, trend ordered in numbers, always show number of tweets in trends, always show tick numbers of replies, arrows to switch recent trend locations, disable things and other more improvement only you can fathom Please continue to work on this great extension, Thank you and keep innovating