Shows DNSSEC status
DNSSEC Validator is an add-on for the web browser, which allows you to check the existence and validity of DNSSEC DNS records for domain names in the address of the page currently displayed in your browser window. The result of this check is displayed using colour keys and information texts in the page’s address bar. IMPORTANT! This add-on communicates with an external binary application through the native messaging interface. The binary application is required for correct working of the add-on. The binary can be downloaded from www.dnssec-validator.cz/pages/download.html#package. Keep in mind that the version of the binary and of the extension must match.
- (2019-03-11) Miloš Havlíček: Nefunguje.
- (2019-01-16) Doc Flay: Since October 2018 development has ended https://www.dnssec-validator.cz/2018-10-16-end-of-support.html An experimental build is available that should work again.
- (2018-04-19) Arnout Ruigrok: Worked like a charm after installing validator package in the background: https://www.dnssec-validator.cz/pages/download.html#package
- (2017-12-05) Thomas Bennek: One of the best security tools! Please keep the support up!
- (2017-09-03) Kyle C: Finally got the plugin to work after installing the DNSSEC core application. However, even after installing both the DNSSEC and TLS companion applications I am only getting DNSSEC validation. My own website is secured by both DNSSEC and DANE-TLS. The Firefox plugin displays both the DNSSEC and DANE-TLS validation results while this chrome plugin only shows the DNSSEC results. Rather a shame that DANE-TLS has been seemingly rejected by the internet at large, it had the potential to revolutionize the way PKI is currently handled by large CAs and individuals such as myself. edit: Ok I just found that they have split the plugin into two parts for chrome (I don't know why). There is indeed DANE-TLS validation after installing the other plugin.
- (2017-06-25) Doesn't work
- (2017-04-11) Clint Miller: Couldn't get it to work. Installed core and was able to test to 126.96.36.199 fine but, it never worked on any page.
- (2016-03-22) Andrew Owenson: To get this working on OSX Chromium, execute this: cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/ cp -r Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts Chromium/
- (2015-08-29) Tntdruid: Virker ikke
- (2015-03-26) Dave Dugal: Works well after installing the requisite host program. This extension highlights just how many important sites still don't implement DNSSEC (e.g. whitehouse.gov).
- (2015-01-01) Karel Dušek: Otřesné, že vyžaduje binarní plugin. Svododa, lidi, svoboda a transparentnost.
- (2014-09-05) Ondřej Caletka: Works perfectly with the latest Chrome or Chromium. Installation of the supporting binary is very simple.
- (2018-10-16, v:188.8.131.52) redredredred _mic: New Root Keys are needed
Because the root keys were rolled over recently, every web site I visit shows "Bogus DNSSEC signature"
- (2016-03-22, v:184.108.40.206) Andrew Owenson: Plugin cannot find validating core, but it is installed.
I have followed your instructions for installing DNSSEC in Chromium on OSX. I have downloaded and run the two OSX scripts from here: https://www.dnssec-validator.cz/pages/download.html#package. I then drag the output .crx files into the extensions page to install them. Then when I enter the options page of DNSSEC I get an error message: The DNSSEC validating core could not be initialised. Please install the DNSSEC validating core in the version matching this extension and then restart your browser. I have copied the folder NativeMessagingHosts into ~/Library/Application\ Support/Chromium but this does not fix problem. Should it be somewhere else?
- (2015-08-26, v:220.127.116.11) Gert Jan Zeilstra: DNSSEC not working in Chrome
We tested DNSSEC in Chrome gives the following error messages: DNSSEC: Helper host disconnected. options.js:497 DNSSEC: Cannot load DNSSEC native messaging core!
- (2014-10-24, v:18.104.22.168) Anders Jackson: Installation
Pitty that the application can't run without a binary installation. By the way, in Chrome Web Store the support web page address doesn't work.
- (2014-09-18, v:22.214.171.124) nepracuje
Na všechny (i obvyklé stránky) píše: Doménové jméno ... nelze ověřit pomocí DNSSEC technologie. - místo 3 teček dosaď doménu.