Add HTML Validator in Developer Tools
This is the first version of HTML Validator extension for Chrome. It checks the code, syntax, of your HTML 5 pages. HTML Validator for Chrome is a browser extension that adds HTML validation inside Developer Tools of Chrome. The number of errors of a HTML page is seen with an icon in the browser status bar. The details is seen in the developer tools. The extension is based on HTML Tidy. The algorithm was originally developed by the Web Consortium W3C. The algorithm is embedded inside your browser and makes the validation locally on your machine, without sending HTML to a third party server. HTML Tidy is a helpful program that tries to help people to correct their HTML errors. It finds HTML errors and classifies them in 3 categories: * errors: HTML errors that Tidy cannot fix or understand. * warnings: HTML errors that Tidy can fix automatically * (optional) accessibility warnings: HTML warnings for the 3 priority levels defined in W3c WAI There is also an automatic "Clean up" button that will do his best to propose you a cleaned version of your page, without errors. For any question, mail me at [email protected] or log a bug in: > https://gitlab.com/mgueury/html_validator/issues
- (2021-09-16) John Barounis: Good, it is very nice that can see the source directly from the HTML validator tab in dev tools so to inspect the errors... Thanks.
- (2020-10-05) Scott Keller: Upon initial load different errors are display then when page is reloaded.
- (2019-12-19) Leonid Beilis: the plugin crush alot and barely useable, deleted after few minutes of trying it out
- (2019-07-25) Sami DOUBLIER: Provide false errors / warning ... e.g. : <div id="xyz"> <p>sdqjdlqjdsq</p> </div> -> Please close the <div> before <p> ????
- (2019-04-02) Мені сподобалося це розширення! На прикладі свого блогу на blogspot.com я побачив всі неточності та помилки шаблону свого сайту.
- (2019-02-19) hakkı maraş: BENİM PC DÜZELTTİ
- (2019-01-04) R G: Works well aside from one major QoL issue. Chromium requires that I access the validator through the Developer Tools instead of always displaying for me the validation of the page I am currently on. Very annoying.
- (2018-11-13) Cisco Zweihundertelf: I absolutely like how it integrates into the developer window, but it seems to be a bit outdated, f.e. it shows warnings about a propitary attribute called "nonce". For CSP i need that attribute. The online validation button is not showing that warning for some elements.
- (2018-11-12) Денис Бушаев_04.04: Работает в 1/10 разов его запуска. Приходится открывать кучу вкладок одной страницы, ибо с первого раза плагин не прогружает страницу.
- (2018-08-13) Jadiel Silva: exelente
- (2018-01-19) Evisions Technical Publications: Does what it says. I'm using this alongside aXe to test parsing as it relates to accessibility requirements. Both aXe and the HTML Validator are telling me about the same issues. HTML Validator additionally shows warnings for things that may or may not be a problem. I like that it provides a way to filter out certain warnings (like empty <i> tags used for icon fonts). Make sure you open the dev tools and go to the HTML Validator tab, otherwise it won't do anything. I need to test this out on some pages that are more broken, but so far it looks good.
- (2017-11-20) Manuel de Vries: Super, it works in the chrome browser :)
- (2017-10-28) Sancar Saran: How many years ? I can't remember. Now I found on Chrome. Look no more this HTML validator was what you looking for.