Gets the large versions of images posted on Twitter.
** Twitter Timeline Images ** Twitter stores images at different sizes. The "normal" size is up to 600x1200 pixels and when you save an image from Twitter, you will often get this normal size even if Twitter has a larger version. This can happen on your home timeline, on lists and on tweets with multiple images. This extension makes sure you always get the largest available version. Note: this extension does not scale the images, but gets larger originals if they exist. It does nothing if Twitter is already giving you the largest available size (usually when you read someone else's account). Remember to zoom in on large images to see the full size. ** Usage ** The extension runs automatically. You can toggle it on and off by clicking its icon at the right of the address bar. There are two ways to see the larger images: - Drag and drop an image directly from timeline to a folder or the desktop (recommended) - Right-click the image and select one of the "image" options, such as "Save image as..." The problem with the second option is that Twitter changes the file names of large images to something like "Image.jpg:large". This means that files are often saved with a ".jpg-large" extension and you must rename to ".jpg". Unfortunately this is difficult to fix in an extension. However, this problem does not affect drag-and-drop, nor the "Copy image" right-click menu option, so use those methods.. ** Performance ** When the extension is first run, or when you toggle it, any open Twitter pages will be refreshed when you next view them. These refreshes are a bit slower than normal because it must clear the cache. However, after that Twitter will run normally. Of course you will be looking at larger images, so more data will be downloaded. ** Notes ** Links to twitter images from outside of twitter are also redirected but in rare cases you may need to refresh manually. The extension needs to "Read your browsing history" because it needs to find which Twitter tabs you already have open. Source code is here: https://github.com/mike-modoru/twitter-large-images (This was done as a personal project, so there may be other issues, please report them.)
- (2020-01-12) Kate G: Worked before the twitter update, but now no longer works. Please update to add support for current twitter.
- (2019-08-02) josh mcgee: worked perfectly before the twitter update
- (2019-07-24) GÑpfrslo Ejioup: Needs update, now you have a name=small or name=360x240 (e.g.) after the file url, it has to be changed to name=large to see the full size image.
- (2019-07-18) Ryan Phạm: Awesome but it needs updating for the new twitter.
- (2019-02-02) Buteman 7: Does exactly what it says on the current twitter as of speaking- but! Needs to be updated for the new Twitter beta, doesn't display any images in the beta currently.
- (2019-01-21) MAX KING: no use mobile.twitter
- (2019-01-18) Robbie Smith: Best image downloader for Twitter I've ever used.
- (2019-01-05) Rocco Casadei: Used to be amazing, stopped working recently :(
- (2018-10-27) C:\Users\PAii\Downloads
- (2018-09-24) NOOR Faryad (Iranianfreedome): بهترین افزایه ها رادرگوگل کروم جستجوکنید
- (2018-09-23) kevin chang: Lets me save images as original easier
- (2018-09-02) พงศกร คิด: Great I was surprised
- (2018-07-06) Boy & King: Crazy good extension, it does work. I've never had a problem with it, maybe this previous reviewer just doesn't understand what twitter large images even are. This is an app that work perfectly alongside something like hoverzoom.
- (2018-03-04) Yureru Undulum: Doesn't do anything. Open a multi-image tweet and there is no affordance whatsoever to view or save any image. Clicking the extension icon only turns the extension on and off, in some weird nonstandard way.
- (2017-05-29) hiratech: 拡張子を.jpg-origから.jpgに直してくれればもっと良い。
- (2016-12-31) Wrecked both my Twitter and Tweet Deck in Chrome, now can't use either as just shows long list of text. Cleared cache, cleared Twitter cache, deleted and reloaded Chrome but no change. Utter rubbish.
- (2016-02-02) Mr. Santiago: good！it works
- (2020-06-14, v:1.0.2) Homebro McHambone: redesign for new twitter
If you're still willing to update this app, all you would need to do is to remove the portion after the &name= part and replace it with orig. IDK how complicated that is, but your app has made my life a million times easier and I hope you can update it to deal with new twitter's BS.
- (2020-03-06, v:1.0.2) James Hole: stop working
it stop working It seems it doesn't work anymore with the new design of twitter :S
- (2019-01-30, v:1.0.2) Pretinaverse: It stop working
It seems it doesn't work anymore with the new design of twitter :S
- (2017-10-24, v:1.0.2) Sergey Rozhenko: Orig should be better
Instead of :large try :orig at the end, it should be better.
- (2017-08-19, v:1.0.2) Andrew K: Breaks embedded tweets
Please fix... looks like embeds end with :small but this extension doesn't handle them. It just adds orig to the end so it says :small:orig and then gets a 404. It should be really simple to fix.
- (2016-09-14, v:1.0.2) Devin Wilson: Breaks images on embedded tweets
Howdy. When this extension is activated, it prevents tweets embedded in non-Twitter web pages from showing images; instead it's just a broken image icon.
- (2015-12-30, v:1.0.2) modula t: Prevents TweetDeck thumbnails from being shown
This extension stops image thumbnails from showing up in TweetDeck. Tested with all my other extensions turned off.