Easily capture beautiful, high-resolution screenshot images of Tweets right inside the Twitter website
Capture high-resolution and beautiful screenshots of tweets with one click. Screenshots Guru adds a little camera icon to every tweet on the Twitter website for you to instantly screen capture the tweet and download as a retina PNG image. Unlike most other screen capture tools, Screenshot Guru cleans the tweet of any distracting elements and what you get is a beautiful frame-worthy screenshot of the tweet. Internally, it fetches the Tweet HTML using the oEmbed protocol, renders the tweet inside Headless Chrome, coverts the web page into a PNG Screenshot with Puppeteer running on the Google Cloud platform. Everything is automated and none of your data ever gets recorded or saved anywhere. The APA Style recommends including the Tweet URL (or permalink) and only the date (and not the time) of the tweet in the citation.
- (2022-12-25) Tomas Berezovskiy: Very good! Here is another suggestion to activate the screenshot and take the screenshot itself with a keyboard combination. Thank you, in our time it is worth saving and not making unnecessary movements. Thanks again, good luck! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
- (2022-11-16) Carabez: El único inconveniente es que la FECHA de captura NO coincide con la hora local del dispositivo que hace la captura.
- (2022-11-13) David W.: Totally unecessary video intro in chrome webstore. Just use screenshots. Videos as last slide. Nice app.
- (2022-03-04) X W: Good but room for improvement. As other users have mentioned, showing the RT numbers would be good. If I am on someone's profile that RT'd something, I would like it to show "Soandso retweeted...." to include them. If I wanted it without that, I could go directly to the tweet.
- (2021-12-31) Marc Rumilly: Would give 5 stars, except it cuts off the bottom half of tweets I've tried that have images
- (2021-02-05) Iñaki Jiménez Miranda: No la uso mucho pero cuando necesito un pantallazo de algún tuit viene bien.
- (2021-01-30) Nelson Suniaga: Simple, fast, and efficient. It would be nice if it could capture a whole tweet thread instead of just one tweet, and the tweets had the chosen color of the web page.
- (2020-10-24) Margareth S.: It's working, but I want it to screenshot just the tweet, not with its parent tweet. I can't configure that. Too bad.
- (2020-08-22) Soheil Rashidi: This extension doesn't work anymore. Use the "Pikaso" extension instead.
- (2020-08-06) H H: This only captures the top two sentences of a tweet, cropping the rest. Too bad.
- (2020-07-21) José María García García: It's not working at the moment, all the screenshots are cutted.
- (2020-07-07) machine of the century: at the beginning it was perfect then after time it didin't capture the TL that I clicked only a half or even only a little bit of it....it's a bust app...just get rid of it
- (2020-03-15) Jeffrey Kaplan: Slick, and very nice. Solves a new-to-me problem of capturing a screen shot of a tweet, usually containing a quoted or threaded tweet. Just wish it showed the local timezone instead of (I assume) GMT for the tweet's timestamp. 3/15/2020: Now using Chromium based Edge, and this extension does not work. Not showing the camera icon on the Twitter tweets.
- (2020-03-15) jacksan1: Sorry, it is not working with the current version of Chrome.
- (2020-01-19) doesn't work. waste of time.
- (2019-12-16) User: extension doesnt work
- (2019-11-05) Randy Bowling: Doesn't work after update
- (2019-10-18) Edwin Teulon: Chrome extension not working
- (2019-10-02) Scott Wallace: Website is wonderful for screenshots, but the Chrome extension is broken with the updated Twitter interface. Too bad, this was a great product, now useless.
- (2019-08-26) Vivek K. Singh: I love the extension but now extension doesn't work on new twitter interface. Please update the extension to start working on new twitter interface. Thanks!
- (2019-04-09) Nenad Vasić: Photo icon below the tweet is not visible. App doesn't work.
- (2018-12-27) Raed AlSaeed: Great tool, I wish it could show the number of retweets in the tweet capture.
- (2018-06-27) André Moura Santos: O design das capturas de tela é simplesmente lindo. Muito funcional e não deixa na mão, na verdade ele É uma mão na roda!
- (2018-06-06) Yashodhan Walimbe: Even if I can take screenshot with just print screen button, I would use this extension every time as the design and slickness of the screenshot is awesome. Absolutely beautiful design.
- (2018-06-01) Kulvir Singh: I just Installed and checked the plugin. No doubt, it is very useful for taking instant screenshots for tweets. Only one thing, after clicking on Camera icon, it should show screenshot in Popup (in same tab) instead of opening new tab. Just my thought. Overall, plugin is very good. Thanks
- (2021-07-05, v:6.0) Wayne Holly: Icon disappers from Twitter
After I installed the extension, it worked very well. The next time I opened Twitter, the icon in each Tweet was gone. I tried restarting the app and refreshing Twitter. It still does not appear in the Tweets.
- (2020-07-01, v:6.0) brandon vorkapich: Screenshots dont work
Every screenshot I take for over a week now only shows half or less than half the image........
- (2020-06-30, v:6.0) brandon vorkapich: Screenshot cut in half picture
Screenshots been cut in half for days... it won't work no matter what I do...
- (2020-06-28, v:6.0) brandon vorkapich: Screenshots not working
Screenshots only showing half the image.... Every other day it messes up. Seems its fixed then next day back to half image screenshots
- (2020-06-27, v:6.0) brandon vorkapich: Screenshots getting cut off half way again....
Screenshots are getting only half the image again. This happened a day ago was fixed an now I try to use it again an it's doing the same thing. Screenshot is cut in half wont show full image
- (2020-06-25, v:6.0) brandon vorkapich: partial screen shots
Only getting the top of or half screen shots any way to fix this? Just started happening today
- (2020-06-25, v:6.0) Pamela David: partial screen shot
I am only getting a partial screen shot. Is there a fix?
- (2019-08-23, v:2.0) Michael Wosnick: Not working?
Since Twitter changed its format a few weeks ago, the extension for chrome has stopped working. Is there going to be a fix any time? This was one of my favorite extensions! Many thanks either way for your efforts!
- (2019-08-01, v:2.0) Unnikrishnan S: not working
Not working anymore. Please update the extension.
- (2019-05-16, v:2.0) taemin: not displaying emojis
I would like a fix, also I want it to take screenshots directly and quick, and don't take me to your website.
- (2018-12-18, v:2.0) Robert Slagle: Copying a screenshot to other social media platforms
After capturing a Twitter screenshot how do I go about transferring it, to say, Tumblr, Facebook, Google Plus, or LinkedIn?
- (2018-10-07, v:2.0) Rossana Iannotta: Not working anymore
It's been down for more than ten days now, server error. Too bad, it was the best extension.
- (2018-09-24, v:2.0) Jeffrey Kaplan: Time Zone support, resolutions
When using this to make a screen shot, it's capturing the wrong time, by using the wrong timezone. Please add a feature to take the local timezone into account, or show the timezone being used for the time stamp.