De-clutter your SoundCloud Stream
Tired of seeing the same reposts over and over again? Tired of seeing Promoted tracks and accounts? SoundShroud gives you the option to clean up the mess when you want, so you have the power to enjoy your Stream again. Just click the grey icon to show the bar, and let SoundShroud clean up the mess. There is a very slight delay in removing reposts and tracks, and that's how it's intended to work. Questions, feedback and everything else: https://twitter.com/SoundShroud [email protected] Creator: https://twitter.com/3rc Update 1/14/16: Fixed hiding "Promoted" track at top of Stream
- (2021-03-08) Jacob Allgayer: Doesn't work at all.
- (2021-02-04) Mike Bond: Why won't soundcloud do this? Stupid %&#@s + The only one that actually filters repost from your playlist, so it only plays posts. - Freezes the browser frequently. You can usually get around this by scrolling through your feed a bit and then turning it on.
- (2018-10-03) Jamal Williams: lags terribly and sometimes hangs even the entire browser
- (2018-09-19) Jko Ggl: workds good
- (2018-05-31) Judge Moore: This can't be helped. It's super laggy because it loads a page of your stream, then removes the reposts. It had to load 3 pages of reposts before it found a single song posted 45 minutes ago, and then it froze when trying to load the rest. If anything, the sorry state of this app is a testament to the sorry state SoundCloud's stream is in. Why doesn't SoundCloud have an option to skip reposts?
- (2018-04-15) Thomas Fritz: nice idea but it breaks soundcloud after just a few seconds everytime I use this extension
- (2018-03-23) Sean Blum: Freezes tab on Mac Sierra + Chrome v65. Fix this for 5 stars.
- (2017-12-02) Carlos Banks: after activating it, it loads incredibly long and freezes my tab... a bit annoyed by how much i wanted this to work, but to see it sadly fail in attempt.. please fix if you can.
- (2017-11-16) It bugs and stops music after a few seconds. Thqt's a shame. Simple to use nonetheless.
- (2017-08-06) Alex Bates: Good idea, wish It worked, but it just freezes Chrome
- (2017-05-28) Mario Nette: Unfortunately, this extension has a design fail: - if you follow Artist A and he uploads a new track - if you follow Artist B and he reposts the new track from Artist A the result will be that the track will appear as repost from Artist B in the stream and filtert out by this extension :(
- (2017-05-25) Benjamin Bain: Freezes soundcloud
- (2017-05-19) jens hollants: people still repost playlists, as result my soundcoud is sful of repost of it can you fix this maybe ?
- (2017-03-05) Wes Felkins: Good idea, wish it worked, was making the soundcloud tab crash on mac chrome
- (2017-01-19) Dmitry Minyaylov: Want to love this extension because the functionality is super useful unfortunately it doesn't work well. Scrolling down, even just quarter of a page, starts refreshing tracks until the page freezes. (running latest Chrome on Mac OS)
- (2016-12-03) Tucker Friendperson: Use Repost-Toggle, it's a good extension if you want to accomplish this without creating huge CPU usage,.
- (2016-11-06) Makes Soundcloud completely dysfunctional and unusable. Freezes page
- (2016-10-30) Joseph Murray: filters reposts but songs lag. do not use this extension to actually PLAY music, just use it to FIND music
- (2016-10-25) Radman Ahmadi: Its been working great so far. Lately though, its been crashing soundcloud whenever i try to use it. Please fix! Great extension otherwise.
- (2016-09-29) Nick Hackett: very useful but it would be pretty neat if you could set it to not filter reposted songs with the reposter's name in the title, like for songs an artist reposts from their label
- (2016-09-22) Rebecca White: Thanks for making this. I just wanted to comment that this extension is working perfectly as of 9/22/2016 :) Note to new users: you need to activate the extension using a button on the soundcloud website - not by clicking the extension icon in the upper right.
- (2016-08-20) Sander Broos: A very helpful tool. However, I have one problem: when someone I follow reposts a sound of another person I follow, Soundshroud hides it. Which means that I'll never get to see the sound since Soundcloud only shows the song once (in the repost). I would be REALLY grateful if this was fixed.
- (2016-07-08) Dragon18: Awesome
- (2016-06-10) Arslan Khalid: Great extension. One problem though; If someone I follow posts a new track and someone else reposts that track, it is not shown in the stream. 5 stars if this is fixed.
- (2016-05-30) Jordan Drakinite: Took a minute to figure out, my bad. Works great, thank you so much for making this!!
- (2016-05-19) James Stuber: I've been looking for this for ages! Thank you!
- (2016-05-05) Mike: Been waiting for a solution to the horrible repost feature that SC has introduced. This works although it is a little glitchy at times.