Simple right click to dial for Chrome context menu
Enables users with SIP dialing programs do right click and dial from Chrome. Installs a link in the context menu (or right click menu) of chrome. Just select the text, Right Click to Dial and your Sip software will do the rest. Great for Gigaset Quicksync phones. Any feedback greatly appreciated, its my first Extension so be kind! Windows users will need to do the following: Step 1. Download "Ian Sharp's" DialV4Beta1.zip found here: http://www.atrandom.iansharpe.com/phone-dial.php Extract dial.exe into the following folder. C:\Program Files\Dial\ Check to see if msvcr100.dll is located in C:\Windows\System32 If this file exists, move to Step 2. If the files does not exists, copy this file from the extracted files into C:\Windows\System32 directory and then move to Step 2. Step 2. Using Note Pad, Create a file called sip.reg and copy the following lines into the file. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip] "EditFlags"=hex:02,00,00,00 @="URL:Sip Protocol" "URL Protocol"="" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell\open] [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sip\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Dial\\dial.exe\" \"%1\"" This creates the link between the Chrome Extension and Dialer.exe present in Windows 7.
- (2019-11-16) Joe Wooten: Does not work. When right clicking on (804) 723-4412 it does open my default dialing app (skype for business mac) but when I click call to dial the number the call does not go through as it tries to dial //(804) 723-4412. The extra // seem to be causing the call to not be processed.
- (2017-11-20) Pierre Boudrie: Cette extension marche ! apres de nombreuses recherches , c'est une des rares qui fonctionne , je vous conseille d'eviter celles qui transforment les numeros en lien clickable , selon le format ca deconne pas mal , tandis qu'avec celle la ca marche (testée avec bria)
- (2016-10-28) Derek Dongray: This works...sometimes. It seems OK if the number has no sspeces, but when I clicked on a num ber formatted as "+49 123 45 678 89", it offered to dial "+4". I'm not sure why it wasn't "+49", but it should have used the whole number instead of truncating it. Also, as others noted, it leaves extra tabs open.
- (2015-10-28) Mark Lederer: Doesn't work!
- (2015-10-11) Chris Harding: Its great... with a couple of small enhancements it could be really good.. I agree with Danil If there is a way of calling the app without creating a new tab that would be even better.
- (2014-08-12) Danil Antonov: pls add URL below as option instead only sip:// - skype: - tel: - callto: - phone:
- (2014-01-26) Vadim Solovey: Just works with X-Lite as well.
- (2021-04-07, v:0.2) Art K: How much is your service?
I need to know all costs involved.
- (2020-02-10, v:0.2) Gene Gutierrez: Annoying pop up "A website wants to open this application"
Is there a way to get rid of this pop up from Chrome?
- (2019-01-03, v:0.2) ingo rost: Very good Software, but get a 2nd Version
I must have your software, but they dont have to send sip://TELNUMBER but tel://TELNUMBER, or say what i have todo to change it, your [email protected] from Germany
- (2018-12-17, v:0.2) IMPORTANT
It called 911 whenever i was typing in a number
- (2018-07-16, v:0.2) Tab
How can I stop the tab that opens up after your dial the number
- (2018-04-22, v:0.2) Eldar Yiftach: Not dialing
I have a jitsi sip client. When I send a phone number to dial, the jitsi sip client interface opens but does not dial. Do you know the problem? Is there a solution to the problem?
- (2017-11-07, v:0.2) Юрий Новожилов: Integrate with Zoiper
Hi! Can I make your adds with Zoiper softphone for Windows? If yes, hows I can do this? Regards!
- (2017-05-12, v:0.2) spaces and opening tab
Good but like others have said here should remove spaces and ideally not open another tab. Cheers. With those changes it would be awesome.
- (2017-04-12, v:0.2) sip://number not accepted, need sip:number
Hello, how can i remove double slash from the dialed number? I need to call sip:number Thanks
- (2016-10-27, v:0.2) Olivier Aufrère: remove unnecessary symbols (2)
I agree with Danil As sip://x xx xxx must be en url format it is to the extension to remove at least space. In my case (linux) the app does not work because of that. The tab opened call et library that expects only one argument. With space there are more than one argument. So the url sent to softphone is sip://x only
- (2016-10-27, v:0.2) Olivier Aufrère: hi
many phone number as " " (space) please add replace(" ","") to avoid many problems
- (2016-08-01, v:0.2) MLConseil Marketing Digital: no dial
Hi thanks for this addons. Please, weird enough as i try to dial nothing happen : http://screencast.com/t/TSu7V2PJT Any idea (my sip phone settings is ok). Thanks in advance
- (2016-07-20, v:0.2) Владимир Лубяной: sip://
Hello, my Zoiper cannot handle sip:// links, but can callto and tel. Can you please do that the generated link will be callto:[phone] or make option to do it?