A browser extension for navigating burgeoning Twitter conversations. Conversations are visualized as a tree. Each node (square) is…
A browser extension for navigating burgeoning Twitter conversations. Conversations are visualized as a tree. Each node (square) is an individual tweet, and an edge (line) between two tweets indicates that the lower one is a reply to the upper one. The color of the line indicates the time duration between the two tweets (red is faster, blue is slower.) As you hover over nodes, the reply-chain preceeding that tweet appears on the right-side pane. By clicking a node, you can freeze the UI on that tweet in order to interact with the right-side pane. By clicking anywhere in the tree window, you can un-freeze the tweet and return to the normal hover behavior.
- (2020-02-09) dervish candela: Incredibly nice. Twitter seems to limit request rate, though, so bigger threads (> 50 replies for me) stall indefinitely. A kind of slow mode heuristic for requests, or simply a configurable pause, would be nice. Would it be possible to add a vertical branch format for the "ratio"-style threads?
- (2019-10-31) Jenn Nil: Was fantastic; no longer works.
- (2019-03-26) Does not work
- (2019-01-15) Alphain Paul: This is extremely helpful! Great work! I was looking for a better way to view conversations and this did the trick! Thanks again!
- (2017-12-30) I literally typed in tree and twitter to see if anything even close to this existed. This is perfect. Thank you for building.
- (2017-10-09) Igor Hipólito Vieira: Exactly what I was looking for!
- (2016-12-29) Bryan-Mitchell Young: Quite useful for my research on twitter conversations.
- (2020-06-07, v:4.0) Nhan Nguyen: Shortcut to activate Treeverse?
With other extension I can set a shortcut in the Keyboard shortcuts Tabs in the extension page of Chrome, however, I can't find one for Treeverse? Thanks a lot!
- (2020-05-09, v:3.5) Tomás Ortí: treeverse couldn't find the authentication tokens needed to load your tweets
It works several weeks ago when I installed it. Now it does not work. It shows: treeverse couldn't find the authentication tokens needed to load your tweets Sorry :/ I removed it and added it again and same result... Any workaround for it? Tested on Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-03-06, v:3.2) Ken Miller: Treeverse won't launch
I'm reading twitter in a chrome tab (chrome Version 72.0.3626.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I click on a tweet (arriving at the URL https://twitter.com/kendmil/status/1103162676207853568), then click on the treeverse extension symbol which has turned blue instead of gray. But it gives the response "Sorry, Treeverse couldn’t launch. If you are logged out of Twitter or using the older Twitter UI, the way Treeverse accesses tweets may not work." Do you know what I need to do to fix this? Thank you.
- (2018-04-23, v:0.9) Russell Campbell: No visualization tree loaded
I click on the icon when I'm focused on a tweet, and the visualization page doesn't load any information into it. Is there some kind of Chrome settings that I have to change to allow Treeverse to do its job?
- (2017-08-30, v:0.7) Robert Best: The extension icon doesn't light up
I'm on a tweet with multiple replies, but the extension icon doesn't light up.
- (2017-07-14, v:0.7) Matthew Smith: Upper limit on soze
Is there a limit on how many tweets it will put into a tree? I had a thread with 500+ tweets and it doesn't map them all. Probably does about 400 of them. Also, would be able to download the complete tree as a single image for big trees, and also a "expand all" feature. Otherwise it is very good.
- (2017-02-18, v:0.5) Flap Zappa: how does it work
I have added it and I get an icon for it which when pressed just takes me to the extensions page.