is.gd URL Shortener
UNMAINTAINED Version 220.127.116.11 changes: -Fixed url encoding Version 18.104.22.168 changes: -Forced to update manifest file Version 22.214.171.124 changes: -Fixed security issues caused by inline scripts ban. (which broked extension) Version 126.96.36.199 changes: -Fiex CORS
- (2019-02-06) Dominic Parkhurst: Very good and time-saving! Unfortunately you cannot change link options like you can on the website.
- (2018-05-20) Encolpio Wrest: The effectiveness of simplicity. Without forcing yourself to subscribe, without getting involved in complicated and obscure marketing actions. This extension complies with what it promises and fulfills it very well. 5 stars for IS.GD
- (2018-04-12) Christian Dysthe: Works well and does the one thing it's supposed to do. Give me a short URL to share. Great stuff!
- (2016-05-22) David LeBlanc: This used to be a fine little extension. I liked that it used just 5 characters instead of 6 in the shortened URL, wonderful for tweeting. Now it just says ready when shortening a URL. No URL is shortened and copied to the clipboard. The version for Firefox works well. If it helps at all, is.gd is working and shortening.
- (2016-05-19) Kevin Fields: Was working great until last week, now once again not working. Results used to say "Copied to clipboard" but now only respond as "Ready" with no shortcut created. Google, what did you break now?
- (2014-10-14) Rodrigo C E: Muy útil, siempre a mano y además copia automáticamente al portapapeles la URL generada.
- (2014-02-23) Alex Rabina: It's working now.
- (2013-07-10) Mike Barreca: broken
- (2013-07-10) Broken. Click = nothing.
- (2013-05-06) Hannes Grebin: just need this for twitter. so pls: 1) get rid of 'http://' 2) context menu functionality 3) image-url shortening via context-menu
- (2016-10-31, v:188.8.131.52) Right-click Menu
Have you thought about adding a right-click menu option?
- (2016-07-16, v:184.108.40.206) Working?
Is the app dead for good or will it be fixed in the near future?
- (2015-01-07, v:220.127.116.11) Greg Flint: Enable the item in the contextual menu again
is.gd always used to show in the contextual menu. I installed Ubuntu 14.04 again in October 2014 after replacing my SSD after a sudden failure of the original SSD a couple of weeks prior. I then tried to use is.gd as I always used to, but the option isn't there any more. I was able to use is.gd today but only by going to http://is.gd.
- (2014-10-21, v:18.104.22.168) Greg Flint: It doesn't show in the contextual menu any more
is.gd always used to show in the contextual menu. I installed Ubuntu 14.04 again last week after replacing my SSD after a sudden failure of the original SSD a couple of weeks ago. Today is the first time that I tried to use is.gd as I always used to, but the option isn't there any more. I was able to use is.gd today but only by going to http://is.gd.
- (2014-05-19, v:22.214.171.124) Rodrigo C E: no funciona - it's not working well
cuando pulso el botón aprece el mensaje "Ready" pero no aparece la URL corta ni la copia en el portapapeles. When I am at a website and click on IS button, it shows "Ready" message but it doesn´t show the short URL and it doesn't copy it on the clipboard. Coolnovo Browser, Version 126.96.36.199 Thanks