Receive notifications when new messages arrive on Yammer.
Yammer is a private social network for companies. Yermah is a Chrome extension that notifies you when people that you follow on Yammer post a message or send you a private message. The icon changes from blue to red when you have new messages in Yammer and lets you know how many messages are waiting. If the icon is grey then you haven't logged into Yammer. Clicking on the icon will take you to the Yammer website. Desktop notifications are displayed for each new message using Chrome's notification system. You can set a limit on how many notifications come up. Based on code from Cain, with permission (thanks!). See the source code repository for complete history. If you have any problems with the extension, please follow the Support link to log an issue. Thanks.
- (2016-02-11) Ernesto Sanchez: Thank goodness for this extension! It is a lifesaver since MS killed the app. Love the ability to leave notifications up until dismissed. Great Job!!!
- (2014-09-17) Willians Oliveira: Ótima extensão! O sistema de notificação funciona muito bem!
- (2014-07-21) Gavin Hill: Since Yammer dropped the Adobe Air based Mac app, this is the next best thing. At least now my mail doesn't get flooded and I don't miss important notifications. Here's hoping it continues to evolve.
- (2013-10-15) David Pabst: Thanks for updating Yermah to 0.4.0 !!
- (2013-08-07) Neil Myers: It might be back but it doesn't work any more. The official Yammer desktop app is atrocious and Yermah was Yammer's desktop saviour. Yermah was brilliant when it worked. Pop-ups (the sole reason we use it in our company) just don't work. Without them there's no point to it. Yammer, as far as desktop presence is concerned, is dead in the water IMO. They need to give this guy some funding and get this app working.
- (2013-04-15) Alberto Conte: Simply, it works. Finally, again on the Chrome Web Store.