Open a link or the current webpage in an external app.
Version 0.3 now installs required VisualC++ runtime files which would cause the extension to fail if they were missing on the pc. ************************************ Version 0.2 corrects a problem with external applications that have a whitespace in their path. You need to update the helper application from within the preferences page as well! ************************************ This extension allows you to open a link or the current webpage in an external application, for example a download manager or another browser (like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Vivaldi, Opera, Otter Browser or any other). External applications can be easily added from within the configuration page. A context menu with the available applications is available for every website, link, selected text or image. NOTE: This program requires a small helper application in order to function. This can be "downloaded" from within the configuration page and must be installed before this extension will work. The helper application is currently only available for Microsoft Windows, but will be ported to Linux soon.
- (2022-07-01) artegrale: Extension works without any issues, the helper files are Microsoft visual basic runtimes.. anything that flags it is a false positive. 100% safe and 100% functional.
- (2021-01-29) Yura Moshnin: helper utility unavailable
- (2019-10-29) Nick Spirov: This function is impossible to implement in any extension, without using a helper program, which is a HUGE SECURITY RISK. The need to install a helper executable should be written in the description!
- (2018-07-25) Evgeny Vajenin: Заработало но после установки второй вспомогательной программы
- (2018-06-26) Charlie Langley: very very bad
- (2017-11-23) Black Moon: don't work
- (2017-02-21) Carlson Quetsche: Wurde wohl schon ewig nicht mehr weiter verfolgt. Extension arbeitet NUR in Zusammenarbeit mit einem VB-Windows-Tool, welches aber nicht mehr zu erhalten gibt -> folglich NUTZLOS!
- (2017-02-17) Abu Eg: native client setup program contain virus and deleted by AVAST ANTI VIRUS. i'll report violation to google.
- (2016-10-16) Thomas A: It just works! Exactly what I want.
- (2016-10-07) Matt Putland: The extension that is required to make this work was picked up by Windows Defender.. I'm not trusting this at all.
- (2016-09-07) Luděk “Lunov” Novák: Doesnt work without external utility which contains malware. Thank you.
- (2016-07-01) Joël de Bruijn: Does exactly what it says it does! Since deprecating NPAPI this was hard to do, but the developer uses a local agent to do the actual "opening of the external app". I could use a bit more parameters though, like %date%, %title%, %domain% (now only %URL%).
- (2022-02-19, v:0.3) Lucy Denton: doesnt work won;t open
can't open any keeps crashing and constantly clicking repair but just crashes again
- (2019-01-19, v:0.3) Magican M: Virustotal & Malware
You have stopped answering questions. What happened? I, as well as others, are interested in the situation associated with virustotal and its detection of malware in your product. Thank you for your attention!
- (2018-11-17, v:0.3) Scott Q: Your setup.exe is triggering a A/V malware alert
What is the purpose of the helper application - okdopehcdgnellkaldfnaemhbpciplem\0.3_0\Launcher\setup.exe? Why is it flagged as malware by Avast and AVG virus scanners - see https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/abda6a3dd6da6b578951247a6c43a047f6712bf3659b17e3c2a3bdc89d3321c9/analysis/ ? What arguments does it require maybe I can write my own helper app if yours can not pass A/V testing?
- (2017-03-27, v:0.3) Rómulo M. Soto Díaz: Avast detect malware
I try to install but my avast detect a malware and stop download.
- (2016-12-28, v:0.3) Mirko Rolfes: The Helper Addon is not downloaded
The so called helper addon is not downloaded upon installation of this extension. Where to get the helper addon?
- (2016-11-30, v:0.3) Craig Schenk (Murple): No helper app!
The link in the app is a 404 error. Also when will a Linux version be out? What does it do basically? Maybe I can hack my own for now.
- (2016-07-19, v:0.1) Josen Ruiseco: Opens 2 Windows
I have enabled Chrome Canary as my application so that I can send pages to that browser. When I use the Open In option, it opens 3 windows for me. The 3rd one is correct, but the others are: - http://windowsusername/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome - http://sxs/Application/chrome.exe Which aren't real locations. Any way to stop this? The full path to the executable is: "C:\Users\windowsusername\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome SxS\Application\chrome.exe"
- (2016-07-05, v:0.1) Nathan Borowicz: The select button does nothing when clicked
I've installed the helper application but the "select" button does nothing when I want to add/browse an application.