Share a URL directly from your browser via email
Share your current tab URL via Email. Just click in the Send to Mail button or in the context menu. The title of the URL will be the title of the mail. Works with Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, ... If you have trouble and the addon doesn't work as expected, please visit chrome://settings/handlers.
- (2020-09-05) Sebastian A: Hi, if I try to send an URL to E-Mail, it does the page title in the to: field in outlook. Subject field is empty. Please fix
- (2020-08-07) Bob Krohn: does not work. blank screen.
- (2018-05-14) Grant Spoon: Simple to use. opens default email client. Slightly annoying though, I have to close the new browser tab after I send the email. Can you just make it so that click, open client, and no pop up appears? Would be simpler that way. Thanks
- (2018-01-18) Francesco De Rose: Funziona perfettamente ed è molto veloce. Ottimo lavoro!
- (2017-12-13) Shef Sam: Exactly what I was looking for! So simple a function and yet previously elusive. Kudos! (git page looks like it no longer exists)
- (2020-05-16, v:2.0.2) Gary Brenner: partial url only
I use "Send to Mail" for a few years and it is great. In the last weeks, something is going wrong, as it takes only part of the URL. Not sure how to demonstrate this to you. An example "https://www.nytimes.com/" comes out URL, but the remainder "2020/05/10/health/coronavirus-plague-pandemic-history.html" is plain text.