Adds a button and context menu item to send the page URL or a link URL via email
Create a new email with the current address, selected link or selected text. The email will include the page title. You can set text to be added before and after the page URL in the email. Email Clients to choose from: Default mail application, Gmail, AOL mail, Outlook/Office 365 and Yahoo Mail.
- (2021-04-06) Banya Rola: I have used this for years with no problems...
- (2021-03-13) I M: Send from Gmail (by Google)を使っていたけれどそれより良い。 宛先を設定しておけるから、ショートカットキーで起動、送信で完了する。 それにGmailは起動に時間がかかるけれど、これでGmailを使って送信してもそんなに長くかからない。
- (2021-01-21) Paul Van Cotthem: Superb extension. This functionality should be included in every browser. FEATURE SUGGESTION: Many URLs contain metadate information at the end of the URL, after the question mark (“?”). This metadata typically contains info such as the source from where the user clicked the URL, or other information which is superfluous when sharing the link with someone else. In some cases, this metadata info could potentially even reveal info about the sharer of the info. My request is to add an option to your extension to strip away all unnecessary metadata information characters in the shared link which are to the right of, and including, the question mark. Here’s an example of the original URL, including the unnecessary metadata as of the question mark and everything to the right of it: • https://www.coolblue.be/nl/mobiele-telefoons/smartphones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra?cmt=c_a,cid_12058654079,aid_118027144522,tid_aud-918309158136 And this is what it should become, the URL to share via your extension to e-mail: • https://www.coolblue.be/nl/mobiele-telefoons/smartphones/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra Thanks for considering my request.
- (2021-01-19) Mad Dog: Exactly what I needed. Supports all the major email targets. Nicely done!
- (2021-01-09) George Papadimitriou: Works so much better than the native Send from Gmail (by Google) app - LMFAO
- (2020-11-13) Jorge L.: no nel pastel xd
- (2020-07-28) Taerie Bryant: It was working perfectly, but lately it will not send links as clickable. I've tried removing and reinstalling but nothing fixes the issue. It's a shame as it was a great extension.
- (2020-07-19) Richard Atami: Used to work perfectly and then it stopped around the time of Catalina (however, I did not upgrade to it because my computer is too old for it so that may have something to do with it). Not sure why it would, though, if other extensions continued to work without a problem
- (2020-03-14) LUNWEN ZHANG: Great extension. But it hasn't caught up with the Outlook.com and Office 365 new web version. Still using old mailbox to share link. Please consider changing it. Thanks.
- (2020-01-23) Jeff Kart: works - just added to microsoft edge 2020
- (2020-01-09) Willem Van Cotthem: Best extension to send a link to a web page via the preferred mail app.
- (2020-01-02) Lorraine Wielgus: Works great for me using AOL webmail.
- (2019-10-07) Chris Wilde HM: simple - does what it says i use for my gmail
- (2019-08-16) Len Kowalik: June 2018 Really like this, but it stopped bringing up my contacts. From other reviews I suspect that is due to changes in Chrome. August 2019 Old Chromebook dies. Went looking for this on a new CB, not knowing the name. Difficult to find in the store, but tried some others while doing so. None are as good as this one.
- (2019-08-11) Shannon Kellman O'Connor: Works beautifully with Gmail. It does just what it claims to do - allows you to share a URL via email. Too bad Chrome doesn't offer a "share" option automatically. Kind of weird.. Anyway, thanks!
- (2019-06-01) S.V. Prior: I'm an avid sender of links to a whole variety of things on the internet - so this is really useful - when I want to email something. Brilliant! Works like a dream.
- (2019-05-29) darth pixel: that's exactly what i was looking for
- (2019-05-18) Judyth Hulford: Please add protonmail as one of the choices. Thx.
- (2019-03-13) Kathleen Douglas: Works great! Wish it would use my email client instead of a web service but it is better that using the default email client that came with Mac OS X.
- (2019-02-26) Bob Jacobson: This stopped working for me with the most recent version of Mojave. Is it obsolete? 32-bit?
- (2019-02-22) PS: a new Does what it is supposed to do, with one exception. If Gmail is the client and "Open as new window" is selected sending a link opens a new tab, not a window.
- (2019-02-17) Kevin Kelly: one of the only ones that you can control which way it's mailed, default mail program, gmail aol mail etc. AND it let's you control the message subject, Prefill the to address, and body of email before and after the link in default optins.
- (2019-02-12) Scott C: WORKS PERFECTLY!!!! I have been very grumpy/angry for months about Chrome's missing Right Click > Send Link option. I ran across this add-in, and I could not be happier. It literally took 5 seconds to install, did not require a browser or windows restart, and works perfectly with Outlook on Windows. In addition to the new right click option, there's also a new button to the right of the address bar that has the same email option. Yea!!!!
- (2018-11-11) This is a great app. It allows Chrome to do one of the basic things that the Microsoft Edge browser does right out of the box, but... When choosing Outlook.com, it opens a link to a deprecated version of Outlook. It needs to be updated as the recent beta version went to mainstream release. and... When opening an new email, it just drops an anchor tag (i.e. link) and that's about it. Many apps will create a small teaser frame showing a photo and title of the page that we're sending. Outlook.com does that for example. These two improvements would make it five stars.
- (2018-10-24) Arne Harder: Fast and easy. Exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks!
- (2018-08-23) i East: Great app, does what as it name. Simple and easy to use.
- (2018-07-23) avenue n shop: Might be a Linux thing but it stopped working on one of my computers. Re-installing didn't correct problem Other computer still works, one computer uses Peppermint Linux other uses LXLE (working) both use Thunderbird mail client
- (2018-06-25) Peter Blue: Well done. I only use it with the Default mail Client setting and it works perfectly.
- (2018-05-31) Jen Cate S: Ottimo, nelle opzioni decidi con cosa vuoi spedire il link (io ho selezionato solo gmail) e addirittura preimpostare un destinatario. Vai sulla pagina da inviare, clicchi sull'icona dell'estensione e parte la mail, più semplice di così! Peccato che Chrome sia sempre indietro rispetto a Firefox e non ce l'abbia di default questa impostazione.
- (2018-05-26) Fiona: I used to have this extension and for no obvious reason it stopped working; have just deleted it from my chromebook and reinstalled from scratch; all well again, and it finds my outlook contacts too with no problem
- (2018-05-20) Patrice Marcelli: Ne fonctionne pas avec Outlook 2010 (23/5/2017) OK à nouveau (20/5/2018)
- (2018-04-12) Aaron Kadel: Well done, well done. Works like I want it to by opening email with the link to the site I'm sharing.
- (2018-03-17) J Gillman: EDIT 17 March 2018: for some reason it now only works if I have "All Email Senders" selected. End of edit. Right now it's the only extension like this that works with Chrome and Outlook... something changed in Chrome that stopped other simpler extensions from working. This one does take some extra clicks, and leaves one with an empty frame that must be closed, but it works, and I like that it's configurable. It would be even better if it would include highlighted text from the page you wish to send. I'm still searching for the perfect mail sender: click once and it starts an email with my default mail client with the title of the page as the subject, the highlighted text included in the message body in quotes, followed by "From:" and the URL. This extension is pretty close.
- (2018-03-07) Angelo Bonet: Recently stopped working with Outlook.com. Now just opens the site without preparing an email.
- (2018-02-15) Shaun O'Connell: It just works using Outlook 2013. Thanks
- (2018-02-01) Uwe G: Thanks, good idea!
- (2021-05-16, v:3.2.7) Ash: open in new tab if email service is web-browser based
Please have option (or just make change) so that when you active mailto it opens in new tab (if using browser email service like I do - fastmail). I find it quite irritating that it opens in same tab and when I go back to the clip - for example - have to start all over etc. Much better if the email opens in new tab. Thanks.
- (2021-05-09, v:3.2.7) Marie Thomas: installed extension; envelope icon is there... until I click "x" to close initial info box (icon disappears!) OR close chrome (icon disappears!); icon does not reappear when reopening chrome. what gives? installing this extension should be trivial...
installed extension; envelope icon is there... until I click "x" to close initial info box (icon disappears!) OR close chrome (icon disappears!); icon does not reappear when reopening chrome. what gives? installing this extension should be trivial... but it simply doesn't work! (Please ALSO MANUALLY reply to [email protected]) Thanks....
- (2021-04-08, v:3.2.6) Paul Dalton: Make extension open/use only one email tab in Chromebook?
I love & regularly use this extension - thanks very much for making it! I have both a business & a personal email account, so I normally use MS Outlook (local, not web) to manage them in a single place. As I recall, when I'm using Chrome in Windows, this extension actually calls the Outlook application itself to handle the email. However, it doesn't work that way on the Chromebook. I believe that's a limitation in Chrome, not your extension. But I'm pleased that in Chromebook it opens Yahoo.com in a tab, because that's the account I want to use anyway. However, one thing seems a bit wasteful of resources - and maybe it can't be helped - but when I use the extension more than once during a Chrome session on Chromebook, I've noticed that it opens/creates an additional new Yahoo.com tab for each use, so sometimes find 10+ Yahoo.com tabs open. It seems like each additional of these Yahoo.com tabs must be requiring even more system resources! So I wonder whether it might be possible for this extension to "know" whether there's already a tab open for Yahoo.com &, if so, to use it for sending that email, instead of actually opening a new Yahoo.com tab for sending every email. Again, super useful extension! Thanks, Paul Paul Dalton Grapevine, TX
- (2021-03-10, v:3.2.6) Tim Taylor: you've broken it with the update
Now i'm deleting and moving to another. there's too many options and i can't make it work. all it needs to do is send 1 email to 1 email address and you've broken it.
- (2021-02-17, v:3.2.6) robert savitt: Keep getting error message when I try to add the extension to Chrome on my pc.
I keep getting an error message when I try to add the extension to Chrome on my pc. Any suggestions?
- (2021-02-08, v:3.2.6) Bob Dumon: send web page via gmail
No icon showing next to my bookmarks bar. How do I make it visible?
- (2021-01-26, v:3.2.6) Jesse Self: Extension permission ask (Share link via email) will not save in Brave (see image)
I've been trouble shooting with Brave support. Is it possible this is something on the extension's end? Any ideas to fix this? Appreciate a look. https://www.dropbox.com/s/thf7esk2fqj8212/3.png?dl=0 Here is a link to the bug discussion I submitted to Brave. https://community.brave.com/t/brave-does-not-save-extension-permission/199248
- (2021-01-19, v:3.2.6) Val Pyle: unable to obtain link from webpage to email at top of page
I have tried everything including setting a link but the link icon disappears and cannot be found so I cannot send a webpage or a link to email. Tried many times. Please help.
- (2021-01-14, v:3.2.6) Jackson Brennan: share link default font change
Everything works great except when my boss wants to share a link he wants to be able to change his font to size 14 and be able to make it his default. This is not an option yet and it is not featured in the settings.
- (2020-12-23, v:3.2.6) Cheryl Brusket: Hi! Worked great now problems
Hi! I love this extension and have used it heavily. Now when i attempt to use, my email does open but the link is never in the body of the email. I do not have it in the right click context menu.The subject is there correctly. Have uninstalled and reinstalled, pinned, set options, made sure it is enabled in setting for Chrome, checked that my Windows 7 default programs for mail etc were correct. At a lost and i really like the extension........Help Deb
- (2020-11-19, v:3.2.6) Matt Benwitt: Extension no longer works
I have been using this extension for several years and now suddenly it does not work. I think there was a recent windows update. What is the fix?
- (2020-10-11, v:3.2.6) Sean Lepard: no longer works with outlook, forces use of gmail
stopped sending links by default email client, forces send by gmail. this behavior changed on its own - I changed no settings uninstalling this garbage extension after years
- (2020-10-06, v:3.2.6) Nancy Levin Mcgrath: Share link via email
I tried on my own to make gmail the default rather then Mail. I ended up not being able to share from either Mail or Chrome. I then added the extention and it defaults to a gmail page asking me to start a new account. Help! Thanks, Nancy
- (2020-10-01, v:3.2.6) Amir Nowtash: "Email Body Settings" don't work for Yahoo Mail
Hello, I have changed the setting to insert 2 "New line before URL" and insert 2 "New line after URL", and it works when I try to send a link using my desktop Outlook client, but when using Yahoo Mail, it does not. I even tried to add a line break via HTML code, by putting "<br>" in the "Before URL message" box, but it did nothing. Any ideas how to fix it or workarounds?
- (2020-09-27, v:3.2.6) injun2: Doesn't use Outlook as default anymore
A computer tech had me clear all my history and caches and now your share tool wants to use Windows Mail instead of Outlook. I tried changing the default to Outlook.com, but I guess since I purchased Outlook instead of "renting" it, that's not the correct default choice. Since there is no option to choose purchased Outlook, what should I do? Jeff Collins New Orleans
- (2020-07-18, v:3.2.3) annie best: share link
My husband and I have two separate gmail addresses under the one account in my name. When he uses his computer and wants to share a page with someone, the share link always defaults to me as sender not him. How can we change this?
- (2020-07-16, v:3.2.3) Drtofu Ono: right click link is broken
Good Afternoon, I just installed you extension and noticed when you right click on the link and choose Send Link via Email, the link goes into the Subject, not the body if the email. And in the Subject, it will start with &body= then the URL. I hope you can fixed this Thank you,
- (2020-06-23, v:3.2.3) Stéphane BARIZIEN: Empty body
Hi, Great extension I've come to depend upon!! But on one of my computers I always get an empty body (it used to work). Any clue? Note: I'm using (Chr)Edge, not Chrome. TIA for your help.
- (2020-06-13, v:3.2.3) Christian M. Schneider: Where are the options saved?
Dear Cobote, I'd like to set the options of the extension centrally with Intune and need to know where and how they are saved, i.e. in the registry or in a file. Could you please share this information with me? Best regards, Christian M. Schneider
- (2020-05-21, v:3.2.3) Sheri Bentley: Crashes Chrome when sending link via defailt mail client
Hello - This application worked recently but in the past week or so when I click to send a link via the default email client (Outlook desktop version), Chrome completely crashes. When I open chrome, it asks me to restore my windows and the 'Send Link' never opens. Thank you!
- (2020-04-24, v:3.2.2) Retired Techie: Not showing up on Chromebook
The last few weeks I've noticed your extension is now showing up on the bar on my Samsung Chromebook. Is it no longer compatible? It does still show up & work in Chrome on my Windows 10 desktop PC.
- (2020-04-23, v:3.2.2) P Cooper: Linux Thunderbird doesn't accept Capital Subject=
Hi When the new window opens it is defaulting to: mailto:?Subject=New%20Tab&body=chrome%3A%2F%2Fnewtab%2F this doesn't work and opens a Thunderbird page with a blank subject line. If it is changed to lower-case: mailto:?subject=New%20Tab&body=chrome%3A%2F%2Fnewtab%2F Then the lower-case line works every time! Could we please fix this? Thanks
- (2020-04-15, v:3.2.2) Michael B: URL Link not highlighted
About 2 weeks ago the link is not underlined or highlighted.
- (2020-04-13, v:3.2.2) Greg Brown: Allow for ability to choose where the cursor defaults (e.g. the "To:" field or the "Body" field, etc.)
Allow for ability to choose where the cursor defaults (e.g. the "To:" field or the "Body" field, etc.)
- (2020-04-09, v:3.2.2) Dale Demanchuk: not hightlighting email link
until a couple days ago (april 2020) email link was working perfectly now link is there but not highlighted so cant open it after being sent...what going on? anyway to fix this i've tried but its driving me crazy-please help!
- (2020-01-27, v:3.2.2) Stephen & Sharon Mann: email link
I want to send the link using Outlook and not my email server (net Address-which i am unable to enter )
- (2020-01-16, v:3.2.2) peter odell: stopped working...
not sure, but I installed new chromium edge earlier today...and things seemed to stop working
- (2020-01-14, v:3.2.2) Jim Packer: Other Webmail Services
Can you add support for other web based email services?
- (2020-01-02, v:3.2.2) Adam K: Won't save settings to default client
mailto is not working and keeps resetting on a users computer. I have set the options to use default on Chrome but every time he closes the browser it resets back to asking for him to set a client via options.
- (2019-11-02, v:3.2.2) jr ?: spacing when sending selection
the "before url message" text and Url start right after the selected text. in fact they look like they are part of selected text. Need a way to put space after selected text, then have the Before, Url, and After appear.
- (2019-10-17, v:3.2.2) James Ford: Does not open Outlook
When I try to send a link with this extension I get an error message the something went wrong. Here is the error text (my Username removed). A mailbox couldn't be found for MY USER NAME. X-ClientId: 00EA9CFABABB449681EE109DF34581EF request-id 820f2fda-92d4-421d-a401-26957b85d826 X-OWA-Error Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.UserHasNoMailboxException X-OWA-Version 15.20.2347.23 X-FEServer SN6PR16CA0068 X-BEServer SN1PR16MB2285 Date:10/17/2019 4:55:49 PM
- (2019-10-07, v:3.2.2) David Averett: What changed ....
This ext was extremely useful - now its broken. Either chrome had an update or something has changed. Sad - It worked well up until recent.
- (2019-08-30, v:3.2.2) Sydney Rosen: Opens Apple Mail only, not Outlook
I use Outlook for email. An earlier version of this app worked great, but I had to have my system cleared and re-installed (some glitch in IOS), so I had to re-install the Chrome extension for this app. Now it will only send URLs to Apple Mail, not Outlook. How do I change that?
- (2019-08-24, v:3.2.2) Eugene D Cohen: Font
Is there a way to change the default font that appears in one's email message along with the URL link?
- (2019-08-24, v:3.2.2) Eugene D Cohen: Font
Is there a way to change the default font that appears in one's email message along with the URL link?
- (2019-08-16, v:3.2.2) Mike Weaver: Multi-Line After URL for Signature Support
It would be very useful if the after URL message could be modified to be multiline and/or contain new line markers (e.g. CR-LF) as that would allow a full signature line to be configured and overcome an issue our users are having with Outlook dropping it's built-in signature when mailto contains body text.
- (2019-07-30, v:3.2.2) Janiv Ratson: Link is broken
Hi, I get the following link when I use your extension: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6jkLYkzSQ (this link doesn't work) The original link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6jkLYkzSQ (this link works) Please help. thanks Janiv
- (2019-06-30, v:3.2.1) Dave H: Does not work in Brave Browser
Hi, I just tried using your extension in the Brave Browser and it does not seem to work for Mailto: links on a web page (clicking on an email address), nor does it work for just emailing a web page link to someone (clicking on the envelope icon to activate your extension). Seeing as how the world will be switching to the Brave Browser, you might want to update your plug in to work with Brave. Thanks for a great experience for many years running under the former Google Chrome Browser.
- (2019-06-17, v:3.2.1) Conrad Caplin: Send to default without asking
Hello, on 1 computer I have "Email Sender Selection" and "Open in New Window" both set to Gmail. Nothing else is toggled on. When I click on Send, it nicely opens up a new Gmail tab. But on my new computer, with the same settings, when I click on Send, it provides me a drop-down selection of "Gmail" and "Options". How do I disable the drop-down and have it go directly to new Gmail window?