Implements a button to send page URL (link) via email.
This extension adds a button (next to the addressbar) which allows you to send a webpage URL (link) via email. Example: if you use Gmail, then it opens a new send-mail window and adds the webpage title to the email title field, and puts the webpage url in the body of the email. All you have to do is choose a mail recipient and click send. An easy way to share webpages with your contacts and friends. Enjoy! Technical information: This extension is using the "mailto:" protocol, so all email related issues like which mailclient that opens up and how the mail is formatted is related to your system and what your system does with the "mailto:" protocol. So if things don't work as expected or you want to change things, then check your systems "mailto:" protocol settings. Changelog: 0.9.5 - fixed a bug that sometimes just opened a blank page. Should be fixed now.
- (2021-03-08) Kevin C: Very simple and effective. No bells and whistles, doesn't overcomplicate anything, just opens a new email from Outlook with a link to the page. Exactly what I was looking for. Win 10 Pro and Microsoft 365
- (2020-11-12) David Varela: Simple and effective. Excellent!
- (2020-07-19) Ricardo Hamdan: Maybe it's just me but it does not work with Mail and MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6 (can't update any higher)
- (2019-12-10) Mark Brough: Works perfectly ... with gmail. I'm not surprised if their are quirks with other email programs and webmails. The "blank page" complaint is a gmail thing, not a "Send URL" thing.
- (2018-10-27) ME HA ENCANTADO
- (2018-04-07) Does EXACTLY what it says it'll do. Nothing more, nothing less. Perfect!
- (2017-10-03) NW Forest Properties: non-functional, it opens a blank tab, does not launch email client at all.
- (2017-09-24) Jean-Christophe Bourdel: Parfait, enfin l'extension que je cherchais comme ce que Firefox offre.
- (2017-04-24) Jackson Hawk: Sends URL as text, but not as a hyperlink in Windows Live Mail. You have to highlight the text, then right click and choose "Hyperlink" to make it a clickable link.
- (2016-08-28) Alfred Hermann: Simple et efficace, pas besoin de donner accès à mes comptes emails ou à mes réseaux sociaux. Cela équivaut à la fonctionnalité présente dans Firefox et dont je me sert souvent. Cette fonctionnalité est présente nativement sur Chrome mobile mais pas sur la version Desktop ;-) Mystère... En tout cas, je vous le recommande.
- (2016-04-12) This works perfectly on Mac OSX in conjunction with Mac Mail app. Clicking the extension's button generates a draft email with the webpage title as the email subject and the URL in the email body. Exactly what I wanted. It also works the same way on Windows 7 with Outlook 2013
- (2015-10-19) Nyarlathotep: Хм.. в адресной строке появляется ссылка "mailto+ваш_url" лишь.
- (2015-03-09) Jo Hardenberg: worx perfect (OSX&Mail)
- (2015-02-19) Lance Haverkamp: non-functional, it opens a blank tab, does not launch email client at all. Using Xubuntu & Thunderbird.
- (2014-12-24) Ronald Moore: It often fails to include the URL in the body of the email. If I manually have to cut & paste the URL into the email body I might as well just use my own email program to do so. It also leaves a browser window open after you use it (minor problem).
- (2020-12-03, v:0.9.5) Chris Cafarell: Link not active till I hit enter
Do I have to hit "enter" to activate the link (blue line) every time I send a link?
- (2020-10-31, v:0.9.5) Fanny Farkas: The extension has disappeared from the toolbar.
After installing, the extension showed up, then it disappeared.
- (2020-10-25, v:0.9.5) Victor Davich: Using the app with macmail client.
I use Gmail exclusively. Originally, clicking the icon opened the macmail UI with the link embedded. Now it opens with Gmail UI with the link embedded. How do I revert to the original setup, i.e. opens with macmail client? thanks
- (2020-10-14, v:0.9.5) Bill Hunter: Send URL macOS High Sierra + Chrome
I love your extension, but for some reason when I use it via Chrome on my Mac, it opens another browser (Brave) and not a new tab/window in Chrome? Can I control this somehow? I honestly wish it would open the Mac Mail app, but opening a new different browser is just odd? Thanks!
- (2020-07-25, v:0.9.5) Ernest Stokely: Icon disappears from bar
The extension is installed but not visible on the top bar. ????
- (2020-01-14, v:0.9.5) Dan Peer: please fix to use whatever "from" email client e.g. gmail instead of the system default
please fix to use whatever "from" email client e.g. gmail instead of the system default
- (2019-04-04, v:0.9.4) Belete Getu: help
- (2019-01-29, v:0.9.4) Michal Vranec: predefine email address
Hi, Implement please set default email address Thanks
- (2016-09-11, v:0.9.4) Chuck Braverman: Not working
Does not work often
- (2014-11-18, v:0.9.4) Kiarash Vazirzade: your extension
Hi, i can,t install your extension and i really need it for my project. would you please send me extension folder? my Email address:[email protected]