The Secure Lightweight Bitcoin Wallet in your Browser
Why use SpareCoins? === **Convenience** === Using a Desktop Wallet sucks if you’re sending a small amount of Bitcoins. Opening them in another window feels clunky, and syncing with the Blockchain can take a day. SpareCoins is in your browser and can be opened with one click, or Ctrl+Shift+K. This makes sending Bitcoins around the web much easier. === **Security** === Every week, another online Bitcoin Wallet gets hacked. SpareCoins, however, does not have a central point for attackers to target. Your private keys are encrypted and stored inside your browser, rather than an unsafe remote server. Your private keys can be backed up at anytime, and clearing your cache won’t delete your keys. === **Open Source** === SpareCoins is an Open Source project and holds true to the philosophy of Bitcoin through decentralizing online wallets whilst maintaining convenience. The ultimate vision is to facilitate transactions that were previously impossible, such as the ANYONECANPAY and MULTISIG protocols. We welcome developers to fork the repo on Github. The app is built on top of AngularJS and Bitcoinjs-lib.
- (2017-08-27) alex: NOT WORKING AND IDENTIFIED DEVELOPER NOT WORKING IN 2017 - https://github.com/BitcoinMafia/SpareCoinsExt/network
- (2016-03-16) kamran shehzad: I loved it when I downloaded it and it served my purposes perfectly!!
- (2016-03-10) Nipu Barua: I use this extension,it's relay wonderful.
- (2016-03-10) Taharul Islam: Thanks for this extension, because it is very nice.
- (2016-03-10) Linda Mary: I believed, it is a unique ides of chrome extension.
- (2015-07-19) Олег Благодарь: Cool!
- (2013-12-12) Fab Mackojc: Works really well but I wish it was available on Firefox as well.
- (2013-12-12) Joshua Riddle: Simple, elegant, lightweight. Great extension!
- (2013-12-12) Ed Hooper: Really enjoying this plugin as a way to send coins easily.
- (2013-12-12) Lauren Tan: Great extension! I've always wanted to try bitcoin but I was afraid about the security of online wallets that kept getting hacked. Definite must have!
- (2013-12-11) Dean Magee: Loved it. Makes things so much easier.
- (2013-12-11) Jason Lim: One of the more practical BTC wallets out there. Don't see why anyone shouldn't give this a try.
- (2013-12-11) Joseph Valente: Awesome wallet. I've found myself using bitcoin a lot more since I installed this, great to have it right there.
- (2013-12-11) Jon Lampart: Awesome, lightweight wallet. Perfect for quickly and easily sending small (or large) amounts of coin.
- (2013-12-11) B L: Straightforward, simple, no weird permissions. I'll take it!
- (2013-12-11) Alex Ray: Like it has been said before. It's a simple and secure wallet for bitcoin in the browser where it should be !
- (2013-12-11) Rob Skillington: Simple and secure, great to see a wallet in the browser.
- (2013-12-11) Sam Stewart: It sends bitcoins. It's easy. It works. What more do you need?
- (2013-12-11) Sanchivaran Thavarajah: Just what I have been looking for to make bitcoin purchasing easy!
- (2019-06-04, v:1.0.13) Michael Hayes: Sparecoin Chrome Extension
Sparecoin wallet will not let me send BTC. The $$ is in the wallet and I can't get it out. I can't afford this.
- (2017-08-27, v:1.0.13) alex: STOP INSTALLING THIS !!!
Wallet not allowing coins to be spent properly - Contact Developers here .. https://github.com/BitcoinMafia/SpareCoinsExt/network/members
- (2017-08-27, v:1.0.13) alex: Here is the developers website
The Sparecoin.io website has gone .. he as the developers website ..https://github.com/BitcoinMafia/sparecoinsext/issues/new GO THERE AND ASK THEM TO FIX THIS EXTENSION !!! DO NOT USE AT THIS TIME !
- (2017-08-27, v:1.0.13) alex: WALLET NEEDS FIXING
The wallet does not allow all coins to be used ..Also does not allow us to save the mnenonic phrase or password .. Please FIX this wallet as I believe coins for BCC should have been added and this is possibly causing this ..
- (2017-03-28, v:1.0.13) Robert Brennan: How to Restore Backed Up Wallet
Hello, I'm having an issue with my wallet, in that it will not populate the amount at all. I'm an IT BA, and one of my developers is looking at it. I figured you'd be able to help me quickly (I hope, I have $2,000 in it...). I have the password and I have the backup file, so what do I do...? Please let me know. Thanks!
- (2015-11-15, v:1.0.13) Arik Givhan: i "hide" app and cant find
how do i recover have 32 $ in there
- (2015-07-22, v:1.0.13) Олег Благодарь: no send
I can not send out of your purse .. it does not work ... what should I do? I have come to a payment ... and I change my address I can not