This addon restores the forums removed from IMDb and you can continue posting to them on filmboards.com
This extension adds a forum teaser of the message boards archived at filmboards.com. Not affiliated with imdb.com.
- (2020-10-25) Sohan Sadam: I loved IMDB for its message board. I really missed the discussions of seemingly inane details and banter on the forums. I can't thank this person enough for restoring at least a little bit of what it used to be.
- (2019-09-18) ytubeanon: Very nice site, but I have the same issue as Candie Foss. hmm, according to the screenshot used on this addon's Overview page, the results are intentional and not a malfunction. It shows the Dunkirk movie IMDB page with 6 posts with no links to view more posts or go to next pages. The addon produces exactly what's shown in the screenshot. One has to leave the site to see the posts on filmboards.com which has hundreds of Dunkirk posts over 9 pages, which defeats the purpose.
- (2018-10-09) James: Works a charm! Thank you for creating this app!
- (2017-04-24) Lisa Rodriguez: DO NOT DOWNLOAD!! It gave me a VIRUS!! All of a sudden after downloading it froze my computer. When I restarted my computer I'm getting all these porn pop-ups on my desktop.
- (2017-03-13) David West: This is a fantastic extension, and I'm incredibly thankful to the person who put in all the work to create it. For over a decade now I've checked the IMDb forums whenever I watch a new film to see what people are saying about it. Having at least some semblance of that ability back is amazing. There is a treasure trove of information on those boards, and at least now I will always be able to use them to learn interesting things about old films.
- (2017-03-12) n ascentt: Great. Really hope it supports reference view soon.
- (2017-03-12) Candie Foss: I like it for looks but it doesn't show all the post/threads on all films. For example: I looked up, Memento, and only about 8 threads were there. That film has at least 25 threads! I have to go to filmboards.com to see the rest so what's the point of this extension when I end up having to go to another site to view everything? It doesn't make sense.
- (2019-03-24, v:1.8) John Baker: No Longer Working
Forum Addon is no longer working in Chrome 73. It worked as advertised until this version update. Firefox version is still working fine.
- (2017-06-18, v:0.3) Does Not work in "Classic View"
It does work when "Classic View" is turned off. Thanks for this useful tool.
- (2017-03-12, v:0.3) n ascentt: reference
Thank you for the time and effort with this extension. Sadly it doesn't work with reference view. Could you please support reference view for pages? (Called classic view in imdb options) etc: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2497226/reference http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1738321/reference http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075314/reference
- (2017-03-08, v:0.1) James Sinfield: Failed to work.
Doesn't work! I tried... "Horror Europa with Mark Gatiss" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2497226/combined "A History of Horror with Mark Gatiss" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1738321/combined "Taxi Driver" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075314/combined ALL FAILED to show old IMDb message board activity??