Find, mute or show the current hashtags in your stream and show in middle bar
Google+ Extension to find, mute and show the current hashtags in your stream. The extension shows the hashtags in your Google+ stream in the middle bar (white bar). Hashtags are listed with counts and can be muted or subscribed. Muting hashtags bans the hashtags from your stream, so you don't see the posts with these hashtags anymore. You can mute on or more hashtags. Subscribing hashtags creates a unique stream with only posts that contain your subscribed hashtags. You can subscribe one or more hashtags. Muting and subscribing can be temporarily switched on or off to see the original stream or just the stream based on muted/subscribed hashtags. New in Version 0.49.1 - Bugfix because of G+ update - Remove hashtag mark and show hashtags as buttons (experimental) - Bugfix for view window of hashtag posts The extension is still beta. Feedback and Review very much welcome. v 0.48.0 - Smaller list of hashtags with more button, speedups and better view handling v 0.47.1 - Speed optimizations for better performance v 0.47.0 - Pin the hashtag widget to the top of the middle bar v 0.46.0 - View button for hashtag posts v 0.45.7 - Fixed a quirk because of a small G+ layout change v 0.45.6 - Fixed reset button and some layout fixes and new sort order for hashtags v 0.45.5 - Mute button fixed, some speedups, bug fixing (subscribing still off)
- (2020-03-11) Yendry Suarez: No explican como usarlo
- (2016-06-28) Zachary Yaro: The extension simply does not work. The pop-up toolbar bubble and options page contain no actual settings, and it does not make any controls appear on plus.google.com.
- (2015-07-03) Szilágyi Zoltán: not working
- (2014-12-25) Dimdim Sumsum: It doesn't work.
- (2014-10-30) Electra Flarefire: Looked promising. Would love to see it working with new G+
- (2014-06-27) Travis H: Does not work.
- (2014-04-01) I don't see the list of hashtags any longer. The extension is just overhead now, and useless.
- (2014-03-10) Tamara Pruessner: Not happy this is no long working. :( There are lots of hashtags I don't want to see and I thought this would be perfect. :(
- (2014-03-01) Doesn't work
- (2014-02-27) Rebecca Johnson: This extension was great, did what it was suppose to do, but I deleted it a LONG TIME AGO b/c it stopped working.I just tried it again AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!! Please fix this so I can mute some ridiculous & useless hashtags.
- (2014-02-21) Ben Kulleseid: Not working. Unable to mute hashtags.
- (2014-02-15) does not work at all.
- (2014-01-10) Paweł Rabinek: Rozszerzenie w ogóle nie działa.
- (2013-12-01) Rodrigo Silveira: Seems broken - doesn't work at all...
- (2013-11-23) John Lewis: Please fix for newest version of Google+ !!! I need to filter!
- (2013-10-28) Worked okay til Google I/O on 15th May when G+ changed to the cards layout that no one asked for. Devs, please bring this back! I'd PAY to have certain hashtags out of my stream.
- (2013-08-29) Jamie Fellrath: This app used to work wonderfully until Google changed the format of G+. Since they moved to the "cards" format, this extension doesn't work at all.
- (2013-05-24) At the present time this is broken, and there has been no news if it is ever going to be updated. Google moved the goal posts yet again and now there is no way to filter stupid hashtag posts on G+... I am yet again subjected to a deluge of pathetic picture posts that are more appropriate for facebook than G+
- (2013-05-16) Michael Hazen: It was great until today when G+ rolled out the update. THat is to be expected though. I hope the author can get it working again
- (2013-02-19) Aljoscha Rittner: No filter function. :-/
- (2013-02-18) Наталія Саражинська: Было удобно очень, но до сих пор не работает - всё пропало.... Отключила уже все лишние, которые с хэштегами связаны, но увы.
- (2013-02-07) Paul Simbeck-Hampson: Loved it (when it used to work) - any idea when this will get fixed?
- (2013-02-07) Ron Whitmire: Not working for me at all at this time. Too bad, most useful extension I know of. Hope it is fixed by #caturday.
- (2013-02-04) Michael Tomlinson: At this time, it isn't functional. The hashtags were all converted to boxes (which is pretty neat) but there aren't any options to filter. I'll be checking back to see if this extension is updated, though.
- (2013-02-03) Michael Ireland: I am on an Ubuntu linux machine,, so I am unsure whether or not this is a factor. This extension did not work at all for me, in fact it had an unexpected negative effect in that it removed the actual hash mark (#) from the hashtags on my stream. This didn't have any severely long-term effect, other than that it disallowed me from using CTRL-F to search out hashtags on my existing page. I am going to uninstall it.
- (2013-02-09, v:0.49.0) TB McQueen: Is this still being developed?
The extension is currently broken...is it being worked on? Should I look for a replacement?
- (2013-01-01, v:0.49.0) TB McQueen: Please add options
I don't like the way it now also reformats hashtags in posts to remove the #, and then also putting them at the bottom as buttons. Please add config options so I can opt out of that part of it.
- (2012-12-10, v:0.49.0) Nathan Amos: Not compatible with new hash format
The extension still works with hashtags that are posted using the new format - in which the actual hash disappears once the post is live, and any hashtags listed in the post appear at the bottom. For posts that still retain the # (mostly mobile posts, I think), it does not recognize nor filter them. Please update
- (2012-07-24, v:0.47.0) ted kelly: +tags
Actually no complaints. I love it. I just couldn't see to get the review to take my input... Any chance you could do one for +tags too ? For example, I can block someone but if their stuff gets reposted and they are tagged I still have to see it. Thanks for a great extension.
- (2012-07-09, v:0.44) hashtags in comments
This extension is brilliant. It actually works and is much needed,users have requested Google to make this and they didn't,you came through,so thanks. I have seen one issue that is kinda of a problem however,it works too good! If someone posts a hashtag in the comments then the entire thread becomes blocked. I had to unblock hashtags that I wanted blocked just to see my own post because of this. Is it possible to limit the block of hashtags in the post and disregard any tags in the comment section? I also noticed that I have missed relevant post that I would be interested in that had nothing to do with the hashtag in question because someone used the hashtag in the comments. Thhanks for reading.