Chrome Web Filter
"Safe Web" s a simple light-weight, but yet powerful Parental Control / Web Filter / Porn Blocker, that filters websites according to their category. It has all the features that can be found to other Anti-Porn / Anti-Malicious PRO applications. Unlike other similar extensions, it filters websites based on sophisticated algorithms, not just their text content (e.g. words: porn, sex, anal, e.t.c.), so it works on all websites even those written to Arabic and Chinese languages. "Safe Web" respects your privacy and doesn't store any information to Cloud. [+] General features: - Integrated solution for all Web Browsers (Chrome, Firefox & Microsoft Edge). - Stealth mode functionality. - Password protected configuration page. - Date and time that extension was last enabled, so you can check if someone remove and reinstall the extension. - 28 website categories that can be filtered (including porn, adult, malicious, gambling, social networking and others). - Website whitelist & blacklist. - Choice to deny access to all websites, except these aren't explicitly whitelisted. - Forces specific search engines (google, yahoo, bing, yandex, duckduckgo) functionality, in family safe mode. All other search engines are substituted by google. - Choice to force youtube.com functionality, in restricted mode.
- (2021-05-19) Trace Akers: Great for enforcing whatever I please on chrome
- (2021-04-05) Magda Krawiec: kasia misztal
- (2020-12-07) Flint Stone: a "dangerous site" should be blocked before it even has a chance of loading and its contents seen by the user
- (2020-10-26) Om Sable: I loved it. It is a great and safe filter. But I have just one issue that it should ask password before it anyone can remove it or else it's of no use as anyone can simply remove it do whatever he or she wants and install it back as if nothing happened so this should be looked upon.
- (2020-03-29) Taiara Peter: You cannot edit the blocked content, you cannot add a website in the list of sites that you consider apporpriated to your kid. You cannot allow youtube and cannot pause the extension. In the Chrome's extensions management section, there is no way to include a website in a "permit" list
- (2020-03-12) Matt Durcan: Works well: applies rules to incognito browsing too, protects itself against removal with password. Sadly Microsoft (as usual) have somewhat undermined a great product with their new approach to EDGE family safety. You'd have a REAL winner if you included protection for EDGE too
- (2019-12-19) JHONATAN MANUEL ANCAJIMA VALDEZ: buen control, te deja tener mejor opciones
- (2019-09-08) flapman: Finally a working web filter without bugs and a really easy to use interface. Nice job.
- (2019-07-28) Anes Hamdani: really usefull if you want your kids to have safe internet surfing
- (2019-03-24) very good 4
- (2018-12-14) Eleftheria Kap: Great web filter! Very effective!Was searching for hours and I finally found the perfect web filter for the protection of my child! Great job!Well done!
- (2021-06-10, v:1.2.7) David Woodward: No options page
How do you get to the Options page? I don't have any way to customize it after the installation on ie. There is no "options" link or button.
- (2021-01-05, v:1.2.4) Our School: doesn't work
The extension no longer works in chrome. Blacklist websites open normally.
- (2020-07-01, v:1.0.7) Sarah Kingbird-Taublieb: forgot password
Hi, Is there a way to reset my password?
- (2020-06-03, v:1.0.7) Horsham Charsleys: Whitelist-only
I'd like to block all websites that aren't explicitly whitelisted. Is there a way to set this up?
- (2019-01-25, v:1.0.5) Riad Joseph: School website to categorize and mark as safe
Hi there, thank you for developing this and putting it out there for every parent to use. We have a school and its website is forestinternationalschool.com; KidsSafe chrome extension has flagged it as uncategorized and not safe. Any idea what could have triggered that please so I could adjust the website accordingly? The school's website is safe for kids, actually kids are encouraged to visit it with their guardian's help/approval. In my settings I had ticked "forbid uncategorized". So what can i add to the school's website that would allow your extension to recognize it as safe, please? Many thanks, looking forwards to your feedback. Best regards Riad for Forest International School Paris.