Block websites, that could harm your child.
"Kids Safe Web" is a simple light-weight, but yet powerful Parental Control / Web Filter, that filters websites according to their category. It has all the features that can be found to other Anti-Porn PRO applications. "Kids Safe Web" purpose is to keep your family member especially your kids safe while surfing the internet and it does it really good. [+] General features: - Password protected filtering options. - Date and time that extension was last enabled. - 28 website categories that can be filtered. - Website whitelist. - Website blacklist. - Permits specific search engines (google, yahoo, bing, yandex, duckduckgo) functionality, in family safe mode. All other search engines are substituted by google. [+] Website categories supported: - Uncategorized - Adult/Mature Content - Alcohol - Alternative Spirituality/Belief - Chat (IM)/SMS - Child Pornography - Controlled Substances - Extreme - Gambling - Games - Malicious Outbound Data/Botnets - Malicious Sources/Malnets - Marijuana - Mixed Content/Potentially Adult - Nudity - Personals/Dating - Phishing - Pornography - Potentially Unwanted Software - Proxy Avoidance - Scam/Questionable/Illegal - Sex Education - Sexual Expression - Social Networking - Spam - Suspicious - Violence/Hate/Racism - Weapons [+] Configuration 1. Click the top right "Kids Safe Web" icon 2. Select "Configure" [+] 1st Time Setup 1. Open Chrome Extensions page from Chrome menu (Chrome menu->More tools->Extensions) 2. Find "Kids Safe Web" extension and check "Allow in incognito" checkbox 3. Click the top right "Kids Safe Web" icon 4. Select "Configure" 5. Choose Password Protection "Yes" and fill in your desirable password into "Password" field. 6. Choose websites categories, extension will block 7. Press "Save" button 8. Right click the top right "Kids Safe Web" icon 9. Choose "Hide in Chrome menu" [+] Uninstall 1. Right click the "Kids Safe Web" icon 2. Choose "Remove from Chrome ..."
- (2020-03-29) Taiara Peter: You cannot edit the blocked content, you cannot add a website in the list of sites that you consider apporpriated to your kid. You cannot allow youtube and cannot pause the extension. In the Chrome's extensions management section, there is no way to include a website in a "permit" list
- (2020-03-12) Matt Durcan: Works well: applies rules to incognito browsing too, protects itself against removal with password. Sadly Microsoft (as usual) have somewhat undermined a great product with their new approach to EDGE family safety. You'd have a REAL winner if you included protection for EDGE too
- (2019-12-19) JHONATAN MANUEL ANCAJIMA VALDEZ: buen control, te deja tener mejor opciones
- (2019-09-08) flap man: Finally a working web filter without bugs and a really easy to use interface. Nice job.
- (2019-07-28) Anes Hamdani: really usefull if you want your kids to have safe internet surfing
- (2019-03-24) very good 4
- (2018-12-14) ELEFTHERIA KAPETANAKIS: Great web filter! Very effective!Was searching for hours and I finally found the perfect web filter for the protection of my child! Great job!Well done!
- (2020-07-01, v:1.0.7) Sarah Kingbird-Taublieb: forgot password
Hi, Is there a way to reset my password?
- (2020-06-03, v:1.0.7) Horsham Charsleys: Whitelist-only
I'd like to block all websites that aren't explicitly whitelisted. Is there a way to set this up?
- (2019-01-25, v:1.0.5) Riad Joseph: School website to categorize and mark as safe
Hi there, thank you for developing this and putting it out there for every parent to use. We have a school and its website is forestinternationalschool.com; KidsSafe chrome extension has flagged it as uncategorized and not safe. Any idea what could have triggered that please so I could adjust the website accordingly? The school's website is safe for kids, actually kids are encouraged to visit it with their guardian's help/approval. In my settings I had ticked "forbid uncategorized". So what can i add to the school's website that would allow your extension to recognize it as safe, please? Many thanks, looking forwards to your feedback. Best regards Riad for Forest International School Paris.