Use Clip Better to email link previews from anywhere on the web!
Hate sending raw URLs to your friends? Us too! Want a way to quickly get back to stuff that matters to you? Wish there was a way to share web pages via email as effortlessly and powerfully as you can on social media? Stop emailing ugly URLs and start doing something better. Welcome to Clip Better. Clip Better will create a rich snippet that includes an image, title, summary, link, and more so that you can quickly share web content with friends and know that they will can review a rich preview of the content that you are sharing before they click on the link. Features: • Create clips directly from webpages you want to capture • Automatically generate preview with image, title, link, summary, and more • Edit title and summary directly in preview • Quickly add personalized comments or notes • Advanced edit allows you to change the main image and more • Send with Gmail with a single click • Or copy the clip to your clipboard and use it in your favorite email client, word processor, or more • Easily undo changes • More features coming in the next release Latest version 1.2 released 2/10/2014 • Fixes an issue where the Send with Gmail button would not work in non-English languages Stay in touch: Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClipBetter Support: Have any questions or feedback? Please get in touch with our support team at [email protected]
- (2018-08-03) Jason Zoeller: This used to be really useful but it hasn't been updated in 4 years. Very infrequent that it works as it should. In it's current state, I wouldn't recommend it.
- (2018-03-27) Mark Zeta: It's good when you want to share via email, but nowadays I use facebook share extension to do it more often. So this extension has become less useful. I disabled this extension recently because it would clash with Amazon website. When viewing an item, I would select a size from the dropdown and the page would freeze.
- (2018-02-27) Derrick Jones: *UPDATE 2018: Images will not load* - Just what I was looking for. I have been looking for something like this for over an hour, after my search failed, I stumbled over this one. What luck.
- (2018-02-04) Benjamin Richardson: Absolutely loved it whilst it worked. Unfortunately for the last few months no image is pulled into the clip whilst using Chrome. Reinstalling Clip Better, Chrome and Windows itself has not resolved the issue. Try it though, if it works for you it is a fantastic way to send very engaging link previews.
- (2017-05-18) Jewel Grisham: It's perfect! Wish there was an android version!
- (2017-01-13) Larry Hultquist: Best link preview ever! I love it and use it daily. Unfortunately it seems to have stopped working. I've tried to get it to work the past week or so but no luck. Please, Please, Please get it up and running again!!!
- (2016-08-14) I too would pay not to have self advertisement.
- (2014-05-29) It's too bad, this is kind of half-finished, it seems. I expected this to save webpages, videos etc to a central location, like Springpad or Evernote. Instead, you have to manually send am email with the formatted link. I can't say this is very useful.
- (2014-05-01) Like many others I use this nearly every day. It is fantastic. And also like others I find the self advertisement annoying. It is easy enough to get rid of it manually, but I would happily pay not to have it.
- (2014-04-10) Wonderful extension, I wish it would do a tiny bit more. It would be great if it could directly go to the Gmail compose windows when clicking on the ClipBetter icon (instead of showing up the popup then clicking on send with Gmail). Or if you had a "Send To" field in the ClipBetter popup that is linked to your account so you can fill it directly with your contacts.
- (2014-02-17) This in my opinion is the best app for Chrome for sending links to a web page via Gmail. It will automatically insert a thumbnail and an extract from the article. Which is a lot more likely to generate a response than a raw URL. Its worth installing this app.
- (2014-01-18) Игорь Стрельников: Не работает отправка через Gmail заявленная в описании. При попытке отправки создает пустое письмо.
- (2014-01-16) Daniel De La Rosa: No more lame links on emails. Very cool!
- (2014-01-10) Kas M: I found this app really useful. Embedded link previews give a brief intro about the link with a related image. This makes the shared URL lot more interesting. The best part is you can change the images in the preview.
- (2014-01-09) Joseph Thibault: It'd be great to have a paid version that doesn't include the advert.
- (2014-01-07) Shane Lear: I truly love this app. It saves a click or two because it has Gmail baked in, plus it's a good alternative to url shorteners. Simply press the app button that opens up a new Gmail compose window and fill in the recipients name and send. It's brilliant!
- (2013-10-10) Andy Steuer: Super easy way to share web pages and articles with your friends.
- (2013-09-11) Patrick Kann: Simple and functional. I use it literally every day.
- (2013-09-09) Ryan Hudson: Nicely done.
- (2013-08-11) Gregory Morse: Just tried this out. So helpful.
- (2013-07-26) John Hutt: Stop sending blind links! This great add-on allows you to easily email informative snippets (with embedded links) so your recipient can see at a glance what your email is all about. If only I could get my wife to use it . . .
- (2013-07-25) David Tomey: The perfect tool to embed links into my reports...really makes Word docs present well to clients.
- (2013-07-25) Cathryn Bird: Awesome product!
- (2018-09-25, v:1.2.0) Not saved to Sent
With the latest Gmail update Gmail will not save to Sent email the first time I click send. It tells me to try again, and works the next try.
- (2017-10-29, v:1.2.0) Shane Lear: Missing Image
Please fix this extension. I realize it's probably no longer supported by the maker, but if you could take the time to fix it, I, for one, would appreciate it. I use it all day long and there's nothing else out there quite like it. PLEASE.
- (2017-10-16, v:1.2.0) Images Missing
Images aren't showing up in the snippet. I've tried changing the image URL and I still get nothing. I'm running Chrome version 61.
- (2017-07-19, v:1.2.0) Raphael Jolivet: Accents in title / description
Hi, I think there is a problem with character encoding. Accents in title / description are not rendered properly. Here for instance : http://www.telerama.fr/monde/ernst-zurcher-quand-on-entend-la-foret-il-faudrait-mettre-autre-chose-en-route-que-l-intellect,160747.php Appart from this, I think this extension is great ! thanks ...
- (2017-01-17, v:1.2.0) Larry Hultquist: Yes! It's working!!
Thanks Clip Better! It's working today!!
- (2017-01-13, v:1.2.0) Larry Hultquist: Not Working
Hasn't been working the past couple of weeks. When I click on it the box opens but it says loading but never loads an image or url
- (2017-01-12, v:1.2.0) Pierre-Alain Cotte: Not working?
...since a few days (2016/Jan 2017)
- (2017-01-09, v:1.2.0) Juanale Hdez. Mateo: NOT WORKING
is this extension working in this moment??? ... it´s not in my computer.
- (2016-12-14, v:1.2.0) Shane Lear: Not working
This extension hasn't worked for me in the last day or so. Is it down or something?
- (2016-10-13, v:1.2.0) not workin
when i click on send with gmail it opens a new gmail windows (would be nice to use my already always open gmail tab) and start a new mail, with nothing in it, no link, no preview, no title, nothing