Automatically Bcc any email address whenever you send an email in Gmail™
After you specify an email address to be Bcc'ed, this extension will automatically add that address to the Bcc box every time you compose (or forward, or reply to) an email in Gmail™. This auto-Bcc extension provides a Bcc Me dropdown menu that appears at the top of the Gmail™ page. The dropdown menu (which can be hidden) allows you to quickly pause the extension's functionality or set other options. This extension can be used in combination with Email to Salesforce, or Highrise's dropbox addresses. NOTE: This extension has not yet been updated to work with Gmail's new compose windows (introduced in October): http://goo.gl/RKGnK
- (2019-05-12) Harvey Carpenter: Hi Kent, this extension doesn't seem to work anymore. I made a new one ("Auto BCC All - for gMail"), which is also free. Let me know if you'd like to move users over.
- (2018-11-23) Amit Kankani: Great while it worked, stopped working on new GMAIL update
- (2018-09-24) Ravi Ramachandran: Stopped working after the new Gmail upgrade. Otherwise a very nice application.
- (2018-09-19) I love this extension, and it now no longer works in the new gmail interface. Please update!
- (2018-06-01) Carl Sundermann: Does not work in new Gmail interface.
- (2018-05-30) Hez: [update 5/30/18] I just realized it hasn't been working since i switched to the new gmail. Very disappointing! [original] It's much better than Auto Bcc for Gmail The only problem is that it's not compatible with inbox by google and it's not easy to turn it off as needed. But this is more 'in the background' than Auto Bcc, and there's no annoying popup!
- (2018-02-23) Waqas Tariq: It works, haven't been updaated in ages though and does not have the ability to differentiate between accounts.
- (2016-06-14) Obi Chinyere-Ezeh: Just didn't work. Using google chrome and tested it out putting the forwarding address there myself. Just did not work at all.
- (2016-06-01) Jonathan Tynes: So far, an AWESOME APP.. and with NO SPAM like AUTOBCC. Good Job Kent Hu for making this.
- (2016-04-28) Dimitris Anagnostou: Great extension! Works seemlessly, and does not delay like AutoBCC that has just added spamware. This is pure BCC. Highly recommended!
- (2016-04-18) Jonas Akuart: Not updated since 2012, and does not work. As the only other viable extension for Chrome (AutoBCC) just decided to inject adware into all their non-paying customers' browsers, it would be super nice if this one worked. Any chance of an update, Kent? Thanks!
- (2014-09-15) Sandreano P Silva: todo email que eu respondo ou crio novo email, ele coloca automaticamente com cópia oculta para um outro email pré-determinado por mim, isto é ótimo, pois agora tenho backup no yahoo de todo email que eu enviar através do gmail.
- (2014-06-10) Adam Tidwell: Works but I can't turn it off or pause. Since I use other gmail accounts it BCC's all the account and I can't make it stop. I do not have the black bar at the top of the screen that says contact, BCC Me and the other things. Help please
- (2014-04-02) Jassem Shahrani: I also would like several of the features people have noted: * ability to turn on/off per gmail account (ex. use with work email but not with personal... like the CRM forwarding case) Note: I found a workaround to the issue above; you can effectively turn it off on a gmail account if you open that account in an Incognito window. * ability to configure a blacklist of email addresses for which it will NOT inject the BCC email (allowing this config on a per gmail account basis would be nice as well) * ability to remove the automatic BCC email from a given email (even when you remove it from an email's BCC field, it re-injects itself almost immediately) That said, it is helpful for pushing things to a CRM from email automatically; this is a good first crack at solving that problem. Thanks Kent Hu!
- (2014-03-21) Jairaj Matharu: Useful app, would be wonderful if it only bcc from certain gmail addresses too i.e. if you have multiple gmail accounts open in different tabs.
- (2013-12-31) Jeff H: Liked it a lot at first, but it stopped working and I can't get it to work again. Re-installed the extension, even re-installed Chrome and the extension.
- (2013-09-18) Jason FENG: Need help. After I hide it, I couldn't find it out to edit more people to bcc. Anyone could help? Thank you.
- (2013-09-04) Kushtrim Junuzi: super
- (2013-09-01) Sam Bridges: Work with new compose
- (2013-08-21) As with others very useful for CRM bcc, but like Matthew new compose interface means I'm getting multiple BCC items, although in my case without needing to click the BCC window.
- (2013-08-19) Matthew Cochran: This doesn't work with GMail's new (mandatory) compose windows. Google has fouled everything up. You must now click the "Bcc" link in the compose window to open up that field, whereupon the BccMe extension will populate it. But it KEEPS ON populating it, again and again, every time you move between the To: or Cc: fields.
- (2013-08-15) Madelyn Mackie: It works for the most part and automatically BCC's my CRM on every email I send. Though I do not want to bcc every single email, it is better to have too many than forget to forward a client correspondence. I agree with all the other reviews. Since it is a Chrome extension, it also forward ALL my emails from my personal gmail account (which is usually open in another tab in my chrome browser), so I have to remember to turn it off when I click between tabs. Would love if it would show the BCC box and then I could just delete the address if I did not want to forward the message. Or if I could pick which email addresses would use the feature.
- (2013-06-16) Andy Pearson: This is a really useful app for sending emails into a CRM system. However, what would make it much more useful is the ability to only link it certain gmail addresses/accounts.
- (2013-04-17) my bcc does not work ....have tried all possible things..kindly suggest..
- (2013-04-09) needs to support 1) multiple gmail accounts/alias and 2)the new compose layout
- (2013-04-07) 小田垣栄司: Gmailの新しくなった新規メール作成のウィンドウ。これにも対応してもらえると嬉しい。
- (2020-12-18, v:0.1.2) Ari Goldberg: Only works on new messages. Need for replies and forwards
Only works on new messages. Need for replies and forwards.
- (2020-11-20, v:0.1.2) Mike Doolittle: auto-bcc only for certain senders
I have setup the ability to have multiple sender accounts in gmail with "Reply from the same address the message was sent to" turned on. Currently: your extension adds a BCC to ALL mail outgoing mail. Desired: I'd like to add a BCC only when a specific sender is selected. Is that something you've considered adding?
- (2020-03-18, v:0.1.2) Will Campbell: BCC
Hello! Why does my BCC not automatically show up in the BCC field of the email in Gmail? Why do I have to click on it for it to show up? Thank you!
- (2020-03-15, v:0.1.2) Millard J Melnyk: Hi, loving your extension, question...
Is there a way to add to the Site access list on the extension details page under "Automatically allow access on the following sites"? It defaults to "http://mail.google.com/*" and "https://mail.google.com/*". I have several Gmail accounts, 4 of which I'm continuously, concurrently logged into. I only want automatic Bcc-s from one of them. I'd merely like to change the access list entries to "http://mail.google.com/3/*" and "https://mail.google.com/3/*". How can I do that?
- (2019-06-26, v:0.1.2) Juan Cantu Jr: multiple copies on emails
Hello. I use your extension with gmail and my email address auto CCs (like i want) and it also puts the same email in the BCC two more times (which i do not want). Is there a way to limit this to only ONE copy (whether in CC or BCC)?
- (2019-04-09, v:0.1.2) Sabina Colleran: stopped auto populating
hi! this feature only works for me now when i click on the "bcc" button in each email i send. it doesn't autopopulate. please help!!
- (2019-03-08, v:0.1.2) Michael Rauth: Stopped working with new Gmail update
As others have described, the automatic feature no longer works. I have to manually click on the BCC field in the email for it to fill in the BCC address. If I do not click the BCC field, no BCC is sent. Any plans to fix this?
- (2019-03-03, v:0.1.2) Harvey Carpenter: potentially acquiring BCC Me For Gmail
Hey Kent, would you be open to parting with BCC Me For Gmail? All the best, Harvey
- (2018-11-15, v:0.1.2) Gmail Update
Hi guys, love this extension, it used to save me hours of work but unfortunately it appears to have stopped working with the new Gmail update. Are you set to update ? Thanks!
- (2018-10-22, v:0.1.2) Enterprise level access
We have 30 users, do you have an enterprise rate?
- (2018-10-12, v:0.1.2) Jared Prazen: Not Working in New Gmail Interface
Echoing the same problem being experienced by many others. Are there any plans to update functionality for the new Gmail interface, or should we look for other options?
- (2018-10-08, v:0.1.2) Does not work as intented in new Google UI
This still functions in the new UI, but requires manually clicking the BCC field to add the address to the outgoing email. Are there plans to update this? It is a major asset to us!
- (2018-09-24, v:0.1.2) Ravi Ramachandran: Stopped working after the new Gmail upgrade
Thank you for the awesome work you did to put this extension, saved us a quiet a bit. Now it has stopped working after the new Gmail upgrade. Could you please help?
- (2018-09-21, v:0.1.2) BCC not working with new Gmail
Hello, I have switched to the new Gmail interface and the automatic BCC is not working anymore. Can you please update this functionality for the new Gmail? Thanks!