SnooTube for YouTube™
A Chrome extension that embeds Reddit comments, in your YouTube Comments. Works with the new Polymer Design layout! - Fixed load more - Fixed minimize comments button -Thanks xlexi & KoffeinFlummi (Might break every so often)
- (2019-05-30) Jurij Fedorov: It never once worked for me. I thought it was faulty software as most apps on Chrome, but then I saw positive reviews and thought something else may be wrong. I just reinstalled it and suddenly it started working. Let's see how it works. The function is extremely useful at least and all users need such an app for sure.
- (2019-05-20) Joshua Kok: It's great but it's stopped working for a while until it's updated
- (2019-05-19) Joseph Dennehy: Uninstalled and Reinstalled and the extension works for me again.
- (2019-04-22) NaBim: It's been broken since the last Chrome Update. If anyone wants a temp. solution to fix this, go to chrome://flags/#network-service on your browser and Disable Network Service and then Relaunch your browser. The extension should work now.
- (2019-04-10) Tom: workaround to the latest bug: logoff from reddit. This restores this extension's functionality. Hopefully it will get a permanent fix soon.
- (2019-04-08) Terry: Recent Chrome update broke it. 3* until we can get an update from the dev.
- (2019-04-03) Michael LaFrance: It was a great program till it died on the latest upgrade. I give it four stars for the past performance. But since it's dead now...oh, well. Hope the dev is still around and patches it.
- (2019-04-02) Martin Stohanzl: Broke atm, best extension for well rounded comments and background infos.
- (2019-03-31) Šarūnas: Broken with new reddit/youtube update. Doubt this will get updated anytime ever lol
- (2019-03-30) Vegard Vistad: Doesn't work anymore
- (2019-03-29) Adrian Rădulescu: Apparently no longer works unfortunately.
- (2019-03-29) Linus Närkling: You broke Reddit :( SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input at JSON.parse (<anonymous>) at Request.onSuccess (chrome-extension://nnkpagjmddndhnkiecjecfknleggbhfo/js/script.js:2566:47) at HttpRequest.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://nnkpagjmddndhnkiecjecfknleggbhfo/js/script.js:367:29)
- (2019-03-29) Alect Prasad: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input at JSON.parse (<anonymous>) at Request.onSuccess (chrome-extension://nnkpagjmddndhnkiecjecfknleggbhfo/js/script.js:2566:47) at HttpRequest.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://nnkpagjmddndhnkiecjecfknleggbhfo/js/script.js:367:29)
- (2019-03-25) Sarick Shah: No longer works for me ... any plans on an update...
- (2019-03-20) M D: I love it, but please add a toggle feature between youtube and reddit comments or hide and show feature for reddit comments!
- (2019-02-03) z: Oddly enough, the extension only works in incognito mode, and not in the regular browser. Even when I turn off all my other extensions, it only starts to load, before the youtube comments show up and takes its place.
- (2019-01-22) I dont use this extension as a shortcut to comment or engage on reddit posts, I mainly use it to discover if the content that I am watching has been shared on reddit on an interesting sub, that way I end up discovering various interesting subs that I didnt know existed. So by that use I love this extension, this was written on 22 January 2019.
- (2019-01-14) This REALLY needs a quick on/off toggle so I don't have to literally remove it from chrome when I want to read youtube comments for a while. As of right now, removal is the only way (as far as I can tell) and it's way too much of a hassle. Alientube allowed the user to switch between youtube and reddit comments, and this desperately needs the same option. PLEASE INCLUDE IN THE NEXT UPDATE so that I can finally KEEP this extension once and for all.
- (2019-01-03) Joshua: Missed Alientube for so long, and this seems to be a great successor.
- (2018-12-27) D. Chow: I liked it at first being able to see reddit comments on YouTube; however, when i tried to submit a comment, the submit button did not work. Additionally, it kept saying I was interupting the connection or something. I wasn't. I had not changed anything about the connection. I just enabled and disabled it. It just seems incomplete so far.
- (2018-10-06) ElectricHydra: Works without a hitch, and even has options to not show filtered subs or posts/comments below a certain threshold
- (2018-09-08) Denzil Manivannan: Really liked this extension. I would like to see an option to use the reddit redesign and maybe an option to sign into your account to upvote/downvote comments.
- (2018-07-11) Jumbo Worms: Alien tube stopped working for me, this works perfectly
- (2018-07-01) Gabriel Mellem: Awesome
- (2018-06-13) Sebastián Blanco: Works.
- (2019-04-06, v:3.1) Rapha'el Ben Yisra'el: Recently extension has not shown video's information/Found solution:
"Chrome 72 introduced a bug that causes some network issues with extensions. Apparently it's been fixed, however the issue is still present in Chrome 73 for me. The workaround for now is to go to chrome://flags/#network-service, set this option to "Disabled", click "Relaunch Now" on the bottom right, and try opening a video again." I found this solution on another YouTube extension that was having similar problem.
- (2019-03-16, v:3.1) Huy Ho: not working
Only receiving this error. Extension still works in incognito mode SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input at JSON.parse (<anonymous>) at Request.onSuccess (chrome-extension://nnkpagjmddndhnkiecjecfknleggbhfo/js/script.js:2566:47) at HttpRequest.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://nnkpagjmddndhnkiecjecfknleggbhfo/js/script.js:367:29)
- (2019-02-22, v:3.1) Allan Raymond: Double Scrollbars
Hello! This plugin seems to cause double scrollbars on youtube. I'm not sure exactly the conditions that cause it, but I think I've narrowed it down to snootube.
- (2018-12-30, v:3.1) Comments are Disabled
Currently, if comments are disabled, it will hide the reddit comments as well. I think not doing this would be a good feature.
- (2018-07-26, v:3.1) Marek J: Switch between YT and Reddit comments.
As the title says - there's no way to switch between YT/Reddit and if there's no post on Reddit about given video - comment section will be empty
- (2018-06-09, v:3.1) Joseph Sundita: Link color
When youtube has the dark themed enabled, reddit comments containing links are indistinguishable from regular comments. The link color is not blue, they are white like all the others which make it annoying to find.
- (2018-03-16, v:2.91) It's not working
Am i supposed to do something to turn it on? youtube is still displaying youtube comments. the only change is a checkbox which I checked.
- (2017-11-12, v:2.7) GiraffeCubed: Dark
How do you get the Reddit comments to show dark in dark theme?
- (2017-11-06, v:2.7) Jeroen van Houten: Can't switch back to YouTube comments
The G+ button is there, but if I press it the place where the comments are supposed to show just stays blank. Same thing the other way around: If I set it to show YouTube comments first, when I press the reddit button, it just doesn't show anything.