Control Youtube™ videos from any web page
Play and pause Youtube™ videos from any other web page or even when Chrome is in the background. Up to two shortcuts can be set to control video playback. To set shortcuts for this extension, navigate to chrome://extensions/shortcuts
- (2020-01-10) Murk Fisher: Perfect for play/pause videos while gaming on fullscreen/multi-monitor. Keyboard shortcuts can be edited at: chrome://extensions/shortcuts I use [CTRL]+[Space].
- (2019-10-17) Romário Huebra: Very useful
- (2019-10-06) Zsuzsanna Vári: Finely designed & extremely useful little extension for all those can't live without YouTube like me. 😅 Works smoothly like a charm. 👍🌟
- (2019-07-16) Jens Lotterer: Works as designed
- (2019-04-16) Jonathan Rios: Best controller for youtube on this store
- (2019-04-07) Rex Catipay: The extension is great. One shortcoming however is that I can't map media play/pause button to it. It shows that it is mapped to the media play/pause button but pressing the button does nothing. Would love to get this fixed in the near future so that I can use my bluetooth headset to control playback. Still a fantastic extension and would highly recommend.
- (2019-03-26) Vinicius Xavier: Uso para pausar a aba oculta, funciona muito bem.
- (2019-02-27) Love it when it works, but more often than not when I click on it, it comes up blank. I have a number of videos up at one time, it has handled 2/3 videos before, so not sure what has happened.
- (2019-02-06) Luca Salvarani: Great... Just what i was looking for.. Simple, fast and clean.. If you have only one video open it allows to Play/Pause with just a click on the extension, while if you have more instances of youtube open at the same time it will show a list of the videos playing and you'll be able to Play/Pause and switch the volume On/Off It would be perfect if you could add the current timing of the video (ex. 2:01-3:45, maybe on the same row as Play/Pause and volume but on the right) without slowering this extension, otherwise no problem :) NOTE: In order to use this extension, after installing it you have to close and reopen Chrome Good job guys :)
- (2019-02-01) Luis Fernando Junior: That's the perfect solution for when i'm listening to full concerts and don't want to go to the tab to pause the video. I don't know if this is being maintained yet, but an option to advance/go back 10 seconds would be perfect.
- (2018-12-20) Works great!
- (2018-12-20) Mustafa KÜÇÜK: Nice (:
- (2018-10-19) Jeff Martin: Hotkey is super awesome :D Love it! Make sure you check the hamburger menu (top left) if you don't find it at the bottom of the screen like some users suggested.
- (2018-08-12) Rohan: Just what I wanted.
- (2018-06-27) Mike F.: No es tan buena, busquen Youtube playback control
- (2018-06-05) Константин Гадырка: Cool, thanks!
- (2018-03-05) David Peters: Works perfectly, including global Keyboard shortcuts
- (2018-02-27) Marek Wawrzos: I does what is expected
- (2018-02-12) Jahangir Iqbal: global hotkey is awesome. to find it or set it, goto chrome://extensions => scroll to bottom of page. => click keyboard shortcuts.
- (2018-02-04) John Chaney: Works great - but only for 2 videos. That's not bad, but it hard-maps to the first two videos you have open, i.e. if you have 3 videos open next to each other in a window, you can only control the leftmost ones, the rightmost can't be controlled. I wish it just mapped to the currently playing video. Also no play next/previous buttons is eh
- (2018-01-11) Paul Benson: I use this extension ALL THE TIME. I setup the global hot key and now I can quickly pause/play my YouTube music no matter what I'm doing on my computer.
- (2017-12-27) Riyaadh Fakier: Been using this extension for about 2 years now. It's freakin amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2017-09-08) Garrett Jones: Would be better if you had a skip button too
- (2017-07-17) Michał: Simple, does the job perfectly!
- (2017-05-03) G Peter: Thanks a lot for this gem! :) Previous / next buttons (with shortcut option) would make it simly perfect! :)
- (2019-01-30, v:0.10) Garrett Acree: Hotkeys require Chrome to be Active Window
This used to work globally but for whatever reason on my system it now requires Chrome to be the active window in order to Pause or Play. I use Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) My OS is macOS Mojave 10.14.2 Still a fantastic plugin
- (2018-10-14, v:0.10) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Doesn't work anymore
List ist empty when extension icon is clicked.
- (2018-07-09, v:0.10) Kevin Zhai: Pause All Videos Hotkey
Hello, I love your extension. I've been using it for a while now. I think you guys should implement a feature that allows users to pause all YouTube videos with a single hotkey. Ideally, how this would work is if you have two YouTube tabs open, one where a video is playing, and the other where the video is paused, then using this figurative hotkey should pause all the currently-playing videos, while leaving the paused ones alone. If the extension detects that all YouTube tabs' videos are paused, then the hotkey should then be able to resume all the videos too.
- (2018-06-14, v:0.10) How to set a NEW Hotkey
I just deleted my previous complaint right here like 1 minute ago. you can still change a hotkey it just moved. Open Extenuation menu chrome://extensions/ Click on the 3 Lines symbol thing (Top Left) And it will give you "Keyboard shortcuts" you can set a new hotkey there. I was seconds from turning on this forever when i found it.
- (2018-04-13, v:0.10) Abhishek Singh: Can't find hotkey option
I don't see any place to change/add hotkeys. The given info in the "overview" tab doesn't help :(
- (2018-02-27, v:0.10) Eric Fietz: Next/previous would be rad
Would be cool if it also allowed you to skip ahead and go back to previous video. Even cooler would be if it allowed a keyboard shortcut to interact with it.
- (2017-11-24, v:0.10) Cristian Radic-Hunter: Next/Previous
Hi, Thank you for developing the extension. I think a really nice thing to have is a next/previous button that would allow us to change the video. Other than that I find it really useful. Thank you, Cristian
- (2017-10-20, v:0.10) Hotkey no longer works
Hotkey to play/pause is no longer working as of a few weeks ago. Would really love to see it working again.
- (2016-09-08, v:0.7) Hotkey
is there a global hotkey for this? Thanks!