Enables click-to-dial functionality for phone numbers found in pages.
The click to call plugins will turn phone numbers on web pages into clickable links which can be used with Interactive Intelligence's clients. When clicking the links, the tel: uri is called for external applications like the desktop Interaction Client to handle. This extension can also use the web client to dial numbers if it is running in another Chrome tab. This is an open source project and not an official Interactive Intelligence product. Support for this extension is provided by the open source community and not Interactive Intelligence. Note to Microsoft Lync Users: When running Microsoft Lync, Lync will make itself the default handler for tel: uris. When using the click to dial web browser extensions, this causes Lync to try and handle the phone number instead of the .net client. Deploying this Addin will make sure that the client will handle the phone number. A client addin is available to fix this and is available at https://github.com/InteractiveIntelligence/TelUriRepair Download the release zip file from the releases tab in GitHub and unzip this file to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\ICUserApps\AddIns directory. If you don’t have a AddIns directory, just create one. Then exit out of your client and restart it.
- (2015-10-20) Matt Banzhaf: Works like a charm!
- (2015-04-15) Jason Dow: Not the intended purpose but I'm using it to send numbers to my lync client from chrome and it works great so far. The sad thing is that this is the best solution I found for that, a piece of software not intended for it. Either way, thanks devs.
- (2019-09-04, v:1.4) Shane Johnson: Text entry issue while extension is enabled.
When i'm trying to edit information (like on ticketing systems) it erases all of the text in the fields. (Descriptions field) This occurs with the Manage Engine Ticketing System and the Service Now ticketing system. When I turn the extension off that problem stops.
- (2018-08-02, v:1.4) Trying to use Lync and Click to Dial
When click to dial is turned on in chrome, the phone numbers become clickable but do not respond with Lync. Wondering if anyone else has this issue/a solution?
- (2016-05-09, v:1.4) Pure Cloud Implementation
Not sure if anyone is trying to use this with the pure cloud implementation but below is how I got it to work. Manually modified the Regisitry for the Tel protocol (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TEL\SHELL\OPEN\COMMAND\DEFUALT) to this ("<default install director>\PureCloud.exe" "/uri=%1"). Where the "default install directory" is the location where you installed the pure cloud client. The key to this is adding the "/uri=" in front of the %1. This will invoke purecloud client and make the dial out.
- (2016-03-17, v:1.4) "Options" not available
Installed but when i go to the Add In the "Options" is greyed out.
- (2016-03-16, v:1.4) nyaworld: "Options" is grayed out
"Options" is grayed out
- (2016-02-03, v:1.4) Nico Irano: Default Program
I recently downloaded skype and now my click to call automatically uses skype. I would like it to be connected with Lync instead of skype. How can I fix this?
- (2015-08-07, v:1.4) Jenn Lagura: not working
Hello, Having issues on dialing. When I click on a number on website, it doesn't associate it with my dialer, it's not doing anything. It used to work but suddenly stop working. Please help me out. Many thanks!
- (2015-07-17, v:1.4) Pramod P: It doesn't recognize salesforce console Numbers
It doesn't recognize Phone numbers from Primary tab of salesforce Console. Some time it works but if we get any record with bad phone number it stop recognizing phone numbers there after even we get good data.
- (2015-06-19, v:1.3) Garet Romeo: Using this with Mac
Keeps launching Facetime - any suggestions?
- (2015-04-16, v:1.3) Nerisha Bhajun-Visser: Does not access IC Click-ToDial
Hi. I have installed the IC Click-ToDial add-in, and have uninstalled Skype's Click to Dial add in, but when I try to click on a number on a web page, it still wants to open the Skype application.