Installs an unfolding sidebar for Discord channels and a button that hides/shows the Discord server list.
Hide Discord Sidebar is a Chrome extension for Discord users who find the Discord sidebar too huge and wish to minimize/hide it when they are not using it. This extension minimizes the channels list into a small left sidebar when it is not in use as well as installs a button on the top right corner that hides/shows the Discord server list. IMPORTANT: This extension is only meant to work on Discord in Chromium based browsers. Tested and working on Windows, Mac and Linux versions of Brave Browser and Chrome. Appreciate feedback/support in the reviews! Or email me at [email protected] Source code can be found at https://github.com/patrickxchong/hide-discord-sidebar. If you would like to support my work, buy me a coffee at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/patrickxchong.
- (2020-12-01) Abdallah N: It's great and solved my problem of the channel list taking too much space when I make my window smaller. My only suggestion is to make the sliding animation a bit smoother and maybe a system to see if there's a new message in another channel since I turned off the notification sound.
- (2020-11-05) Mr. Toast: yoooo this actually good. good job
- (2020-10-23) watermelon: I have trouble toggling it on and off? It still don't know what I did that turned it on. Usually extensions work after clicking it at the top right corner, but it didn't work in this case. Btw how do you turn the extension off? Sometimes when I fill up my entire screen with discord, I would rather leave the left side bars alone. I would really love a way to toggle the extension and off (if there isn't a way already).
- (2020-10-22) Tiger: loved it! it's a really awesome premise. I wish it worked for the app version, but it still works really good!
- (2020-10-18) Ehtada Yasin: thank u sooo much! helped me a lot watch a stream on half screen at a good size ;D
- (2020-10-15) Artprozew Gamer: It works! Thank you!
- (2020-10-05) Billy Siemer: hat reply pls thank you
- (2020-09-30) ellamunsayac_: this is an amazing extension that i use all the time for discord! :3 good job!
- (2020-09-11) Sam Shard: Very cool, it works to hide the server side bar. It would be amazing if you could hide the people side bar as well.
- (2020-08-05) Leonardo: That was what I was looking for. Thanks!
- (2020-08-02) Eric Duncan: Perfectly hides the channel list! Bonus points for being limited to "discord.com" domain sites only right out of the box!!! (I, like most people should, highly restrict my extensions). Note: I am using this on the Brave browser, a secure and ad-free Chromium derivative.
- (2020-07-27) Jefferson Pineda: bytt
- (2020-07-11) Darn Wern: Thanks for doing what Discord for some inane reason didn't do.
- (2020-03-28) Pablo hernandez: ¿PARA QUÉ SIRVE?
- (2020-03-25) Vincentius Marcell: This plugin doesn't work on chrome it keep show the sidebar all the time how do you even use this thing.
- (2020-01-13) TheExploitDude: Very useful when i am moderating on my website thanks for making it
- (2019-11-18) eLiZaBeTh b a h r :D: yeet it doesn't work at all
- (2019-10-03) Buck DeFore: Love it. Even optionally hides servers. Install this and embrace Ctrl/Cmd+K to get around. Leave the mouse people in their mouse dust.
- (2019-06-05) Robin Wagner: Would be nice if you could manually toggle the sidebar like the server list
- (2019-04-01) Jenny Shim: Why didn't I install this sooner????
- (2019-02-26) Ecárteo: xddd
- (2019-02-21) TheOutThereChannel: (emailed as well) great add-on until update Hi.. since the update 21 jan it stops pop out working with youtube if click 3 dots for live chat or live settings wont work until disable extension does it not check the domain is discordapp? like greasemonkey does also clicking icon for studio beta for google youtube wont work. icon shows accounts and feed back ver 2.5 of discord hide why its not part of discordapp any way is crazy. what are their coders doing
- (2019-01-28) muse: I keep Discord up in a tab at work, but I tuck it away to the side of my screen and can never make it as small as I'd like because of the sidebar. This plugin works like a charm. Thank you so much!
- (2018-12-01) Meko Mansy: Really Great, I've Always Liked Keeping My Apps And Games Clean And Tidy. This Has Solved My Problem For Discord!
- (2018-10-13) Erik Sliman: Great plugin! When using while trading, screen real-estate is at a premium, and this helps a lot.
- (2020-11-05, v:2.12) Simply Mya: The side bar won't pop back out??
Can I redo what I just did?
- (2020-10-02, v:2.12) Nathan Okorie: Discord Website
Does this work with the website because it's not doing anything when I click it
- (2020-09-06, v:2.12) Liza Perry: Togglable
Could you make it so the extension itself is togglable when you want both sidebars open? If that is a possibility, it doesn't work on Mac at the momment.
- (2020-08-04, v:2.12) Jenny Arachovity: is this against the Discord TOS?
what the title says, i wouldnt want to get my account suspended..
- (2020-06-10, v:2.12) James Chick: Support
What Operating Systems does this extension support? For example, does it support Chrome OS (Which I typically use), and does it support good ol' Linux?
- (2020-05-19, v:2.12) Remco Plasmeijer: Hide/show channel list toggle button suggestion
Would love a button to hide and show the channels as well. Currently I disable and enable to whole extension to do this. I mostly use it to have discord on the side of my screen with a very small window width:)
- (2020-05-14, v:2.12) J M: Server members sidebar
Love this! Works perfectly! My only suggestion is to add the same functionality to hide the online status of server members while inside of a server. It takes up just as much space and would be awesome if implemented. Thanks!
- (2020-05-11, v:2.12) DeTekt: Doesnt working
It doesnt working. Or im idiot, or this add is not working
- (2020-05-05, v:2.11) Joshua Folh: Dosen't work-domain change
Yes, this extension hasnt been working for me since the domain name was changed. I suspect that this change from discordapp.com to discord.com is the cause as the extension explicitly states that it is only "allow[ed] access on the following sites" "*://*.discordapp.com/*" Thank you for your time. This app has been extremely useful to me so fixing it asap would be great, and as soon as you do I will leave a 5 star review.
- (2019-10-13, v:2.10) elif aslan: uygulamaya giremiyorum
- (2019-03-18, v:2.6) vibin vibes: extinsion
nothing happens when i click on the little icon in the sidebar
- (2018-10-28, v:2.4) DROPEX _YT: Hide Discord Sidebar
Почему оно у меня не откриваться