When following is too much, but unfollowing is too harsh.
Whether it is a designer ultra-tweeting about some conference she is at or a venture capitalist intensely describing his pursuit of the always-elusive "inbox zero", sometimes you just want to mute someone you follow on Twitter. This extensions allows you to do just that. You can easily put accounts that you follow and hashtags that you wish would go away in the penalty box, where they will be silenced and feel shame. When you have deemed their sins absolved, you can let them out, free to fill your Twitter stream again. Open sourced @ https://github.com/jeffreyiacono/penalty-blox ... send me a PR!
- (2013-03-01) Grant: Amazing. Thank you Jeff Iacono for creating this extension. There are so many of them out there and yet they're all garbage and don't work. This one is absolutely perfect and simple. Very much appreciated.
- (2012-09-27) Anna G.: I really, really want to like this app like everyone else, but it's just not working? I've uninstalled and re-installed, relaunched and updated Chrome, restarted my computer, etc., but nothing! Help? :(
- (2012-09-26) This app is everything I could hope for! Except for the fact that it seems to work intermittently. I've found that it works for about a day, and then doesn't for 3 or 4 before it works again for another day. But when it works, it's perfect!
- (2012-08-01) Kai Cooper: Great extension, worked flawlessly, until the other day (July 30th, 2012). It no longer removes tweets. I'm pretty sure it's Twitter's fault. They've added some new features that seem to have broken this extension's ability to hide tweets. Will wait for an update (which is a bit overdue, anyway. ;) It could use the ability to block keywords, also, instead of just hash tags and usernames. Otherwise, it's a great extension! :)
- (2012-03-25) Iboro Umana: IT WORKS!!!!
- (2012-03-14) Nick: The first Chrome extension I've found that claims to mute Twitter users and actually WORKS! Simple, out-of-the-way and, best of all, functions with the newest version of Twitter.
- (2012-02-03) Paul Rosania: Awesome!
- (2012-01-25) Agustin Tashdjian: Update: It has some kind of bug that keeps my CPU usage above 50%!! Update2: New version solved the problem, thanks Jeff!! This app is great
- (2012-01-17) Piero Galastri: it correctly mutes selected users, but has no effects on hashtags *** update 17/01/12 *** now all works properly!
- (2012-01-16) Jay Buente: Love it! Be sure to not include the @ on user names.