Short.io browser extension
Using this plugin you can make short links and screenshots on your own domain
- (2020-08-28) Michael Ross: Initially I was happy with this extension - the short.io service in general is a great value for branded link shortening. Yesterday however I noticed the extension was disabled due to permissions creep - "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" was added. By principle, I do not allow this permission to any extension unless I developed it myself or it's from the security team at my employer. Why does this extension need this level of permission? Is it possible to descope to a more reasonable and safe level of permissions in a future release? If so, I'll be a happy user of this extension once again!
- (2019-04-17) André Casey: Works as advertised so far! Copy link button works and does what I'd expect. Could use some polish (and copyediting!) but overall great.
- (2018-05-16) Brian Talamo: Terrible extension. It doesn't auto copy into clipboard and even if you click COPY, it still doesn't copy. Almost useless.
- (2016-08-21) Joseph McGuirl: It's broken. Every short URL I create points to my Microsoft Live account. Please fix this!
- (2020-01-11, v:2.0.7) Ajay Patel: The extension isn't working
I'm using an iMac and a Mac Book Pro using macOS Mojave The extension worked fine the first day I installed it but now it keeps asking me to either log in or sign up. Once I sign in, it shows me another window with my links. However, when I click on the extension button in the browser again it still wants me to either log in or sign up. I've tried this on my iMac and Mac Book and it does exactly the same thing.