Allow you to easily change stereo sound on web sites to mono left/right with one click. Useful for videos with dual-language tracks.
This simple plugin allows you to change the sound output of the web page on the current tab to mono left or right easily with just a click. No need to fiddle with the OS volume control. Many videos on the internet utilize the left and right audio tracks for dual language channels, some could even contain separate audio tracks (commentary, etc.) on left and right channel. This plugin lets you switch between the two conveniently. Web sites that support the Left Right Sound Select Chrome extension can deeply integrate with it by firing events and listening to change events and integrate UI buttons directly on the page to switch audio tracks.
- (2022-06-24) จับฉ่าย: ใช้งานไม่ได้
- (2022-03-27) Paul E: Doesn't work
- (2022-03-26) SHREYANSH KUMAR: nothing happend
- (2022-03-21) Rob Reeve: Does not work at all on my Chromebook. In fact, no extension I have found will do this on my Chromebook.
- (2022-02-05) Dex Luther: Doesn't appear to work on Youtube. It's 2022 though, I shouldn't have to use extensions to make sound work properly on youtube. Why only the right speaker works after all these years is beyond me. Good work on the extension though. Unfortunately it wasn't what I needed.
- (2022-02-04) Random Hobbiest: All this extension does is make your audio become mono
- (2021-12-11) Charkel: Does not work on Youtube or Twitch.... When I choose a channel it just lowers the audio?
- (2020-11-21) mu-so guy: The selected stereo channel is centered, and the other channel gets muted; this works very well. However, I've faced problems of stereo audio getting downmixed into mono when neither channel is selected in the extension (even when the extension hasn't been used at all). I wish this problem would get fixed, possibly with some main "on/off" option. This is a very useful extension, it's stupid to have it ruined by such an easily fixable flaw.
- (2020-03-04) Eben Zellmer: Does not work with Chrome extensions that play audio.
- (2020-03-01) Nemo: Does not work with chrome 80.0.3987.122
- (2019-06-21) Nate Ridderman: Worked well for listening to mono videos on Youtube. Had to restart the tab first though.
- (2019-05-22) Dust Loong: 简单粗暴, 针对有些老电视剧不错, 但是可能有BUG, 没法回到初始状态
- (2019-05-03) Warmuser: Amazing, works perfectly on the latest Brave Browser. Thanks!
- (2019-05-03) Дмитрий М.: If both channels are turned on again, sound becomes monaural. Would be great if hotkeys could be assigned to actions (chrome's extensions API has such capability as standard): 1) turn on only left channel 2) turn on only right channel 3) turn on both channels because switching capability might be needed while video is in fullscreen (for example, on this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ComparandoGames/videos ) Still, a very much needed extension.
- (2019-03-08) Frederik Hesseldahl Havemann: Only slightly lowers the volume in the side not selected
- (2019-01-28) You Are: Finally I can listen to old youtube lectures that have only one audio channel.
- (2018-03-22) TheThorns: Does not appear to work on youtube. if I select right or left sound still comes out of both R & L
- (2018-03-13) Wojciech M: Selecting left and right tracks works great, but after de-selecting any I get mono downmix instead of regular stereo.
- (2018-02-24) Ozan Doğan: awesome!!!!!!!
- (2017-11-06) Bigi Lui: Easily switch between left and right audio tracks. No hassles.