Accelerate web browsing by automatically loading AMP or MIP versions of web pages, saving data and bandwidth.
The AMP Browser Extension helps when your connection is slow or unstable. It accelerates web browsing by: - loading Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) or Mobile Instant Pages (MIP) whenever possible, - switching between lightweight AMP and full-blown web pages by clicking on the extension icon or by keyboard shortcut, - highlighting the AMP links in Google Search - using Google AMP Cache for even faster loading, - sending Save-Data header for data reduction, - excluding user-selected hosts from processing. All features as well as excluded hostnames can be easily edited in the extension Options, which are being synchronized across devices. The extension is provided as-is, without any warranty, and it is not affiliated with Google. The source code is available at https://github.com/niutech/amp-browser-extension
- (2019-10-24) Nogatyr: I can't use it for development. It injects stylesheet which overwrites custom styles and breaks the page.
- (2019-06-26) Varun Kamani: not working
- (2019-01-08) another update. entire filter list gone again. please stop doing that.
- (2018-09-29) Gabe B: It does what it's intended to which is automatically detect AMP enabled webpages and load them but unfortunately a lot of the web is not ready for AMP yet. The extension desperately needs a whitelisting function for it to work effectively.
- (2017-09-19) Hᴀʀɪsʜ Aɴᴀɴᴅ: Works well mostly. Using AMP cache is a plus. But amphtml detection does not work on all supported pages. `Desktop AMP` extension does it well.