A useful newtab for Vanderbilt University undergraduate students.
***DESCRIPTION*** VandyTab has all the links and times you need in one place. Every time you open a new tab, YES, Brightspace, Gmail, and Taste of Nashville are a click away. Food venue times, VandyVan times, cafeteria descriptions, menus, and special dining events are also easily accessible. Enjoy a sleek, personalized newtab page with pictures of our beautiful campus. ***FEATURES*** -YES, Blackboard, Gmail, and Taste of Nashville links. -Food venue times. -VandyVan times. -Custom name. You can also change your name by clicking on it. -Changing background on open/refresh. ***CHANGELOG*** V2.3: -Swapped Blackboard for Brightspace. -Dining time adjustments. -VandyVan time adjustments. V2.2: -Window resize bug fix. V2.1: -Time fix. -Fade-in effect update. V2.0: -UI enhancements. -Scrollbar background color fix. -Photo credit fix. V1.9: -Menu link fix. -Scroll bar made larger so it's easier to click. V1.8: -VandyVan time fix. V1.7: -Added VandyVan times. V1.6: -Change name functionality added. Click your name to do so. -Clicking food venues opens page with their respective description. -Food venues that close during certain days now show days that they will open. -Time bug fix. -Column line bug fix. -Vertical adjusts with screen size. -Optimized for smaller screens. -Offline font optimization. -Removed unused resources. -Icons no longer stack when window is minimized. V1.5: -Positioning changed. -New icons. -Times updated. V1.4: -Times fixed. V1.3: -Fixed border color bug. V1.2: -Food times bug was fixed. -Time font-size altered for readability. -Name feature added. -Fade in/fade out effects added. -New background added. v1.1: -Food times added. v1.0: -Different background when new tab opened or on refresh. -YES, Blackboard, Gmail, Card Services links. -Time/Date displayed. -Photo credit link on bottom left.
- (2018-10-26) Yulin Guo: Add the option to replace the Gmail icon with an Outlook icon (for graduate students)?
- (2017-05-26) Payton DePalma: This is beautiful and so helpful. Literally perfect for a Vandy student. Clean, well designed, easy to use.
- (2017-02-02) Areen Kim: Amazing!!
- (2016-08-28) Derek Phillips: Awesome Work.
- (2016-02-04) Janine Smith: Awesome app! Perfect for vandy students!!! Go 'Dores! Thanks Nishant!
- (2016-02-01) Jacob Graham: Absolutely fantastic! Keep up the awesome work!
- (2015-12-10) Ayeee Sasha: This is useful and has all the things a Vandy student needs to access with the click of a button. It also looks great. Thanks!
- (2015-12-10) Vivian Chong: This extension is so helpful and something that I never knew that I needed in my life, but now that I have it, I don't know life without it!! Very great to use.
- (2015-12-10) Ethan Reilly: Excellently crafted and contains all of the essentials. Feels both professional and personal.
- (2015-12-09) Kirtan Dinesh Patel: An amazing sleek design that simplifies the everyday life of Vanderbilt students. Great work Nishant
- (2015-12-09) Sami Chiang: NISHANT YOU ROCK. It looks great and is so useful!
- (2015-12-09) Paul William Snider: Great extension! Sleek and practical. No nonsense, but has everything you need.
- (2015-12-09) Anderson Miller: Very cool streamlined tab useful for all Vandy students.
- (2015-12-09) Daniel Rose: I LOVE THIS!!! SO HELPFUL!!
- (2017-09-06, v:2.2) Matt Leon: Out of date information
I LOVE this VandyTab extension, however, it still shows Blackboard instead of brightspace and the resturaunts are incorrect (I.e. bistro now serves dinner and Last Drop is now Local Java). Are there plans to update it or turn over development to someone else if you've graduated?
- (2017-09-02, v:2.2) Irfaan Khalid: Blackboard Deprecated
Hey there - Blackboard isn't the primary course management system for Vandy anymore, but Brightspace is. Could you change it? Thanks!
- (2017-08-11, v:2.2) Vanderbilt changes 2017-2018
A few updates that might be considered: Vanderbilt has switched from Blackboard to Brightspace Vandy Vans will now be running ~22 hours a day
- (2016-04-24, v:2.2) Disabled Vandy Tab
Hi! I'm not sure what happened but all of a sudden my vandy tab stopped working. When I go on the chrome web store and go to VnadyTab, it says that it is added to chrome and says "This item has been disabled in Chrome" and has a link to enable this item but that button doesn't work. How do I get the vandy tab back? Thanks