Preview articles on Wikipedia and other wikis - become a wiki power-user!
UPDATE: Now works with ALL wikis across the web! UPDATE: Simply press Esc to close the popup. You're welcome :) FIXED: https support on Wikipedia. FIXED: support for wikia.com An extension to preview links to other wiki articles while browsing any wiki. Shift+Left Click on any article link to preview it. The source code is open and available on GitHub, for anyone looking to hack on it: https://github.com/vickychijwani/quickwiki. Bug reports and pull requests are welcome! Bugs and feature requests should be submitted on GitHub: https://github.com/vickychijwani/quickwiki/issues. Developed by Vicky Chijwani and Vinay Kola. Feel free to contact us with feedback: Email: vickychijwani [at] gmail.com, vinaykola [at] gmail.com Twitter: @vickychijwani, @vinaykola Contributors: - Koustuv Sinha CHANGE LOG: v1.1.3 - Works on wikia.com - Improved window positioning algorithm v1.1.2 - Works with https v1.1 - Now works on ANY wiki (not just Wikipedia) in ANY language! - Added feature to expand preview window for focused browsing in the preview itself - Interface overhaul - Bug-fixes v1.0 - Added minimize feature. - Added open in new tab feature. - Added feature to drag the preview window around the page. - Preview window "intelligently" calculates its position based on the link's length and position on the page.
- (2017-04-12) Petr Šťastný: Very good extension, exactly what I needed. Supports dragging, minimalizing... It's very good extension, it's worth of downloading!
- (2016-11-13) Adoel Rachman: Curious
- (2012-09-28) Ashwin Raghu: Brilliant! What every single person who uses Wikipedia with any dexterity was absolutely crying out for!
- (2017-11-30, v:1.2.0) Alex B: just work
Would be great if you could just do it on a mouseover
- (2017-04-12, v:1.1.3) Petr Šťastný: Close With Esc
Hello, I really like your extension, but could you please add option to close QuickWiki window with 'Escape' key? It would make it even better. Thanks, Peter