Adds context menu items to open a frame (or iframe) in the current tab, a new tab, new window, or incognito window.
Chrome recently removed the "Open frame in new tab", and related context menu items. This extension adds them back. It allows you to open a frame or iframe from any webpage in a new tab, new window, or new incognito window. Or you can copy the URL to the clipboard for later use. Version 7 removes the need to have access to the URLs you visit, since the tabs extension API has been updated such that it is no longer required. Yay. It also fixes the bug where "open in this tab" did not work.
- (2019-12-11) Lance E Sloan: I like that this extension works for frames and iframes. Despite other reviews claiming that this extension no longer works with recent versions of Chrome, I was just able to use it with no problem. It's now 2019-12-11 at 11:14, using Chrome Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit). I've had this extension installed for a couple of years.
- (2019-11-22) Diogó Coimbra: Muito útil, recomendo!
- (2019-11-16) Vadim Dyachenko: Pleased to find that this extension still works (Edge Beta 79). Useful for a rare occasion.
- (2019-10-03) Andy Scull: Love it! Allows me to select elements with uBlock Origin inside frames
- (2019-10-01) Moses Noghbaudie: Does not work. No context menu, even after browser restart.
- (2019-08-29) Daniel Del Rio: Works just like the features built into Firefox. After installing the plugin did not work on already opened tabs but if I closed them and then tried in a new tab it worked perfectly. I think this is normal behavior for just about all Chrome extensions though.
- (2019-08-16) Reisebüro Pomorin: luv it!
- (2019-08-11) Christoffer Brobäck: I wish more things on the internet used iframes, because this extension is only as useful as iframes is used :(
- (2019-04-13) Evan Frabell: This just saved my career. I'll be sending a fruit basket in the mail.
- (2019-03-25) Please consider adding keyboard shortcuts to context menu as I would like to be able to right click, then 'h' then 's' or something similar to show this frame only as part of replacing firefox for myself.
- (2019-03-10) GodRage Aonwa: "Open frame in a new tab" is the only one I need, and i dislike the contextual menu. But getting back the option to get frames into new tab is something somehow priceless. :)
- (2019-03-06) Ben Hu: missing function that had by Firefox. this fix this issue for Chrome users perfectly. Thank you very much!
- (2018-12-05) Y. Taborda: It works like a charm! Thank you!
- (2018-11-15) David Brieck Jr: Works great!
- (2018-10-24) John Morehead: Does not work. No context menu link.
- (2018-09-20) Duncan Oswald: Brilliant. Life-saving extension if you're lucky enough to have a high resolution monitor but unlucky enough to have to use Netsuite. However, as of today (20th September 2018) it has disappeared. Right click on the frame and it's no longer there in the menu. Help!
- (2018-09-12) da dave dude: I hated switching frames with the dropdown menu with a passion. Works perfectly and saved me a lot of time
- (2018-05-16) Boris Baran: Does exactly as promised. Insanely useful plugin, very recommended!
- (2018-05-09) John _Cave: Key point needed on the Web Store page: Does the browser need to be rebooted in order for the extension to work? Or is this extension dead?
- (2018-05-01) катя кот: this extension doesn't work
- (2018-03-20) Charles Ulrich: Do not waste your time on this in 2018. The extension does not work, there's nothing in the context menu.
- (2018-02-21) J K: works
- (2018-02-11) Amy Pagnozzi: Not working anymore, unfortunately.
- (2017-10-31) Mike Magarino: Great plugin. I use it daily at my job, as most of our web apps use frames. Breaking out of the frames really helps.
- (2017-09-01) Steven Powers: Cannot get it to show at all, just a grayed out extension.