This Chrome extension works when you are in a folder in Google Drive to open up the first 20 files in the folder.
** This is the Lite version in which only 20 tabs open at any time. To change this option, check out Drive20 Plus! ** This Chrome extension works when you are in a folder in Google Drive to open up the first 20 files in the folder. For teachers, this allows reviewing student work and providing feedback quickly. Click on the Drive20 icon in the omnibox while in Google Drive to open files. Right click on the extension icon to change the default from 20 files to a specified amount. You can quickly close files by right clicking on a Chrome tab and choosing "Close Tabs to the Right." Workflow tip: create subfolders to divide files into chunks. Open all files within a subfolder quickly using the Drive20 Chrome extension. Go to the last tab. Insert comments on the document. Use Control W to close the document and view the next document.
- (2019-10-23) Rachel Mortimer: I have just tried to use it after seeing it on Alice Keeler's Blog today and I have watched her videoclip a few times trying to work out why mine is not working at all. It just keeps opening up the chrome store again......
- (2019-08-27) Bill Steinbach: Thanks for putting the time into making this work again!
- (2019-06-05) Tom K: It doesn't work with Forms :-(
- (2019-04-04) Chris Wissmann: If only this would work! I keep getting the error that "No Docs/Sheets/Slides in this directory." Any ETA on fixing it?
- (2019-01-30) Dave Moak: Extension has stopped working entirely. Returns error message that says "No Docs/Sheets/Slides in this directory" when clearly there are. I've tried contacting Alice Keeler directly several times to no avail.
- (2019-01-16) Melody Jackson: Same as a few others.... Now it's saying there are no docs/slides/sheets in the folder when I'm staring right at them. As the others have said... I wish it still worked.
- (2019-01-02) Olivia Cauthorn: Does not appear to recognize the most recent google file types.
- (2017-11-30) Katheryn Honeycutt: Very helpful and has cut my grading time in half (almost). ;) Love this extension!
- (2017-11-14) Tricia Cressman: I've installed the extension but I can't get it to work. What am I missing? I see the symbol with my other extensions but it doesn't appear in the omnibox. Suggestions? It's exactly what I'm looking for... if I can get it to work
- (2017-04-07) Melinda Chau: Such a time saver! Love it!
- (2017-01-17) Greg Lloyd: Fantastic time saver. I actually increased to 25 tabs to accommodate my full class and repeated exercise multiple times for multiple classes. Worked great even with email and a few other tabs open in the background. Thank you Alice!
- (2016-12-14) David Beyer: This works exactly as advertised. It does indeed save a LOT of clicks. I tested it last night for 2 hours and didn't have any problems with it. I have 4 GB RAM in my Macbook Pro, and having that many tabs open was a killer. The solution was to reduce it from opening 20 documents at a time to 10.(So thanks for that feature!)
- (2016-12-05) Jessica Reinholz: I can't get the extension to do anything but open 2 docs? Suggestions?
- (2016-06-01) Trina Wilson: This app is very helpful in opening all the assignments in a folder to grade. I don't usually use the close all feature as I close them as I grade them, but I can see that it would be nice for others.
- (2016-05-16) Ryan Carroll: This is so great! I have been wanting something like this for a while. Hapara does not have this option nor does Google Classroom. Makes grading digital work so much faster. All those clicks to open the documents were a pain and the preview button in drive does not allow for comments. This is awesome.
- (2020-03-26, v:1.2) Samuel Montanaro: not working
Hi there, I added your extension but it appears to not be functioning at all, is there a way I can fix this?
- (2019-08-10, v:1.1.0) Brian Madson: Drive 20
I loved this extension but it is not working. I heard from Alice Keeler from her site that it was back and working but I have removed in and re-added it to chrome multiple times. Any advice? I didn't know if I am doing something wrong. Thanks.
- (2019-06-25, v:1.0.53) Sara Murphy: Operating Drive20
I cannot get this extension to work. I click on the 20 in my omnibox and nothing happens. I would love to problem solve this issue. Thanks.