Focus Last Selected Tab :: Provides natural / MRU tab ordering + Options for Tab Flipping, New Tab Select, and New Tab Location
Please Read the entire Overview section Before any Install or Update ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Make any Donation: * Visit the developer Website (click the house icon to the right) * (OR) Load one of these pages: https://goo.gl/W2Co6 https://www.buymeacoffee.com/FLST ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ FLST Chrome summary: * Provides a more natural / MRU style tab ordering * Focus-Last-Selected-Tab: when the current/displayed tab is closed, display the most recent tab * Multiple window support: tab ordering is maintained for each window * Tab Migration: ordering also works when tabs are dragged between windows * Options Page: right-click the extension icon and click Options (see icon Instructions below) * [Option] Tab Flipping: flip/toggle the current and most recent tab (!see LIMITATIONS below!) ==> After right-click on a regular link and click Open-link-in-new-tab: * [Option] New Tabs: select/display new tabs when created * [Option] New Tab Location: place new tabs on the far-right instead of immediate-right ==> See the developer Website for more details (click the house icon, above to the right) ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ FLST Rev 2.1 release notes: * Requires Chrome 88 or later versions supporting Manifest V2 * No special permissions, no [scary] Warning messages * Updated to work with newer Chrome versions that caused older extension quirks * Some older Chrome services are due for removal; now using replacement services * Older Chrome support for F9/content_script was always incomplete, now gone * Tab Flipping: click the extension icon -OR- type a shortcut (to customize, see Instructions below) * Extension icon: NOT displayed? forced by newer Chrome versions, see Instructions below - ALERT! Google announced Chrome Manifest V3; many extensions will not load and may not return after Manifest V2 is dropped, estimated Jan 2022 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ LIMITATIONS: * When the current/displayed tab is clicked, Chrome ignores that event and does nothing; other methods to trigger Tab-Flipping are required; click the extension icon or type a shortcut (to customize, see Instructions below; also provided during install) * All extensions cannot prevent other extensions from altering tab-related activity; to resolve any issues, see test Instructions below ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Privacy: * No spyware; FLST reads only numeric window-IDs and tab-IDs (eg 111, 14, 79) * If any concerns: Read the extension code. Use the source, Luke. =================================================================================================== Instructions, display the extension icon: - icon display was turned off by default in recent Chrome versions, no extension control * Click the jigsaw icon near the upper-right corner of the Chrome window * Within the Extensions popup, find [icon] FLST Chrome, scroll if needed * Click the pin icon to the right, should switch from outline to solid * Extension icon should now be visible, left of the jigsaw icon * For placement: drag the new icon left or right ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Instructions, customize shortcuts: (2 methods) * Right-click the extension icon, click Keyboard shortcuts * (OR) paste this URL to the omnibox / address bar: chrome://extensions/shortcuts ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Instructions, something not working as expected? * Visit the developer Website, read all sections * Disable all other extensions, quit and restart Chrome, then retest; re-enable other extensions only 1 at a time between tests. See LIMITATIONS above ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Questions / Requests: * This google site is not tech support, do not post here * Visit the developer Website, send email * To visit: scroll from the top of this page, click the house icon on the right * (OR) right-click the extension icon, click FLST Chrome ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Tell a friend about Google Chrome
- (2023-01-22) Tidy Roach: Can't live without it. Seriously xD
- (2023-01-03) Ronald Harvey: Thank you thank you thank you for making an extension that actually does what I - ME ME ME, not Google and not other developers - want my tabs to do! 1) open new tabs/links/ to the right of the existing tab; 2) open links from other applications to a new far right tab; 3) use "+" to open new tab to the far right; 4) close tab returns to the last opened tab. THANK YOU!
- (2021-05-07) Will Ashley: "Focus-Last-Selected-Tab: when the current/displayed tab is closed, display the most recent tab" Yea, this sucks, majorly. The only reason I want this extension is tab-flipping with a shortcut, but this thing where it focuses on the last selected tab *WHEN CLOSING A TAB* is so jarring and infuriating that I literally cannot use it anymore. I didn't realize that was the main point of this extension, which I assumed was tab flipping. Extremely disappointing I can't disable this annoying behavior in the settings.
- (2021-02-16) A Z: Very nice, works great. Install screens made the setup easy.
- (2021-02-07) Danni Webb: Removing because of the idiotic scream sound that occured when closing the popup window warning that its icon can't be seen on the toolbar by default.
- (2021-02-06) gezginorman: CTRL+X is a very very wrong default keyboard shortcut choice. It's just wrong.
- (2020-12-13) FamKis: While it does not work simply by clicking on the current tab in order to go back to the last tab (as Firefox FLST does), it does so clicking the add-ons-icon. Very good.
- (2020-07-31) D S: Without keyboard shortcut its not only half as powerful as it can be
- (2020-03-01) lesches choni: i didnt really get it. it was kinda weird
- (2019-10-16) Marco Büttinghausen: just donated. This extension just works in the background and I never think about it. But today it stopped working and I had to uninstall and reinstall it to get to work again and I realized how much I rely on this extension, the standard chrome behaviour to go to the last tab on the right when you close a tab is just irritating. Thx FLST for just keeping to work.
- (2019-07-01) Hosa: Hey. maybe Im crazy but this does not focus last selected tab. heres what happens, I am on a page I click a link, pop up opens another tab, I close it , and THE SECOND TO LAST SELECTED TAB GETS FOCUSED.
- (2019-03-13) Hans de Groot: Does almost all that I want. New tabs to the right, bring new tabs to front but it only focuses back to the last used tab when I click on the extention icon. I really would like it to that automatically when I close a tab. I use open in new tab in google search results a lot and when close the new tab when done and I like to jub back to the google results. It does this but only after I click the icon.
- (2018-05-13) whole product: added
- (2018-03-16) Seung Jin Sul: Function I needed! Great!
- (2015-08-02) K M: Got it cause it promised when I close a tab it goes to last active tab. It does not do this.
- (2014-11-23) Christina Fest: All I want is to minimize a tab by clicking it (Opera <3), works with the Fox, Ynot here?
- (2014-06-23) Przemek Kuczyński: Super! Dokładnie to czego szukałem. Dzięki takim dodatkom, Chrome powoli uzyskuje niedoścignioną nadal funkcjonalność Opery.
- (2014-02-01) Jason Ure: Is there a keyboard shortcut to make this work? Thanks
- (2013-11-23) Tim Tan: Doesn't work anymore except when clicking on button (which is a pain and pointless). Unclear what "new tab" location specifies. New tabs are always at end anyway?
- (2013-09-28) Pat Jordan: Chrome should work this way on its own. Now I'll switch from Firefox permanently. Thanks!
- (2013-06-05) Remy van Tol: It works pretty good, but beware not to hide the button, or else the shortcut doesn't work anymore.
- (2013-04-14) Timo Reimann: Finally a MRU extension that lets me bind a keyboard shortcut to it. For those you missed the news: Since Chrome 25, it's possible to bind shortcuts to browser actions (i.e., the action taken when clicking on an extension icon) or any command made available by an extension. See http://googlesystem.blogspot.de/2012/08/create-keyboard-shortcuts-for-chrome.html for details.)
- (2012-06-29) Eric Bodden: I really like this extension. I actually wonder why this is not the default in Chrome. A concern for me is the permissions it requires. Why does it need to see all data on all websites I browse?
- (2012-01-05) Osioke [o-SHO-Keh] Ojior: I may now switch fully from firefox to chrome. This is what I've been waiting for. I would give 5 starts if there were a way I could assign a keyboard shortcut to use this, rather than pressing the icon to focus on the last selected tab. Please consider creating this feature; such that Alt + Tab will switch between the current tab and the last selected/viewed tab.