This extension enables you to have a changing new tab background using a Local Directory or Imgur
Dynamic-New-Tab This extension enables you to have a changing new tab background. Currently supports local directory and Imgur. To ENABLE local directory check "Allow access to file URLs" in Extension Settings If there is no internet connection and the background is set to web url, it defaults to my pug lenny. Will be adding support for more websites soon. User are able to * Set background URL OR directory * Set background sizing * Set background position * Enable|Disable background changing * Set background change time * Remove search bar from new tab * Remove logo from new tab 0.0.2 * Switch to Next background by clicking icon 0.0.3 * Added Option for Download Link for the background, Shows in the bottom left corner * Incognito support, Dynamic new tab run in split mode in incognito mode any settings or backgrounds will not be remembered. More Options to Come
- (2019-10-14) Alejandro Quinche: i can't add the local images folder
- (2018-01-25) Avishek Das: Great stuff. But a few usability issues are present. 1. there should be a shortcut to the settings page on the new tab page itself. 2. the search/logo feature should be more customizable. currently there is no way to change its position or appearance. 3. there should be an option to select a single local image file. 4. there should be an option to select the background color. currently there is no way to change it from the default black. 5. a shortcut/button to go to the next image immediately should be on the new tab page itself. 6. there needs to be a "tile" option for image sizing. 7. he image timing slider should display the values while sliding or allow direct value input.
- (2016-10-28) Roman Gluhov: Awesome homepage and new tab background extension! Recommend it!!!
- (2015-05-11) Pierre Vigne: Bravo. Continuez. Encouragements. Pour l'instant la meilleure page Nouvel onglet et je sais de quoi je parle.
- (2014-10-27) 권태우: Good~~.
- (2018-11-10, v:0.0.3) C. M. P.: How does "Local Directory" work in Options?
I'd like to be able to add my own photos. Is that what "Local Directory" is for in Options? If so, how does that work?
- (2018-09-06, v:0.0.3) James Di Paolo Smith: How do I add custom backgrounds?
I'll keep it simple. I don't understand how to add custom backgrounds to this extension. I love the idea of what it is supposed to do, but I don't understand how to achieve this. I already have a bunch of pictures saved to my computer that I want as a chrome background, but I don't know how to reference them using this extension. Can it be done through the folder that they are saved on my computer? Do I have to post them online to reference them? In which case, how would I go about doing that?
- (2018-02-05, v:0.0.3) Issue
I can't add this to my new tab.
- (2017-03-06, v:0.0.3) Vladyslav Gula: button for google apps
like this https://i.gyazo.com/6865f2ef5caa73a492a04521ed63f9c6.png
- (2016-02-08, v:0.0.3) getting rid of
I would like to get rid of it