Highlight lines of text across the webpages using this extension.
Highlight lines of text across the webpage using this extension. MarkIt maximizes your productivity by giving you the ability to highlight text on webpages and sharing it with other people. On revisiting the webpage, your notes will be highlighted just like it would be in a notebook. No more rereading the entire webpage to look for one piece of information. This plugin lets you search and manage the highlights at a single place. Features: • Highlight important information • Manage the highlights for all pages from a single place and share it with other people. • Search for specific text that you highlighted • Persists highlights even after you close the browser and reopen it. • Filter URLs on which you don't want the extension to work. ***IMPORTANT INFO*** • EXTENSION NEEDS ACCESS TO DATA ON ALL PAGES BECAUSE IT APPLIES CSS FOR THE HIGHLIGHT. NO NEED TO WORRY *** • RELOAD EXISTING TABS AFTER INSTALLING THE EXTENSION OTHERWISE IT WONT WORK ON THOSE PAGES UNTIL YOU RELOAD THEM • NO SIGN IN REQUIRED. ALL YOUR INFO WILL BE STORED IN YOUR LOCAL BROWSER STORAGE AND WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE Instructions for use: • Go to settings to check default settings. • Use hotkeys selected in settings to activate different modes. • Select text to either highlight it or delete the highlight. • Search and Delete highlights from the management page. • Export and Import highlights from the management page. • Stop the plugin on pages by either the toggle button or by adding URLs in the settings page. • Email me for any major problems. It may take time because I am still studying :x • Donate if the extension helps you :) [https://www.paypal.me/HimanshuJain] Get In Touch Twitter: @himanshu1691 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/himanshu1691 Contact: [email protected] Version Changes: Version 2.0.1: - Fixed a bug where the extension highlights text on the page on its own due to CSS styling error. Version 2.0.0: - Added functionality to export highlights of a page for sharing with others and importing. Version 1.0.5: - Bugfix for changelog page. Version 1.0.4: - Bugfix for disabling the extension on startup. Version 1.0.2: - Changed default setting so that extension is disabled on starup. It has to be enabled from the toggle switch when you want to use it. Then the hotkeys will work. - Added changelog page so that users can see the changes made in the new versions. - Added function to open settings page when extension is installed for instructions. Version 1.0.1: - Added function to open extension support page for leaving feedback. Version 1.0.0: - Added option to turn off extension on all pages - Added option to define certain url's on which the plugin won't work
- (2020-08-30) D: Love the intended use. In practice however, something is wrong. Sometimes hh works, sometimes it doesn't, the extension is always disabled; on the same page every time I click the toggle button it's off. Needs to be debugged or simplified.
- (2018-03-19) Janilson Rocha: Nao esta funcionando
- (2017-12-12) Claud Tan: Very frustrating when it worked sometimes and not for another time.
- (2017-11-23) Eyder A. Rodriguez: Hacen falta más colores.
- (2017-05-14) Gersivan Oliveira: A ideia é muito boa. Melhora se tiver como exportar todo ou parte dos textos destacados. A exportação que existe é individual e em formato próprio da extensão (não exporta como texto comum).
- (2017-01-11) Игорь Тишкин: Yes, it is OK. Simple and useful to highlight words on a web-page. As it promises in description. But without larger options, it isn't the bookmark tool or another thing like Evernote or Xen.do. Well, it is nice for some purposes.
- (2017-01-01) Mayank Agarwal: Doesn't work. Unable to highlight a single word
- (2016-09-28) Sarika Kale: Nice one!!! Very helpful
- (2016-09-22) Anant Gupta: Great extension... Being a blog reader, this is what I was looking for. This app really helps me to mark the interesting sections from various websites and blogs.
- (2016-09-19) Siddharth Gupta: Excellent (Y) does what the name says :D
- (2016-09-19) Alex Mercer: Very useful, was looking for something like this for a very long time. Bookmarking texts was never this easy.
- (2016-09-19) Mohit Chhabra: Good Initiative..! You can easily put a virtual tag and keep your stuff highlighted for future ref. Very well implemented.!
- (2016-09-19) parul jain: Simple and easy to use, gives the experience of reading and highlighting just like in a textbook. Great for remembering important details on a page or for a quick review of an already read page.
- (2021-06-04, v:2.0.1) Daniel Eriksson: Sharing with URL
Please add support for sharing with other team members by the URL only. I want to highlight an article, click on the "Share Link" and paste it into Slack saying "Read these highlights". www.website.com/article-on-something?random-code-whatever Preferably without the other person having the plugin installed. (but if needed, then it would be an opportunity to get more installs :).
- (2020-10-08, v:2.0.1) Ray Naidoo: not. working garbage
- (2020-01-29, v:2.0.1) Not Working
It's Not Working Bro
- (2018-10-06, v:2.0.1) it doesnt work
I tried to do it with your video, but it doesn't work.
- (2018-10-06, v:2.0.1) It doesn't work
I tried 100 times, it doesn't work!
- (2018-09-28, v:2.0.1) Scott Johnston: markit
- (2018-02-13, v:2.0.1) JIMMY: no se activa
no se activa cuando le doy on. no resalta nada
- (2017-12-16, v:2.0.1) clanky asp: broken
also enabling it eveytime is annoying.
- (2017-09-13, v:2.0.1) Sona DVA: It Doesn't Work
This stupid extension can't highlight worth a damn!
- (2017-07-27, v:2.0.1) Not the one I wanted
I don't want it to open a whole page, just a little window to type my keyword
- (2017-06-22, v:2.0.1) Sarvesh Kumar: NOT USER FRIENDLY
I AM NOT ABLE TO USE IT I HATE IT
- (2017-06-04, v:2.0.1) Vikram Sarabhai: Not useful. sorry!
not so useful!
- (2017-04-01, v:2.0.0) Jared D: Keyboard shortcut detector not reset when typing *non* shortcut keys
If I type anything on any page that has a word or phrase with 2 d's or 2 h's near each other, *but not right next to each other* then the keypress listener will ignore the fact that non-shortcut keys were pressed in between, so it effectively thinks that "dad" or "did" is the same thing as typing "dd". Now, of course, there are plenty of words with "dd" in them, so even if this was fixed it would still fire, but one could set it to something like "Q" where it would be extremely unlikely to ever type 2 q's together by mistake. In short, I think that keypress listener needs to be a little more intelligent, and instead of completely *ignoring* non-shortcut keys, it should *reset* the shortcut-key counter too.