Store links to read later.
Have a habit of opening too many links in your chrome browser and wishing to read all of them ? This is what I call link hopping. It presents us with some major problems: 1. Too many links opened in your browser, resulting in huge sluggishness while working on other tabs. 2. Your major work tabs are lost in the sea of many read later tabs. 3. Bookmarking a links is for links which you liked and want to use for later reference. 4. If you just want to finish reading links later and then delete them from your todo list this is the right extension for you. 5. Save and Sync across all your chrome logged in browsers, with just a click of the button. IMPORTANT: You need to be logged into Chrome and have your extension sync settings enabled in order to sync your links across devices. You can do this via chrome://settings/syncSetup. This will prevent you from losing all your links if you re-install Chrome or if you want to use it on another computer with your Chrome logged in. UPDATE: 4.0.3 ----- Allow backward compatibility with URL's not having timestamp. 4.0.2 ----- - Fix broken UI of 4.0.1 4.0.1 ----- 1. Add URLs using keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+L 2. Cleaner API for managing storage. 3. Enhanced permissions. 4. Export URL's as JSON. Thanks to Alexander Kashev for contributions. 3.0.1 ------ Added badge to the icon to show total stored links. 2.0.1 ----- New Slick UI thanks to Johny Jose Icons and Shorter titles for links thanks FrelEsquif 1.0.1 -------- 1. Support adding more than 31 links, max limit 512 2. Duplicate links not allowed 3. Data structure for saving links changed. Each link is saved as key value pair in the sync storage as opposed to the earlier version where all links were stored in an array. 4. UI bug regarding Message box changed. ----------------------------------------------------------------- This is a google chrome extension for saving links for later reading. All the links are synced across all the google chrome browsers you are logged into. Download at: https://github.com/downloads/napsternxg/ReadLater/ReadLater.zip Source Code at: https://github.com/napsternxg/ReadLater FAQ at: http://smexyyweby.wordpress.com/readlater/
- (2020-08-10) Chandan Gupta: Does it read Chrome user data like other apps?
- (2020-07-11) Alex Beyond: Simple, does what it's supposed to do.
- (2020-07-01) Greenview Publishing: Thank youshubhanshu.com Excellent extension. It has all what is needed. users should know that the list can be converted from json to excel spread sheet at http://www.convertjson.com/ you can convert the time stamp using this formula. INT(((COLUMN_ID_HERE/60)/60)/24/1000)+DATE(1970;1;1)
- (2020-04-10) Bandar Abdulrahman: Great, but we need history for pages, because sometime we delete page by mistake.
- (2019-10-22) Andy R.: excellent tool. Simple & serves its purpose very well. you can export the *.json file it generates into a spreadsheet listing date you listed the webpage, page title and website address. thanks to the author, your work is very much appreciated.
- (2019-05-30) M. A.: Excellent for what it is for. A few options and additional functionality could be helpful, like option to close the page that was saved and more formats to export as, like HTML or plaintext. I've learned that this extension has hard limit of 512 links stored since and refuses to store more despite claiming success. This is rather unexpected and unfortunate limitation. Tho I think I'm in need of a different kind of extension for my needs.
- (2019-05-15) Per Aday: Perfect. Exactly my thinking on what extensions should be doing. Thanks.
- (2018-09-16) Victor Gascon: I like the simplicity of this extension. Just a basic place to store temporary bookmarks for future reference. Easy to add items, easy to remove them. Could it use additional functionality? Sure! But then it may get too complicated. Thanks to the author for a great application!
- (2018-08-20) Eddie Murphy: I use this extension on multiple browsers. It's great. Easy to organize for the most important pages.
- (2018-06-12) sundar rajan: good app
- (2018-06-03) Alex Pakh: The only extension that allows you to export list (as JSON in this case). Very handy in many situations.
- (2018-06-01) Bahadır Çağrı BAYRAM: So simple and good. just as needed.
- (2018-05-29) Ed Hye: Used to be excellent, but appears to be broken now. Clicking the Read Later button doesn't expand the window that showed all the items saved any more. Would be happy to change the rating if the developer could provide an update/solution.
- (2018-04-24) Tanmay Joshi: Only thing needed in my life. <3 Loved the product! This thing should be viral.
- (2018-01-10) Antonio Limori: Very good. My only pet peeve is that you can't change the title of the items and sometimes you end up with several links to the same website that all look the same.
- (2017-11-11) Russ Humphrey: Nice and simple and just works
- (2017-10-07) LORDE 2729: Really needed this . thanks
- (2017-09-17) jake erlich: I am unable to access the links I had saved... can you find them?
- (2017-09-09) Samuli Riekki: Worked well but latest update broke it. Cant see my stored links ! EDIT: Now works!! Thanks for super fast fix!!
- (2017-04-06) John Lockard: Works well. Things I see as missing... 1. Context menu selection for "Add to Read Later". 2. Ability to re-organize the links in the list. 3. Add all open tabs to Read Later. 4. Open all tabs.
- (2017-02-08) nayma ge: Had to reset chrome, redownload this extension and my list is now gone. It should require an account.
- (2016-11-08) Виктор Колбасов: ОТЛИЧНО!
- (2016-08-10) Dennis Long: excellent extension! one thing that would be helpful would be to have it update the number automatically on the icon on launching chrome. thx :)
- (2016-07-19) long night: Very helpful tools! And it can synced with all your browsers in the same g account! Thanks !
- (2016-04-11) Filip Pýrek: handy
- (2016-03-20) Ricardo Valle: Terrific extension that does what is supposed to do. I would change on thing however: allow the user to choose their maximum number of stored links.
- (2016-02-28) Alfredo Moreno: Great app
- (2015-10-18) Vladislav Barsov: Love it, Just what i needed. Thank you !
- (2015-07-02) Kaitlyn Holm: Perfect. Useable. Fantastic. Exactly what I needed. As someone who is chronically in at DiNo computers for extra RAM, this saved my life and my wallet.
- (2020-12-22, v:4.0.3) E.A. Thyssen: Need to delete Read Later / Reading List
How do I delete it from Chrome?
- (2020-09-05, v:4.0.3) Fawaz Akhtar: Some needed features
Can you please include the ability to add tags to links? That would be really handy. Another very useful thing would be the ability to export and import lists. Also, a search box to easily find the desired pages.Thank you.
- (2020-08-16, v:4.0.3) Barry R: how to export Read Later url list to another browser?
I'd like to export my current list to Brave browser (also a chrome type). what steps do I need to follow to achieve this? thanx, Barry
- (2019-09-11, v:4.0.3) Андрей Чудеса: links open in the background
Is it possible to make the links open in the background tab when you press the Ctrl button? so that you can open multiple links
- (2019-05-17, v:4.0.3) Per Aday: add alphabetically by domain or title so the same sites got together and easy to find.
That's easy to implement, no?
- (2019-04-30, v:4.0.3) Nick Patsaris: Where can I find my articles on the local drive?
Hi there, I would like to find my articles from an old backup. Are they stored somewhere on disk and if so where?
- (2018-12-18, v:4.0.3) two counts
i have your read later on my google which i find really convenient. how can i separate the ones i click and the ones my wife picks. gabby.com or "google" gabby cabby
- (2018-06-04, v:4.0.3) Benoît Zuber: bad display
On my laptop, read later is not displaying my links anymore. When I click on it a tiny popup window opens but it is so tiny that even the title (READLATER) does not fit. On my desktop it works fine.
- (2018-04-24, v:4.0.3) Howard Cohn: Export
How do I export my saved pages
- (2018-04-11, v:4.0.3) Andreas Urbanczyk: Unable to export my List
The JSON download is not working.
- (2018-02-22, v:4.0.3) Shortcut key?
It works great! Can I use shortcut key so that I don't have to click twice(Read later icon + ADD) :D?
- (2018-02-19, v:4.0.3) Can't scroll the saved links
I love the extension but can't see the links once I pass #20 there is no scroll bar?
- (2017-11-27, v:4.0.3) caitlin g.: access saved links on multiple devices via an account login and app
Would be great if we can save our links to an account and be able to access it on multiple devices