Reminds you of your goals in life while wasting your time in the internet. No registration. Full privacy. Speech (TTS)
Do you want to prevent wasting the time of your life surfing the internet forgetting the time? Do you need a reminder of your goals in life? Do you want to stick to regular breaks while working on the computer? Do you want to get in shape and stay fit by some sportive breaks while surfing? Do you need a timer for the Pomodoro Technique? Do you want to improve yourself by creating an exoself? Hack your mind? Do you need an advanced MotivAider inside your browser? Do you want to stop procrastination? This extension reminds you regularly of your important goals in life or just to pause for some sport or do a short walk to refresh your mind. It displays a minute timer in the right top corner of your browser. When the count down is down it shows a random goal of your life. You can configure the length of countdown or disable it temporally. You can also import or export your goals. This extension is open source so you can make sure it's doing nothing evil. Please visit the development website for source code and an issue tracker. I would love to hear your ideas how to make this extension better. News (20.June.2013): Added several options for Text to Speech (Voice Selection, Pitch, Volume and Speed) News (18.Jan.2012): New Cycle through Goals Mode which prevents repeated display of the same goal. Added TTS (Text to Speech). Uses text-to-speech capabilities in Chrome to read your goal by an voice simultaneous with the notification. I fixed the bug which prevented the addition of goal and caused the negative comments.
- (2018-09-14) C Emmett: Really nice idea and when it works it's great, but the execution is glitchy. Sometimes it only plays the first one or two reminders and stops working till you restart it. Good as a reminder for general tasks, not great to rely on.
- (2018-07-21) Tip Kilby: I use this to remind me of my personal affirmations all day long. This is perfect for me because it reads it to me aloud while also flashing it on the screen.
- (2018-03-28) Luis Lopez: La unica que si sirve
- (2018-01-31) Jean Vallée: Simple and efficient goal and motto reminder.
- (2017-12-07) Florent Berthet: This extension could become huge. It's simply the best way to keep you on track, motivated and focused. There's a bug on Chrome that prevents it from resetting when we don't close manually the reminder notifications. That's a big issue. Also, it would be great to be able to add a sound to reminders (such as a gentle bell).
- (2017-01-22) Patti O'Brien-Richardson: Reminds me to stop and pray, to take a break and walk. Especially helpful in my office.
- (2016-12-29) Heidi Newbold - CDPHE: I love it. It really helps me stay motivated and is great for affirmations during the day. Will let all of my friends know.
- (2016-07-06) V Zhekiel: literally the best thing ever???
- (2015-03-19) Greg Guepy: Has some bugs, but I was thinking it's time to learn to make extensions because I have a strong need for this. This is great, has reset issues when you are away, stopped working a bit... but a little work and I agree with Florent Berthet... this could be huge. Please don't make this a full blown app with features best served in a todo app like todoist. No long terms goals. I simply need to be reminded to check my posture, move my body and not stand/sit in stillness during long programming sessions!
- (2015-03-10) Troy Fergus: It does not auto reset.
- (2014-06-19) Stefania Castelli: I don't dislike, properly talking.... but I can't make it work. I have CheckerPlus for Gmail installed.... Don't know if this may be conflictive...
- (2014-01-23) Manisha sadana: GREAT FOR short term goals !!
- (2013-11-17) Mudassar Ahmed: Add option to auto reset timer after the notification is closed. Great work.
- (2013-08-26) Jeff Schell: I was looking for a Chrome alternative to Reminderfox on Firefox. I like the TTS but would appreciate the ability to schedule my reminders or at least specify how many minutes until the reminder pops up again.
- (2013-06-25) James Clark: I like the concept. It has potential but it lacks a lot of functionality such as the ability to set long term goals and have scheduled reminders. It should also have a countdown clock including years, months, days, hours and minutes till the goal date.
- (2013-04-06) Tommy van Uden: After the extension used speech I couldnt change any fields in the options anymore. Had to remove it. After adding the extension again and disabling the speech it worked fine. I use a chromebook s550
- (2013-01-15) Matt Farrugia: Awesome extension! I would love to see an option where I can add a URL for an image to be shown along with a reminder, or something like that. Just an idea, the extension is already great as it is.
- (2012-10-25) daphna Avraham-Meron: lovely! i use it to remind me that i need to drink.. simple and effective. + i dont like the voice...
- (2012-04-15) Johannes Writer: Thank you so much for the updates! I cannot live without this extension! There are just 2 missing features: - Ability to set the volume of the speech reminder separately. Sometimes I get a heart attack if I have the volume on my PC set to maximum, which I sometimes have to because of other programs. ;) - If people have several TTS voices installed (often different languages), they cannot change the TTS voice!
- (2011-12-17) Chun Yin Lau: Doesn't work when I press the + button Using Chrome 16
- (2011-12-07) Ashley Hodges: Does not work to add goals
- (2011-11-27) Girish Tyagi: I can't understand how to manage my goal and time and it is not working good .. its buttons are not working ..
- (2011-10-31) Nikolay N: Does not work
- (2020-07-22, v:1.4.7) Jeff Schell: [email protected] - Make Open Source Code Available to Edit
I checked for the availability of the Open Source code but it is no longer in the Google Code Archive. The developer does not respond to requests, but I'm hoping he'll see this and respond. Please make the code available so it could be modified to fix the timer reset issue. Thanks!
- (2018-11-17, v:1.4.7) NigelSelenaTaarika GeorgeKumar: Auto Reset needed
Oh. We just installed this extension, and out of all the timers, this seemed to be the best... especially because of the customizable notifications and also the timer that counts down. But sadly, as stated above, it goes to negative numbers after the notification and then we have to manually close/reset. it would be great if it automatically reset the messages and the numbers back to the specified reminder time. Otherwise, perfect.
- (2015-10-05, v:1.4.7) Anders Baumann: Bug fixes?
To the developer: The timer doesn't reset but continues into negative numbers. Are you going to this bug?
- (2015-02-23, v:1.4.7) Timer doesnt reset
after alert is displayed the timer wont reset even if i click and acknowledge the alert, it just goes into negative numbers. Very annoying!!
- (2014-12-30, v:1.4.7) yaron elh: There's a bug in counting back
The counting doesn't Reset after the time ends, In the first timer it works okay but all the rest just accumulate and nothing happens (It just continues counting)
- (2014-06-20, v:1.4.5) Mahitosh Kumar: Not working on windows 8
The Goal reminder is not working on windows 8.1 The notification pop up is not displayed.
- (2012-11-29, v:1.4.3) Jeff Schell: Allow specific times/dates for reminders
Love the extension. I would like to have the ability to set reminders with a specific time/date and also have the ability to snooze for various lengths - rather than the same intervals as is currently implemented. I used to use a Firefox plugin called Reminder Fox and would like some of those features in your extension. Thanks for your work!