Stops video autoplay gracefully.
- (2020-02-14) Steve Private: So far does the trick in 2020; fingers crossed.
- (2020-02-02) p bigras: Works fine thanks
- (2020-01-28) realndn2: Doesn't stop all videos (Yahoo!) and makes some much harder to watch (NFL.com).
- (2020-01-24) William Brennan: Thank you soooo much. This extension is a life saver.
- (2020-01-20) SloppyGoat: It only seems to work randomly.
- (2020-01-10) Patrick Nelson: Great extension! This really helps when browsing news websites that like to spam you with autoplaying videos. Would love to have the ability to copy/paste lists of exclusions/exceptions via simple text box and allow for wildcards, that way I can easily edit in bulk and copy/paste in case I need to set this up on another machine.
- (2020-01-09) Rob K: Only just started using it, but seems to work perfectly on annoying news sites, and yes, gracefully. I've tried others that have failed. Thank you!!
- (2020-01-03) Alexander Thomas: Finally something that allows to fight back against the horribly annoying trend of stupid video backgrounds. Why this isn't a standard feature in every browser, beats me.
- (2019-12-31) Matt Riker: Interferes with Chrome Remote Desktop, and unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to whitelist certain sites/domains.
- (2019-12-26) Matt Lawson: This works pretty well, but this also causes Chrome Remote Desktop to stop working.
- (2019-12-17) C Pabst: Thank you God!!! I don't know what everyone else is complaining about, but this is worked right off the bat and is heavenly. It seems to me if you had previously messed with your chrome settings, reset them to default and then install this. I never messed with my settings and thus it works great! All those annoying as hell videos are gone. And for those sites like Netflix and YouTube, I just clicked on Allow Autoplay and Bob's your uncle. THANK YOU!!
- (2019-12-15) viktor kapov: Расширение не работает не останавливает видео единственое рабочее расширение в магазине Disable HTML5 Autoplay
- (2019-12-14) Charnita Fance: I got this especially for YouTube. It works but ONLY if I open the video in a new tab. If I open it in the same tab, the video still starts to play. This probably isn't the developer's fault (not sure). FYI: I'm using this in Brave browser on Manjaro Linux.
- (2019-12-02) Alex Nuñez: It actually works! Unbelievable that Chrome refuses to implement this natively but thank you for making this extension!
- (2019-12-02) rabbitcamp: No longer seems to work as of 12/1/19.
- (2019-11-30) Frank Ellermann: Allowing this extension only on www.youtube.com (where Chrome decided that I always want autoplay overriding a "needs user activation" flag) worked for me.👍
- (2019-11-21) Anders Hansson: Just updated Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 - works nicely
- (2019-11-20) Multi Media: Спасибо разработчику, полезное расширение
- (2019-11-05) Josue Plaza: Works so far
- (2019-11-01) Павел Кожевников: Спустя десяток расширений нашёл то, которое действительно работает.
- (2019-10-26) Christian Björkman: Nope, don't work on Chrome version 78.
- (2019-10-23) Hytham El-Shawaf: works for me
- (2019-10-21) Rose Steve: After installation, followed directions to block videos. Visited site that auto plays videos, no change. Videos still played.
- (2019-10-17) Zoran Zhelezarov: Works for me.
- (2019-10-13) John Fredlund: I thought Chrome was going to have a switch to disable autoplay, but it never happened. I finally found this extension to stop all the videos from playing and it works great! I have limited data and it really irks me that web sites don't care and load so many videos.
- (2020-02-06, v:1.7.4) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Problem
Doesn't work when a video is started from the video sidebar on youtube.
- (2019-12-27, v:1.7.3) Vreem de Ling: Mute option of Chrome affected
The extension works great on most sites. One thing though: on most sites the auto mute function of Chrome isn't working anymore. With AutoplayStopper installed, that seems to be ignored, audio is unmuted even though Chrome says it is muted. When I uninstall AutoplayStopper, the auto mute of pages is working just fine.
- (2019-12-16, v:1.7.3) Aaron Armstrong: Unable to apply exceptions
I tried to add youtube.com as an exception but it won't let me apply as the button is greyed out.
- (2019-11-29, v:1.7.3) Roland Tobiasz: Interfering with Chrome Remote Desktop
First: This is a great addon! I love it! Several months ago Google decommissioned the remote desktop addon forcing all to use the web page version at: https://remotedesktop.google.com/access. It seems that AutoplayStopper is preventing logging into the web remote desktop. Setting the above webpage as an exception in AutoplayStopper solves the issue but there must be many frustrated users out there who cannot login not knowing where to troubleshoot the issue. Either informing the users or whitelisting the chrome remote website address by default would save a lot of pain for some users. Other than that...great App and thank you for developing it! I'm using Windows 10 Home, Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108
- (2019-11-28, v:1.7.3) Long Luu: add exception for GIF
on sites I frequent like Kotaku, there are GIF images that I would like to play as per normal. can I add those exception somehow?
- (2019-11-10, v:1.7.3) Dennis Halnon: No Longer Works
Just thought you should know ... I'm sorry to tell you, this extension no longer works. I just used Chrome 78.0.3904.87 on Mac OS (10.14) and went to https://www.registercitizen.com/; videos are auto-playing just as they did before. Looks as though Google has undermined this extension.
- (2019-10-21, v:1.7.3) Fox News , video have reverted to open in thumb nail , they have been just going black.
Videos on Fox News have reverted to appearing in a thumb nail, they have been blocked and just going to black.
- (2019-10-01, v:1.7.3) Kristine Griffioen: Autoplay Stopper no longer working with Chrome
Several websites including CNN are auto loading and playing videos even though I have installed the Sept2019 version of autoplay stopper. I am using Chrome as my browser on a MacBook Air.
- (2019-10-01, v:1.7.3) K G: Is there a way to stop buffering too?
First, this extension is great! It stops all video on a page from playing until I click on them. I don't have to go switch something off in the extension if I do want to watch a video, I just click on it. The problem is I am on a metered connection, and the buffering of the video sucks up bandwidth, even though it is not playing. Is there a way to stop the video from buffing while still being able to just click on it if I want to watch it? Or maybe just stopping the buffering after a certain time, that way when you click the video you wouldn't have to wait for it to load.
- (2019-08-28, v:1.6.1) Papa Boomer: Autoplaying videos not being blocked on news sites...
I have run into many videos that aren't being blocked on news websites. Here is an example... a 14 minute autoplaying video in the middle of this article isn't being blocked: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article234457977.html
- (2019-08-19, v:1.6.1) Michael DeMond: Video Autoplays Despite Your Extension
This extension works awesomely, however, I stumbled upon a link where a video still plays in the bottom right corner in a desktop window: https://1053thefan.radio.com/articles/news/report-ezekiel-elliott-agent-thought-jerry-jones-joke-was-disrespectful Thank you for any assistance!
- (2019-08-01, v:1.6.1) Bob Hoskins: No download link!
Hey Doofus - you forgot to add the DOWNLOAD BUTTON on the extension page. Write thousands of lines of code then forget to include a download link. Brilliant. Using Win7 with latest Opera browser. If it only works in Google Chrome you might want to include that since there a 100's of millions of people around the world using Chrome based browsers that aren't Google Chrome.
- (2019-07-13, v:1.6.1) Gage McMullen: Twitter
This extension is broke now on Twitter. Videos will no longer load. I had to add it to my exemptions.