This extension allows you to disable autoplay by default on Youtube
This extension automatically disables the feature where Youtube will automatically play the next suggested video. You can just click it off manually, but you need to remember to do that every time and it wastes precious seconds you could be using to watch more Youtube. There is also an option to permanently enable autoplay (if you actually want autoplay on) by flipping the switch in the extension popup. Feel free to contact me if you find any issues or have any suggestions. This extension is not intended to stop videos from automatically playing when you open a new tab. It only stops the next suggested video from playing.
- (2020-06-29) Ayodele joseph oluwaseyi: i love it
- (2020-04-14) my comment: The extension works perfectly without any problems. You can see how the autoplay slider switches to "no". What a relief! ;-) Btw. for all the confused out there, ON is the setting to make the extension work.
- (2020-04-07) Michael Jones: Does absolutely nothing. Did not stop autoplay between videos, the next video started right up. Anyone know of an extension or app that actually works?
- (2020-04-03) Kaleb Kenway: Does not work.
- (2020-02-13) Xsav Xsav: Не работает
- (2020-01-11) Daniel Berezvai: Hint: Make sure you allow this extension in incognito mode — the only place where it is actually needed. (While logged in, youtube knows I prefer autoplay off. But when I'm going incognito it resets to the default value - on...) Edit: As of 2020.01.11. this extension works as advertised. I chose to Hide it in the chrome menu and allow it in incognito. Not sure why it cares about my browsing history (see permissions) but whatever.
- (2019-11-21) Spigana Spektore: It does stop autoplay when I open a video in a new tab, but as soon as I open the tab with video in it, the video automatically starts playing.
- (2019-08-11) Kixeu Svent: I doesn't work.
- (2019-07-22) Kelly Cannon: Didn't work for me. I'm on a Macbook Pro running Mojave 10.14.5 and Chrome version 75.0.3770.142. Installed it on Chrome and rebooted. No change to Youtube's behavior -- it still autoplays videos. Disappointing.
- (2019-07-19) Yoshi: Doesn't stop autoplay. Literally the only thing it is advertised to do, and it can't do it.
- (2019-07-07) Mr. Eagle: I always have lots of tabs opening with Chrome. (last session). I was hoping this would stop YouTube from playing video in Tabs when opening Chrome, but it does not. So totally useless....
- (2019-06-17) Andrey Putilov: Great! Perfect! Sad Youtube makes us install such non-sense things. To all the people: don't forget to allow in incognito
- (2019-06-01) Askejm: Simple and works
- (2019-05-18) Phil Roggenbuck: Agreed the Ui is confusing, also neither option does actually stop the auto play...
- (2019-05-02) Suraj Kumar Shrestha: This extension is godsend. Thank you.
- (2019-04-09) Bhaskar Mitra: 3 star rating is unfair to this developer..I tried all youtube autoplay stop extension not a single one worked one this one worked so it deserves 5 star anyway,it worked every time without fail till now,but I really do not know why Chromium day by date updating so stupidly like a year or so ago we can permanently stop autoplay by our will now that main feature chromium made as experimental feature and that also fails every time now.......!!
- (2019-03-29) Siddhesh Karekar: Works just as expected. Thank you!
- (2019-03-18) Pfeffernüsse Schädenfreude: Dumb & useless, this does not stop autoplay, this is a redundant switch for playlists that is already built into youtube, thus completely unnecessary, and we do not need to install or give third party apps access to use... -10/-10 Would uninstall again.
- (2019-03-06) Braden Dodge: the name of your extension is inherently deceptive. The "Autoplay" does not mean when a video moves to the next video, it means "Autoplay". You should change it to "Stop Youtube Next Video Autoplay" because that's what it actually does.
- (2019-02-11) Александр Козлов: Не работает! (Does not work!)
- (2019-01-13) benji Wilbur: This extension works great for me- very useful. I also love another one of this developer's extensions called "Any Youtube Playback Speed" and I encourage everyone to check it out!
- (2018-12-30) Thomas Giles: Doesn't currently work. Double-negative UI is confusing; does "stop autoplay on" mean autoplay is on or off? Does "stop autoplay off" mean autoplay is off or on"? You just need a toggle that says "Autoplay on" and "Autoplay off."
- (2018-10-28) Charles Moore: Thanks for developing this and releasing it for free, unfortunately it doesn't work. Mac OS Mojave v10.14, current official build of Chrome v70.0.3538.77.
- (2018-10-27) Denver Root: This extension does not work in up-to-date versions of Chrome. It does nothing at all, has no effect on Youtube. I contacted the developer a week ago (visible on the Support tab above) and have received no reply. Don't waste your time installing this useless extension.
- (2018-09-24) reynaldi a: Works very well
- (2019-10-03, v:1.3) Mousey S: Stop Youtube From Playing on Page Load
I was wondering if it would possible to build a chrome extension that prevents the video starting automatically when clicking a video from the search feature or on a channel?
- (2018-10-19, v:1.3) Denver Root: No effect
I've loaded a new Youtube tab *after* installing and activating the extension (which you'll see in the screenshot), and yet the video starts playing immediately. I have refreshed the page a couple times, and it still behaves the same. Screenshot: https://slack-files.com/T0A4KE7PT-FDH9J55FT-334bdecce9 Chrome on Windows 10: Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) Youtube video from screenshot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeYPLeiNf0Q Help. :(
- (2018-08-17, v:1.3) Wei Huang: Read Browsing History
Thank you for making the plugin but why does it read browsing history?
- (2018-06-24, v:1.3) Kenneth Nilsson: Does not work automatically
I usually right click on you tube's suggestion and open them in a new Tab. Then I watch them one by one. This extension does not add anything. It will always do this autoplay in each Tab. Sure, I can stop it by clicking the extension but then I can just as easily click the youtube "switch" as well. When I close Chrome and start it again, it will autoplay again. I'm on Win 10 Pro.
- (2018-05-28, v:1.2) zak ryals: It stopped working for me
It stopped working for me.
- (2018-04-02, v:1.2) Wotan Helaria: Ne marche pas
Malgré l'activation du plugin, les videos continuent à se lancer automatiquement, ce qui m'oblige à continuer de les arrêter à chaque fois. Comme c'est la seule fonction de ce plugin, il ne présente donc aucun interêt.